• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Free Shipping over amount with restrictions

I have been searching and hoping that there is a contribution or maybe a combination of contribs that will allow me to do this, but aside from the freeamount contrib I have found nothing. Since we are selling small items(trinkets) and large items(tires) that are very heavy and expensive to ship, we wanted to offer free shipping on orders over $100 with the exception of certain large products for which we always need to charge shipping on. Can anybody point me in the right direction? I'm desperate!! I know somebody else has had to have needed or found something since many e-carts have this.

• 2 weeks later...
I have been searching and hoping that there is a contribution or maybe a combination of contribs that will allow me to do this, but aside from the freeamount contrib I have found nothing. Since we are selling small items(trinkets) and large items(tires) that are very heavy and expensive to ship, we wanted to offer free shipping on orders over $100 with the exception of certain large products for which we always need to charge shipping on. Can anybody point me in the right direction? I'm desperate!! I know somebody else has had to have needed or found something since many e-carts have this.

I need this too. I've been asking for months and no one helps. I'm about to start looking at other cart options.

You need to tweak the shipping module code.

Implement the following.

In admin add a text for shipping cost and place cost for higher weight products that You want to charge.

Now within Your quote function cart needs to be bifercated into two parts one with normal products and other that needs to eb charged.

So internally this code will calculate two shipping and add and come to a final cost.

For a person aware of shipping and how to get cart products this would be pretty easy.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

• 1 month later...

I, too, am looking for a solution for free shipping over 110$ but under 15 (kilos) in weight. This way I can make heavy/big products weigh over 15 and charge shipping for them.

• 2 weeks later...
You need to tweak the shipping module code.

Implement the following.

In admin add a text for shipping cost and place cost for higher weight products that You want to charge.

Now within Your quote function cart needs to be bifercated into two parts one with normal products and other that needs to eb charged.

So internally this code will calculate two shipping and add and come to a final cost.

For a person aware of shipping and how to get cart products this would be pretty easy.

Satish

Well I'm still trying to figure this one out, I'm a beginner when it comes to code so I need a lot of help with this. I'm really surprised that this doesn't already exist.

I would like to figure out a way to add an extra field to the products description that I can check with a 'yes' or 'no' as to whether they qualify for free shipping. Then some how implent that with the freeamount, so that the system see's anything in the cart over $99 will ship for free, except those items checked as not eligible for free shipping.

Anyone have any ideas??? I honestly don't know where to start.

Edited by skylab001

function quote($method = '') {

global $order;

there is a function quote.

There we do have global $order.

Use this to get the cart weight and if it exceeds certain weight just add some cost.

In short looking at the function quote will help.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Since version 3, the FreeAmount contrib has a maximum weight option in the admin settings. As is, it would work only if one tire weight would be greater than orders for >$100 of small trinkets but you might be able to make it work...

The freeamount contibution seems to do what I need but will display free shipping for international orders which i don't want.

Try adding something like this to includes/modules/shipping/freeamount.php

ABOVE this line:

if ( ($this->enabled == true) && ((int)MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEAMOUNT_ZONE > 0) ) {

ADD:

// BOF Country Check allow only this country to receive free shipping : this is hard-coded for United States country id 223
  if ( ($this->enabled == true) && ($order->delivery['country']['id'] != 223) ) {
  $this->enabled = false;
  }
// EOF Country Check change the 223 to whatever your country_id is

Make sure to test it out!