The e-commerce.

EasyPopulate 1.0 - Populate your store from Excel / csv

wasson65

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to be able to update my tags from Linda's header tag mod as well using easy populate - has anyone done this, or know how to implement it into this solution ??

EasyPopulate 2.3 does indeed support Linda's Header Tag mod!

Enjoy,

Tim

I just tried to use this and it looked like it was going to work for me. When I uploaded the file with my products it said they were added and did not give me any errors. When I checked it on the catalog page the product price and image was listed and that was it (in the new products box not in the catagories box). I could click on the image and it took me to a page where it said "Product Not Found". What am I doing wrong?

- Josh

I just tried to use this and it looked like it was going to work for me. When I uploaded the file with my products it said they were added and did not give me any errors. When I checked it on the catalog page the product price and image was listed and that was it (in the new products box not in the catagories box). I could click on the image and it took me to a page where it said "Product Not Found". What am I doing wrong?

- Josh

Send me your file to take a look at. This is an odd problem I haven't seen before.

[email protected]

Thanks,

Tim

I just attempted to read the whole tread here and I guess I missed an answer somewhere....

When I use html in product descriptions in Excel and upload to osC the " gets changed to " and none of the urls are correct. If I go change the description through admin all works fine. But I have over 2000 products and most link to second and third images and some have a mailto link and I'm looking at needing to go change all of them :(

What am I doing wrong?

Debbie

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

I just attempted to read the whole tread here and I guess I missed an answer somewhere....

When I use html in product descriptions in Excel and upload to osC the " gets changed to " and none of the urls are correct. If I go change the description through admin all works fine. But I have over 2000 products and most link to second and third images and some have a mailto link and I'm looking at needing to go change all of them :(

What am I doing wrong?

Debbie

You're not doing anything wrong, and there's an easy fix: in easypopulate.php, there is a configuration variable called $replace_quotes. It's defaulted to true. You can change it to false, and it should fix your problem.

Let me know if this works,

Tim

What am I doing wrong?

Debbie

You're not doing anything wrong, and there's an easy fix: in easypopulate.php, there is a configuration variable called $replace_quotes. It's defaulted to true. You can change it to false, and it should fix your problem.

Tim

OK, but how to I get all my quotes back? Excel said basically "forget it" when I tried to search and replace! LOL

Debbie

What am I doing wrong?

Debbie

Ahh, I see your problem... what you need is to get the "'s turned back into ", right?

Send me the file and I'll see what I can do. A little PHP ought to fix things right up!

Tim

Tim

OK, but how to I get all my quotes back? Excel said basically "forget it" when I tried to search and replace! LOL

Debbie

HI,

I just had a general request referring to the manufacturers field, is it possible to void this as i don't need it?, also does easy populate allow for the inclusion of catagory images or does this have to be done manually?

Thanks for a great program!

Cheers

Derren

HI,

I just had a general request referring to the manufacturers field, is it possible to void this as i don't need it?, also does easy populate allow for the inclusion of catagory images or does this have to be done manually?

Thanks for a great program!

Cheers

Derren

Yes, you can remove the manufacturer's field. Look about halfway thru easypopulate.php, and you'll see a line like this:

function ep_create_filelayout($dltype){
	global $filelayout, $filelayout_count, $filelayout_sql, $langcode, $froogle_quotes, $fileheaders;
	// depending on the type of the download the user wanted, create a file layout for it.
	$froogle_quotes = false; // default to false, froogle file layout will set to true if needed.
	$fieldmap = array(); // default to no mapping to change internal field names to external.
	switch( $dltype ){
	case 'full':
		// The file layout is dynamically made depending on the number of languages
{/code]

This is the part of the code that determines what fields will be in the downloaded files.

Just comment out all the lines that look like this:
[code]
	'v_manufacturers_name'		=> $iii++,

And those nasty manufacturers won't bother you any more!

The category images still need to be handled by hand, because a single category might be listed 100 times in a file, so to put the category picture in each one would be messy.

