• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

please check out new update on our store

Hi guys,

We just added a custom modification to our store on the listing pages so that when you mouseover the image, a bigger version gets displayed. I would love to hear any critiques on it (and any bugs found). Also if enough people like it I will attempt to make it into a module for all. Also if anyone has found one that works better I would love to hear it.

http://www.janescloset.com

Just some info on the javascript. It takes advantage of prototype and preloads the first row of images. After that it will attempt to load on the fly for other images. I also already know that it does not work of Safari but at least it does not get in the way. Any Safari experts out there I would greatly appreciate any pointers.

crrrum

The purple green background is the wrong choice and honestly gives me a headache. I suggest replacing that background of the website. I don’t like the rollover image enlarge option. I think it is unnecessary, if I wanted a bigger picture I naturally click the image and in the product info page click the image again. Finally, the link rollover color disappears into the light pink of your site. I suggest you choose another color like the brown used in the order $100 free UPS ground picture in the header.

Andrew Yuen

osCommerce, Community Team

I do, generally, like your website. A lot of thought has gone into the design of it. However, I would suggest one thing - get rid of the tiled check backgrounds outside of the main page area - and don't have different backgrounds for different pages. They detract from what is otherwise a good design.

The javascript enlarge function is being used by a lot of shops today. I'm not a great fan of it, but it will appeal to a good many visitors.

Vger

Archived