• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What do you think of my shop?

I found the bestsellers infobox vertical scroll very annoying and do not recommend it. The first left infobox that shows a bunch of products does not have a infobox description and the top part of the infobox seems messed up. Personally I would remove the infoboxes on the left, remove the live human is busy picture and add the information infobox in its place. I suggest that you add some type of logo that hints to what you are selling in the header. Other then that I like the background.

Andrew Yuen

osCommerce, Community Team

Thanks for your comments. I'm not sure about the slow loading, although that bestseller box could also be a culprit. I will take it down.

The first set of info boxes on the left are my product categories, therefor separate from the second set, which are information pages. Not sure why the links shouldbe repeated in the second set? Perhaps I am missing something?

Good point about adding a jewellery image to my logo, and I will get on that too.

Thanks again! Keep em coming!

Angel

Hi Angel,

As I mentioned in our short live chat at your site, your images are a main cause of the pages loading slowly.

I tried downloading a thumbnail image and actually got a large (the popup image) image of 400 x 400 pixels.

As I mentioned, I used the contribution big images (see my signature) and it was easy to install and worked great.

I then decided to change it from a popup (click for larger image) image to an embeded image on my product info page.

You can make the big images any size you want as they are not called out in osC admin panel. Then make a smaller version of the image for the thumbnails so they will load faster (their size gets called out in osC admin panel).

You can see what I am talking about at my work in progress site - http://handeshobbies.com/catalog/

Something happened to your Catergory box. The header is all messed up and missing the title. But you knew that LOL.

There is no Home or Back links. I guess one could always use their browsers back button.

It took a little looking around before I found - My Account, Cart Contents, and Checkout down in the Information box. It would have been nice to find that seperate from the store info or at least not mixed together.

I would lose the line and link at the bottom of the page - "Payments Powered by a Nochex Merchant Account".

Along with the Nochexcards.gif logo. Keeping just the credit card logo's should suffic.

A real silly thing... maybe it's just a U.S. thing? But here we spell Jewellry = Jewelry. :-"

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

Hi, I just took a quick look and I should tell you that my feedback will somewhat coloured by my disappointment in Swarovski Crystal jewellery after having bought some over the internet earlier in the year.

That's an attractive font you have used. On my screen the main colour of the site colours though look rather washed out. I find that blue gives a more vibrant sparkling look to a jewellery site (though probably work better with diamonds).

How come the Amber Chip Earrings [E127] are free?

The links say 'Add to Bag' but it actually adds it to the 'Cart' not the 'Bag'. Perhaps it would be better to be consistent.

I agree about the information box. There is too much in there.

hth

David

Hi guys,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

Images/ Slow Loading

I will definatley install the contrib for my images, that has been a bugbear of mine from day 1.

Category Box

Yup, I tried to make both corners rounded and that happened, can't seem to fix it back now though, but it's on my list to fix. Same with trying to put a title in there, I'm not sure where to put the code.

Info Boxes

Again, this is a layout issue that I am looking into. I want to change the whole layout of my store to look something more like this:

http://osc.template-help.com/10707/index.php

Rearranging this info will be part of it, and functional customer service links to the shopping cart, account etc will be more prominent and separate from the rest of the info.

I will also be strengthening the colours of the site with the redesign too.

Nochex

I have to display this info as part of the conditions of my Nochex merchant account. I signed up for it because of all of the problems I have had using Paypal. I also heard that they are planning to start charging buyers as well as sellers for all transactions, which would stp me using the altogether.

Jewellery/ Jewelry

Yup, it's spelt differently. ;) I know you can get a nifty bit of code that will display a different image depending on where the visitor is coming from, and if anyone knows where to get that, please point me in the right direction!

Font

I could scream at the moment over that font because I spent weeks choosing it about six years ago and thought it was distinctive and stylish and unique. I went back once the biz was established to try to buy the rights to exclusivity, and couldn't find it anywhere. Now everyone and his dog are using it. (Look at just about any wedding magazine or advert and you'll see it.)

All feedback is REALLY helping me out planning the redesign, so again, thanks a lot guys. Give me a shout if there is anything I can do in return.

Angel

Archived