• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EasyPopulate 1.0 - Populate your store from Excel / csv

wasson65

I received this email from lunarpages (my hosting company):

"The permissions for the file are set to 777, this will need to be changed to

Your server was recently upgraded to PHPSuExec for security purposes.

If you currently have any php variables set in your .htaccess file you will

need to create a new file called php.ini and place any php variables in

this file instead.

If you are using 777 for permissions on your php scripts you will need to

change the permissions to 644 or 755. You may want to change the permissions

to 755 either way.

I hope this helps.."

So, changing from 777 to 755 allows me to run the script. Now I can not upload the files. Anybody have input? Sorry, I'm not a computer guy.. I just play one on tv.

Bob

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont no if any one can help but i get doulbe the products

i made the mistake of puting (Part No#) at the start of all my products

so ive changed the data base to say part no+ insted of model number+

an im using ep to take all the partnumber attrib out but when i upload it to the data base it makes doulbe products listed

eg (Part No # 12334)

(12334)

this is so wierd is it possible the ep cant replace part numbers or delete them?

Vertical Climb watch me loose grip an plumit!!

• 2 months later...

Anyone figured out the solution for this problem.

12 is the maximum on a standard OSC install.

Your maximum product_model length is set to 12

You can either shorten your model numbers or increase the size of the field in the database.

my model numbers are maximum 5 characters. Any help on this topic is appriciated.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For some reason whenever I try to upload a file I get this:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpco3lIB

User filename: bestop_Jan_23.csv

Size: 103012

| 39327-?? | /bestop_se | BESTOP AQU | TrailMax? | www.bestop | 296.94 | 1 | | | | 5 | Color | 51 | 0 | Black 01 | 77 | 0 | Spice 37 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Bestop | Seats | | | 0 | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| "39334-? | "39335-? | "39336-? | "39337-? | "39346-? | "39347-? | "39736-? | "39746-? | "51253-0 | "51254-0 | "51255-0 | "51256-0 | "39321-? | "39323-? | "39331-? |

I've chopped off all the other part numbers as they are basically the same.

------------------------

I don't know how to word this in terms of doing a search. All my files are doing the same thing. Even those that I've not modified recently. Anyone?

Thanks,

Jerry

For some reason whenever I try to upload a file I get this:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpco3lIB

User filename: bestop_Jan_23.csv

Size: 103012

| 39327-?? | /bestop_se | BESTOP AQU | TrailMax? | www.bestop | 296.94 | 1 | | | | 5 | Color | 51 | 0 | Black 01 | 77 | 0 | Spice 37 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Bestop | Seats | | | 0 | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| "39334-? | "39335-? | "39336-? | "39337-? | "39346-? | "39347-? | "39736-? |

I figured it out. It seems that Easy Populate doesn't play well with PHP5.

• 2 weeks later...

when uploading from the admin i was getting that classic error that people get when the permissions aren't set to 777. my temp had the correct permissions so i was confused for awhile. i looked at the error message a little more closely and noticed that it wasn't saying that it couldn't write to the temp file but it wanted permissions to write directly to the catalog directory. just out of curiosity i changed the permissions on the catalog directory and it worked like a charm.

• is this an ok thing to do?
    what possible problems can this cause?
    if it is going to cause problems how do i fix it?

many thanks!

:D

Love Easy Populate!

I have some products that are beneath several sub categories. When I import my easy populate it only gives me: v_categories_name, v_categories_name_2, v_categories_name_3.

Even if I add a column such as v_categories_name_4, it still does not import correctly. It just starts at the top directory of the catalog and imputs the product into partial sub-category structure. The easy populate file does not export or import more sub-categories than 3.

Please help if you know how.

I've just tried using EasyPopulate on my shop and I can download my database fine, real timesaver once I get it working.

When i try to upload it does nothing...absolutely nothing. Not even any errors.

As far as the script is telling me everything has worked fine. But when I check the shop, no changes have happened.

For a testing purposes I am using a local setup and the real shop db.

When I try to upload the changes (made in Excel and saved as Tab Delimited) this is the script output I get.

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\php60B.tmp

User filename: EP2005Feb10-1212.txt

Size: 1253145

Yet nothing has been added to the database.

Any ideas??

Hi everyone,

I have been having a weird problem lately with easypopulate. I never had problem with

till i installed a new field (exactly like it is mentionned in the contribution)

Even when importing even when it is 1 line is says this:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 3

INSERT INTO products ( products_cost, ` products_image, products_model, products_price, products_status, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id) VALUES ( '', '1213', '', '1', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, "0000-00-00 00:00:00", '', '', '1', '13.9' 'NULL') 

[TEP STOP]

The new field is 'products_cost' from the contribution margin reports. When putting a file with about 200 products it will upload correctly for about 100 products then this message above appears again. :'(

My intuition says that the `-sign should not be before products_image.