Tim

wow,

fast reply, thanks. okay this is what happened.

* I first commented out the line as suggest by you and uploaded it.

* Then i downloaded my catalog

* Checked the catalog to make sure the field was gone

* deleted the online catalog

* re-uploaded the catalog back to the store

unfortunately the manufacturer field is still there but it just doesn't have a name, is this a case of removing the manufacturer infobox from the right hand column or have i missed something?

When a product is selected the manufacturer infobox comes up with the line other products but there is no manufacturer name.

Cheers

Derren

wow,

fast reply, thanks. okay this is what happened.

* I first commented out the line as suggest by you and uploaded it.

* Then i downloaded my catalog

* Checked the catalog to make sure the field was gone

* deleted the online catalog

* re-uploaded the catalog back to the store

unfortunately the manufacturer field is still there but it just doesn't have a name, is this a case of removing the manufacturer infobox from the right hand column or have i missed something?

When a product is selected the manufacturer infobox comes up with the line other products but there is no manufacturer name.

Cheers

Derren

You'll need to look in catalog/includes/column_right.php and column_left.php. Find the lines that include the various manufacturer boxes and remove them.

Tim

• 1 month later...

Ah, it isn't set to do that, in the Easy Populate 2.4 beta there is an explanation of how to add additional fields, but they need to be coded into the php by hand. I'm not sure which table the specials prices are stored in, so I don't know how easy it would be to add the field.

Debbie

• 2 months later...

Hi, I've i'm installing EasyPopulate 2.53 on osc 2.2 (tep_snapshot-20030325) and am facing the below error when running easy populate from the admin area.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_tax_class_title() (previously declared in /usr/local/www/data-dist/edsyn/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1111) in /usr/local/www/data-dist/edsyn/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 29

Can someone point out where they think i've gone wrong?

thanks

Eagles may soar, but weasles don't get sucked into jet-engines

I am using easy populate. If I "easy popluate" using the same file more than once (without changing the file) it creates multiple entries for those products. Ie I have 4 entries for the same product after using easy populate 4 times. Is there something I am missing when using easy populate - should i be removing all products from database before using easy populate.

I appreciate any comments/help.

I added a field, products_op_id, into the Products table and changed EasyPopulate's file in three places: The filelayout definition function, the select queries, and the insert queries. The database is updating (almost 5000 lines) correctly except that EP is putting the price in products_op_id and products_price. I'm guessing I've added something in the wrong place. I just can't seem to find it. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Steve

I am using easy populate. If I "easy popluate" using the same file more than once (without changing the file) it creates multiple entries for those products. Ie I have 4 entries for the same product after using easy populate 4 times. Is there something I am missing when using easy populate - should i be removing all products from database before using easy populate.

I appreciate any comments/help.

Are you using a unique product id for each product? If not, that is why you are getting multiple entries. If you are using unique product ids, it will over wright the porduct with new information instead of creating a new product. It is the first column in the EP spreadsheet. I personally use Excel to autofill that column when adding new products. If you add the same product id to a new category, then it does create a second entry, one in each category.

No, there is not a product id field in my import data. The first field is "v_products_model". I created my import file after exporting a tab delimited file from easy populate..... there wasn't a product id feild in the exported file either..

Can you please let me know the import field format. The current file I am using has this format..

v_products_model |v_products_image | v_products_name_1 | v_products_description_1 | v_products_price | v_products_weight | v_date_avail | v_date_added | v_products_quantity | v_customer_price_1| v_customer_group_id_1 |v_customer_price_2 | v_customer_group_id_2 | v_manufacturers_name | v_categories_name_1 | v_categories_name_2 | v_categories_name_3 | v_categories_name_4 | v_categories_name_5 | v_categories_name_6 | v_categories_name_7 | v_tax_class_title | v_status | EOREOR

As you can see, I have no product_id field............

Can you explain why there was none in the exported file??? Do i just need to add that field to my data to get it imported corectly?? -

Thanks

Francois.