• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EasyPopulate 1.0 - Populate your store from Excel / csv

wasson65

I'm having the same problem and it's driving me crazy. I get the same message as the other users saying that the file had been uploaded. I have the temp in the catalog and chmoded 777 and the database totally empty. I thought it was b/c of my many fields but now I have fields as set by EasyPopulate.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have set the directory to chmod 777 with WS_FTP, and it worked once on friday, the test products were uploaded, but when I came back to the office today, the products are there but the images do not show up (the red x's show up for the pics) so I deleted the categories from my list and tried to re-upload the .txt file that worked, now I get this error.

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpnDw39c

User filename: EP2003Apr25-090.txt

Size: 1146

| newprod1 | Crap video | Hercules I | Crappy pro | | | | | | | | 12 | | | | 12 | Hercules | Hardware | Video Card | | | | | | | Updated

1054 - Unknown column 'products_mimage' in 'field list'

UPDATE products SET products_price="12" ,products_image="Crap video card" ,products_mimage="" ,products_bimage="" ,products_subimage1="" ,products_bsubimage1="" ,products_subimage2="" ,products_bsubimage2="" ,products_subimage3="" ,products_bsubimage3="" ,products_weight="" ,products_tax_class_id="" ,products_date_available= CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ,products_date_added= CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ,products_last_modified=CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ,products_quantity="12" ,manufacturers_id=10 , products_status=1 WHERE (products_id = "41")

[TEP STOP]

Are you using the triple images contribution? If not then remove the column for mimage and comment out the lines in the easypopulate.php that have that field mentioned.

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

I commented out every instance of 'mimage' and this is the error i got after updating the easypopulate.php in my ftp database.

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/php5CqIqb

User filename: EP2003Apr28-1010.txt

Size: 696

| mark | adobe.jpg | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | software | Applicatio | | | | | | | Updated

| shahid | winxp.jpg | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | software | Operating | | | | | | | Updated

| rehan | hercules.j | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | hardware | Video card | | | | | | | !New Product!

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '// #products_mimage, #products_bimage, #products_su

INSERT INTO products ( products_image, // #products_mimage, #products_bimage, #products_subimage1, #products_bsubimage1, #products_subimage2, #products_bsubimage2, #products_subimage3, #products_bsubimage3, products_model, products_price, products_status, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id) VALUES ( 'hercules.jpg', 'rehan', '', '1', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, '', '', '1000', 'NULL')

[TEP STOP]

This is even more confusing. When I delete all of the catagories and thus delete the items, I am then allowed to upload, and the items are stored in the catalog. But the images never show up. This is without editing the mimage statements in the php file. It says new item updated or what not, so they are in there with the categories and subcategories that I created in the excel sheet, but just no images. I have the images in 2 directories where I figure they would be used. So here are my questions

1. What directory do the images need to be in?

2. After I let's say update the excel sheet (tab-delimited txt file) I get the error I posted above 2 posts above when I re-upload the updated text file. Now does the text file need to be named a different name every time I upooad it? And what mimage statements need to be commented out?

Thanks.

-mark

If you don't specify a directory then they need to be in the images directory. If you put them in a subdirectory you can specify the subdirectory without the leading /

If you don't use the mimage field, all incidences of it need to be commented out, I think there are three places.

The file name doesn't matter.

not admin and the answer depends on what directory your store is in. So the same directory where the default images loaded up :)

thank you loxly, you've been so helpful. Ok, it's almost working, I just need to reinstall a new osCommerce, because it seems that even when I manually deleted the products and categories, they still appear (not the images) on the catalog when I go the online catalog from admin or just as a guest. So i've deleted the current osCommerce and installed a fresh one, now before I try a big upload, I would like to know what they mean in the EP documentation when they say for requirements,

"EasyPopulate requires an OSC 2.2 snapshot. It will not work with 2.1."

How do you know what version you have, and if I have the wrong one how do i update it to 2.2? I'm using cpanel with the webhosting service that hosts our site and on cpanel it installs oscommerce, but I don't know what version. thank you.

-mark

loxly, maybe you can help me with this question.

Now I want to be able to use the multiple image or subimage option. My client has two pictures for each product, the thumbnail and the detailed larger view. I want to know what field out of the multiple image field options do I add to the spreadsheet (tab-delimited .txt file). Is that all I need to do? Also will adding that field allow the user to click on the thumbnail for a closer view? thanks.

-mark

Also, should I use the split file import option? My clients online store and excel sheet that I'm formatting to fit the EP file layout, has 21,213 items. What would be the best way to import that data with EP?

-mark

I have been sucessfully using this contrib and its saving me hours of updating each week as my prices change weekly.

just one thing i would like to know is-

what code would i need to place to make it deactivate products automaticly if they arnt on the EP sheet .

so basiclly a feature that will de-activate products that are in the sql database but arnt on the sheet, and activate products that are de-activated in the database but are on the sheet

Thanx Heaps

Also, should I use the split file import option?  My clients online store and excel sheet that I'm formatting to fit the EP file layout, has 21,213 items. What would be the best way to import that data with EP?

-mark

I would break it into sections that make sense to you. Like by categories or similar products. I have been able to load 500-1000 products at a time with all the added fields. I split my files myself, so I know what has been loaded and when and it makes it easier for me to manage.

