• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Single Country on Registration

grungefreak1

Hi,

My online shop only sells to Ireland. Is it possible to have Ireland as the only country available upon registration? Or remove it and have it as a hidden field so as to satisfy the "Insert" statement in the code?

Any work arounds or suggestions welcome?

Grungefreak.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

can you let me know where that piece of code would go please?

Thanks

GF

I have my code altered, so I can't give you an exact line number, but do a search for tep_get_country_list, and you'll see where it is located at. Just do what he said and add in the code of the country that you want to display first. The numbers are in the countries table, and if you are in the U.S.A., the number for it is 223.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Hi,

My online shop only sells to Ireland. Is it possible to have Ireland as the only country available upon registration? Or remove it and have it as a hidden field so as to satisfy the "Insert" statement in the code?

Any work arounds or suggestions welcome?

Grungefreak.

having the same problem also

However i have removed the country from the sign up page

go to catalog/create_account.php

find

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_COUNTRY; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_get_country_list('country') . ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_COUNTRY_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_COUNTRY_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>

change that to

<td class="main"><?php //echo ENTRY_COUNTRY; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php //echo tep_get_country_list('country') . ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_COUNTRY_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_COUNTRY_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>

Archived