• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Image sizes - catalog and popup use the same one?

sdrio

I might be misunderstanding this, but is it not possible to use a different image for the 'click here to see full sized image' popup (or whatever it is, my shop is in Portuguese) than the one for the product page?

My popup / full sized images are all 480 x 480, which looks fine on the popup, but when it's 'shrunk' for the product detail to 100 x 100, a) it looks jagged, and B) it takes 5 x as long to load as it really needs to.

I'd also like to be able to use a double sized image for the popup - front and back views, but if th popup isn't square, it looks awful on the product detail page.

I can't see where to specify this, but if it is possible, your help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I might be misunderstanding this, but is it not possible to use a different image for the 'click here to see full sized image' popup (or whatever it is, my shop is in Portuguese) than the one for the product page?

My popup / full sized images are all 480 x 480, which looks fine on the popup, but when it's 'shrunk' for the product detail to 100 x 100, a) it looks jagged, and B) it takes 5 x as long to load as it really needs to.

I'd also like to be able to use a double sized image for the popup - front and back views, but if th popup isn't square, it looks awful on the product detail page.

I can't see where to specify this, but if it is possible, your help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

search the contributions gfor on the fly thumbnailer, that should sol=ve the resolution issue. Also ensure you only ever set one dimension and leave the other empty (not 0) in the admin>configuration section. Ie set the width to 120 or 100 but leave the hieght empty. That way your images will not distort when thumbnailed.

search the contributions gfor on the fly thumbnailer, that should sol=ve the resolution issue. Also ensure you only ever set one dimension and leave the other empty (not 0) in the admin>configuration section. Ie set the width to 120 or 100 but leave the hieght empty. That way your images will not distort when thumbnailed.

Hi, thanks.

I don't have any probs making the images the right size, it's really a question of whether I'm right in saying the 'thumbnail' on the main page for the product MUST be the same file as the popup. In some cases, I'd like them to be different images - is it possible?

I like to keep the thumbnails square, for asthetics, so I'll always use more or less 100 x 100, but the popup would be more useful if it wasn't restricted to the same proportions.

Thanks for your help though.

Archived