I am going to be reviewing a version of EP that has been built that breaks it into smaller pieces to make it easier to manage and will be working to evaluate it over the next couple of days and will let you know as soon as I do how well it works.

I have been sucessfully using this contrib and its saving me hours of updating each week as my prices change weekly.

what code would i need to place to make it deactivate products automaticly if they arnt on the EP sheet .

so basiclly a feature that will de-activate products that are in the sql database but arnt on the sheet, and activate products that are de-activated in the database but are on the sheet  

Thanx Heaps

there is an active/inactive field in the database, but the file can't change records that are not referenced in the file. You can update the sql to set all records to inactive and then load the ep file to re-activate products, but you would need to do this when no one is shopping or all your products would disappear and reappear :)

hi

there is an active/inactive field in the database, but the file can't change records that are not referenced in the file

Couldnt the script be tweaked to compare what is / isnt in the database against the EP sheet and activate/de-activate products accordingly?

I didn't write the script, if you know how, give it a shot :)

It doesn't seem to me that it would be easy to do a comparison. This script does inserts and it can create categories, of which there are many less than there are products and they are in a different format.

Besides, many of us do NOT use it to load the entire database at once, but do it is sections and I certainly do not want it turning off the products that aren't in the file.

Hi loxly

I realise not everyone could use this but i run an computer hardware shop that is online only so i order products as i need them.

So hence the need to keep up my product in sync with my suppliers list, so need to activate and de-activate as his stock comes and goes.

The Ep script has cut this down considerably but im still spending too much time updating the data base with new and old products.

Maybe i should pay someone 10c a product to update it for me lol

Thanx Heaps

As Deborah of Loxly has said, that's a more dangerous game, and it makes it hard for people who upload just snippets of their products at a time. I've tried to make EP very safe, so it purposely doesn't do any deletes. The simplest thing for you would be to just hack easypopulate.php so it runs a query before the upload, that sets all products inactive. Then the upload will set them active if they are there.

You can do this in phpmyadmin as well.

Tim

Loxly, maybe you can help me again. Okay, things have been going great so far.

1) Now the problem I've run into is, when I don't have a category or manufacturer pic available, it gives me the red X box image. I uploaded a no_image.gif file that reads, "no image available." and I also went into easypopulate.php file and uncommented the lines as follows:

----------------------------------------------------------

// set them to your own default "We don't have any picture" gif

$default_image_manufacturer = 'no_image.gif';

$default_image_product = 'no_image.gif';

$default_image_category = 'no_image.gif';

// or let them get set to nothing

//$default_image_manufacturer = '';

//$default_image_product = '';

//$default_image_category = '';

---------------------------------------------------------------

as you can see i also commented out the last 3 which were originally read in by default. but my no_image.gif file still does not show up even though I'm positive it's in my image directory, and of course uploaded the new easypopulate.php file to overwrite the previous.

2) Also, I set this value to zero because after I uploaded a field that had quotes around a description it gave me some garbled characters. So I though this would fix it, but after I uploaded this change to the php file it still didn't show up as quotes, just boxes and what not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

// **** Quote -> Escape character conversion ****

// If you have extensive html in your descriptions and it's getting mangled on upload, turn this off

// set to 1 = replace quotes with escape characters

// set to 0 = no quote replacement

global $replace_quotes;

$replace_quotes = 0;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) and the biggest question is how to activate the other fields I have in my field list that do not show up on the product page. For instance, manufacture name, other descriptions, weight and so on. The only thing that is shown is the product name and price along with picture.

thanks as always.

-mark

1. images: I have images for everything because I sell photos :) But I would sort the spreadsheet on the image field and do a quick fill to add the no-image gif. It's easy, it'll work.

2. I have no idea, I haven't been able to get this right from day one. Tim has looked at it a couple of times, but I have given up. I have an add on that lets me call an htm file for each product if I have a lot of characters that get garbled. I am going to look at direct import through phpMyAdmin and see if it happens there too.

3. If the info is in the spreadsheet it gets added to the database, so you have to go to admin and look at what you have set to show on your product page. I forget exactly where it is, but it is in configurations or catalog, product display.

Just to warn you, I probably won't be checking in much in the next couple of days.....

hello,

this little bug is :

i upload a product with a new v_categories_name_1

the product is present in the "products" table, but not in the "products_to_categories" table

it doesn't appear in the catalog

of course, no problem if the categorie is already created

i have no code solution, sorry :?

charles

I have never had a problem with EP creating new categories. Are you sure you have a unique product model number for each product?

Hi, I am new to OS Commerce and have searched the forums and can't find a solution to this problem.

I am running a recent snapshot of OSC and have installed the following contributions successfully (i think)

Latest News 1.1

Seperate Pricing per customer 2.6

UK recorded & Standard delivery contribs

& Fax Credit Card Detail

I have just installed the Easypopulate and the link appears in the admin fine. I have gone through the configuration values and it seems fine (its a default install so file locations are unchanged).

The problem being when i click easypopulate nothing happens it goes to the correct link, but no errors,no nufink :(, just a blank page.

Help :)

Thanks all :)

How many items are you trying to upload? It sounds like the file is too large and your browser and/or server are timing out.