• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I change the image size in my product pages?

Hi there,

My images are tiny in my prduct pages. How can I increase the size?

Thanks,

Angel

www chimerique co uk/catalog

Elelmentary, dear Watson, as Sherlock Holms would say (just kidding - I'm new to osCommerce myslef and thrilled to find something that I know).

The size of small/thumbnail images is regulated in the Configration/Images step of your Admionistration view. It is the first two lines (Small Image Width and Small Image Height) that set the thumbnail size of your product image. I find that it is the best to set only the height value (mine is 100), and to keep my images square (just in case - distortions are always a possibility).

As for the size the visitor gets when she or he clicks on "enlarge image" line under the small (thumbnail) image in the product details page - that entirely depends on and is equal to the size of the image you upload to your osCommerce site. Rule of the thumb: keep the resolution at 72, quality medium, and the size of the "big" image not larger than 450-550 pixels.

Lana

Thank you so much for that! Can't believe its taken me a year to gt round to fixing that one. :)

Elelmentary, dear Watson, as Sherlock Holms would say (just kidding - I'm new to osCommerce myslef and thrilled to find something that I know).

The size of small/thumbnail images is regulated in the Configration/Images step of your Admionistration view. It is the first two lines (Small Image Width and Small Image Height) that set the thumbnail size of your product image. I find that it is the best to set only the height value (mine is 100), and to keep my images square (just in case - distortions are always a possibility).

As for the size the visitor gets when she or he clicks on "enlarge image" line under the small (thumbnail) image in the product details page - that entirely depends on and is equal to the size of the image you upload to your osCommerce site. Rule of the thumb: keep the resolution at 72, quality medium, and the size of the "big" image not larger than 450-550 pixels.

Lana

Archived