• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

QTPro and Attribute Inventory

Hello everyone,

I have been looking at QTPro for managing the inventory of my store. Unfortunately I could not find out whether it tracks the inventory of the attributes of a product as well. So fo rinstance shirt sizes and colors or hardware parts? I think that it does, from what I have read, but I wanted to double check before installing it and then having to uninstall it because it doesn't do what I thought it would...

Also, does anyone know what the best version to use with EasyPopulate is? Thanks again -

Peter

• 3 weeks later...
Hello everyone,

I have been looking at QTPro for managing the inventory of my store. Unfortunately I could not find out whether it tracks the inventory of the attributes of a product as well. So fo rinstance shirt sizes and colors or hardware parts? I think that it does, from what I have read, but I wanted to double check before installing it and then having to uninstall it because it doesn't do what I thought it would...

Also, does anyone know what the best version to use with EasyPopulate is? Thanks again -

Peter

Hi Peter,

I have just added QTPro to my site and i think it does what you are looking for. I found the manual in one of the zip files from the contribution page:

Go here:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/888

Download QTpro 4.3 and go to "New install or update from version before 4.25" directory in the zip file and you should see manual.htm which gives a good idea of what the contribution does for you.

QTPro allows me to modify the stock of each item type (in my case: length, diameter, angle. In your case colour etc).

It also does a low stock report which will show all stock that is below a certain level at that time.

I found that you can set the "low stock level" to be a high value and then you can get a full stock report of everything currently in stock.

Hope this helps,

Aidan.