But I am not a php guy so could some php guy please help me figure out this problem?

Is it possible that the controbution 'new fields in easy populate' has an syntax error?

I have compared my code 3 times and I know for sure that I have copied 100% what is mentionned in the contribution. :(

Hello guys, just wanted to know why when I import my EP file it only adds the first product or line. After that it will not add any more. This is what I get when I import.

Easy Populate 2.74-MS2 - Default Language : English(1)

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: e:\PHP\uploadtemp\php15.tmp

User filename: EP2005Feb08-1010.txt

Size: 2458

| 1 | None | Creative N | None | www.creati | 292 | 0 | | | 1 | 1 | Color | 2 | Size | 3 | Model | 5 | | Value | 6 | | Premium | 7 | | Deluxe | 8 | | PS/2 | 9 | | USB | 4 | Memory | 1 | | 4 mb | 2 | | 8 mb | 3 | | 16 mb | 4 | | 32 mb | 5 | Version | 10 | | Download: | 13 | | Box: Windo | | MP3 Player | Creative L | | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| 2 None C | 3 None C |

PC HACKSHACK.COM

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK I AM DOING WRONG? :o

• 3 months later...

Now whenver I use it, It just double everything up, so I have two of each product. And if I delete everything first from the cart then use easy populate it puts all the products in correctly but no categories, so in other words, it doesn't really work for me at all. Is there something wrong on my end???

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone help me with loading my products?

I am getting the following error message using EP:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/allaudio/public_html/catalog//catalog/temp/megagoods1.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/allaudio/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpAzqyHJ' to '/home/allaudio/public_html/catalog//catalog/temp/megagoods1.txt' in /home/allaudio/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpAzqyHJ

User filename: megagoods1.txt

Size: 248372

Warning: file(/home/allaudio/public_html/catalog//catalog/temp/megagoods1.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/allaudio/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 666

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/allaudio/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 689

Can anyone help me with loading my products?

I am getting the following error message using EP:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/allaudio/public_html/catalog//catalog/temp/megagoods1.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/allaudio/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpAzqyHJ' to '/home/allaudio/public_html/catalog//catalog/temp/megagoods1.txt' in /home/allaudio/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpAzqyHJ

User filename: megagoods1.txt

Size: 248372

Warning: file(/home/allaudio/public_html/catalog//catalog/temp/megagoods1.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/allaudio/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 666

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/allaudio/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 689

I thought you were going to do it. You thought I was going to do it. We all thought somebody else was going to do it. At the end of the day, nobody did it.

That's teamwork.

I am getting a similar error message as you are:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/var/www/html/tienda/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2005may31-1402.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/tienda/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpcbGx2w' to '/var/www/html/tienda/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2005may31-1402.txt' in /var/www/html/tienda/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpcbGx2w

User filename: EP2005may31-1402.txt

Size: 47274

Warning: file(/var/www/html/tienda/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2005may31-1402.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/tienda/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 666

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/tienda/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 689

Notice the double slash in "catalog//catalog" above.

Any clues anyone?

I thought you were going to do it. You thought I was going to do it. We all thought somebody else was going to do it. At the end of the day, nobody did it.

That's teamwork.

this is not the easypopulate support thread, it is listed in post 347, read thru the last 5 pages prior to posting a question/thread as your questions are answered in there.

• 2 weeks later...

hey i've hardly used php, oscommerce or easypopulate before and i need to convert products from an old database to my new site.. where do i start? is there a noob guide or anything?

all my thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having trouble with this module. It was installed by the original owner of my site and I can't seem to get it to work right. I am trying to download the csv file so I can look at it and see the order the columns need to be in. Can someone please tell me either what I'm doing wrong or what the order of product columns should be in the csv file.

Thanks,

Stephen

• 3 weeks later...

You need to have a folder called "temp" to store the files to. It needs to be writable.

Now that you have the english - here is the technical way to do it. Make sure you have a file called temp in your oscommerce directory. You need to edit easypopulate so that the temp directory (the default is /catalog/temp/) will point to your oscommerce directory (/temp)

Then you need to set the permissions to allow the program to write to the directory. In cpanel, select temp folder, click on change permissions and set to 777.

Good luck

Eric Rima

URL Removed

this is a dead thread.? the ep support thread is here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=64945

it duplicates because of not using categories properly, and or having an apostrophe in the categories name.? dont use apostrophes . .

The url has been changed, please do a search for easypopulate

Edited by Mibble