• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ebay auction manager for OSCOMMERCE

quicklyshop

Anyone had problems with the Paypal IPN? I've had alot (not all) of my Paypal payments stuck in Paypal Processing. Some of the orders went through, some of them didn't. About 1/3rd of my Payments are doing this, kind of a pain in the butt to have to go through all the Paypal Processing and see what actually went through and what didn't

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

smitty, BTW, thanks for the tip on the secure errors I was getting. I had a link to paypay in my footer, I copied the images to my images dir and fixed the links to the images and now it works great! :)

Has anyone gotten authorize.net to work with the auction checkout? I'm getting killed with CC orders, and spend alot of time processing those payments.

I'm using smitty's update, but the end of auction time doesn't appear correctly on my admin pages. it' about 24 hours out.

I'm UK based, so am GMT. I've put 8 hours difference into the auction info box. Is that right?

Hello,

Steve do you have a time zone chart kicking around? Ebay is based in Pacific time zone, I am on the East Coast of the US so I set it to 3 to add three hours. I'm not sure of the Uk's time difference. You can always play with it until it shows the correct time.

Hope that helps.

:D :D

:blink: hello all

My update is working fine.. now when the auction ends I send an email .. nothing goes out..

I tested it by putting my email in there..and nothing came to my email.

Help..

thank you

naomi

noppie

found a bug actually. most of my auctions are over $999. so when this happens, all auctions in my ebay manager list shows 1.00 if the actual auction price is 1434, or 2.00 if 2354.

another thing is how would i go about putting a login section in the auction_finder.php. the problem is if someone has ordered in the past, they still have to fill out all info in auction_finder.php for it to figure out that the custoemr has been there. then they log in at the new page. i think it would be good if theres a section to log in and under it would say if youve never been here, then create account.

Edited by dimports

dimports,

I agree that it would be nice if there is a return customer that they shouldn't have to enter their stuff again. Since it uses a hidden password system it's kind of a pain to use.

steve,

UK is 8 hours ahead of eBay time. I have friends there, and I am in EST, and I know they are 5 hours agead of me, and eBay is 3 hours behind me. So that puts you at 8 hours ahead.

dimports,

I agree that it would be nice if there is a return customer that they shouldn't have to enter their stuff again. Since it uses a hidden password system it's kind of a pain to use.

steve,

UK is 8 hours ahead of eBay time. I have friends there, and I am in EST, and I know they are 5 hours agead of me, and eBay is 3 hours behind me. So that puts you at 8 hours ahead.

I've tried it already with 8 hours, but even now, when I have almost 3 hours left to go, my auction page says ended.

Also,

Does this auction module automatically send an e-mail when the auction closes? or do I have to go in and do it manually?

Also, (not much more left to go)

How's the new module going smitty?

Hello everyone,

I am so close I can taste it. I am hung up on one issue though. You see I have seperated the auction listings and the current auctions so if you have 100 of the same items to sell you could use the same auction listing. The problem is it is easy to reference (in mysql) the auction listings from current auctions but not so easy to reference the current auctions from auction listings. I guess what I am saying is when you check out how does osc know which current auction info to grab. Maybe if I add a third table to reference the two primary keys. If this makes sense to anyone please let me know your input. This is the only thing left to figure out at this point.

steve - maybe try a negative figure? like -8 or something. All this does is add hours to the current ebay time. It is that simple.

Hope that helps.

Smitty1

I have a problem with the mod you've created.

Once an item is sold it still comes up as 0.00 Once I chnge that to the final sale price as soon as I next update it creates another auction line.

I delete the new one @ 0.00

The customer checks out using the auctionfinder, the item changes to checked out, but as soon as i touch the Auction update button it creates this phantom line again saying ended and final price is 0.00

Any ideas?

Have i missed something with your contribution?

Thanks

Steve...

Hello Steve,

Yes you are right. There is a bug in the code. I realized this last week. It looks like there is a \n before the auction number and when you edit it in osc it removes the \n, therefore when you update, it adds the auction again. I meant to post an update for this. To fix:

Copy this code:

// Get rid of some rubbish from itemnum we don't need.
$itemnum = str_replace("\n", "", $itemnum);

Add to get_auction_info.php in the admin/includes/functions folder so it looks like this:

// We want to get rid of the (*) from the High Bidder
$highbidder = str_replace("(*)" , "" , $highbidder);

//We need to break apart start and convert the months to numbers
$seperate_start = split('[- ]', $start);

Hope that helps.

:D

On another note I figured out my problem for the auction checkout. So I guess I am done!! I just need to write install instructions and a small user manual.

I am so close I can taste it.

Are you ready? Who wants to be the Guinea pig?

Hello Steve,

Yes you are right. There is a bug in the code. I realized this last week. It looks like there is a \n before the auction number and when you edit it in osc it removes the \n, therefore when you update, it adds the auction again. I meant to post an update for this. To fix:

Copy this code:

Add to get_auction_info.php in the admin/includes/functions folder so it looks like this:

// We want to get rid of the (*) from the High Bidder
$highbidder = str_replace("(*)" , "" , $highbidder);

//We need to break apart start and convert the months to numbers
$seperate_start = split('[- ]', $start);

Hope that helps.

:D

Thanks for that. It works a treat!

Hey Smitty

Getting ready to take a site live once u get the mod done so i would be glad to do an install and open with it,, where i will be low volume and wouldnt cause to much problem if a problem arrises

Regards

Tom

When doing an auction update, it gives me an error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /home/dimports/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /home/dimports/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 13

Does anyone know the problem off the top of their head??

the application_top.php or database.php is either called twice or called right after each other. at least that is the main thing i have seen when i have gotten that error before. may not be the case here but something to look at.

i looked in auction_update.php and application_top.php wasn't called twice, just once. i tried removing it in case something else was calling it, but that caused more problems. i didnt see database.php called at all in auction_update.php.

im kinda new and confused about this, do you have any suggestions on what i should do?

Edited by dimports

Hello,

Because this topic is so long and talks about several different contribs I have decieded to open a new topic, so please post all questions, concerns, and feedback there. Be sure to add it to your topics in your control panel.

You can find the new Automated Auction Process topic here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=71130

Have a great holiday.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Did steve ever get his time zone thing figured out? Not sure if he hosts himself, or if he has a hosting co. My site is hosted, and it's hosting in another time zone than myself. I have a buddy who lives in CA and his site is hosted in Germany, but the company is based in Washington. Go figure. So if it's hosted, that may be another reason. You'll just have to play with the settings.

Smitty

I am on my way out but got this error when I tried to update on

new auction manager

Configuration

Catalog

Auctions

Auction Info

Auction Listings

Current Auctions

Modules

Customers

Locations / Taxes

Vouchers/Coupons

Localization

Reports

Affiliates

Tools

Warning: curl_setopt(): Unable to access /tmp/ebay_cookie in /home/virtual/site37/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/get_auction_info.php on line 65

Warning: curl_setopt(): Unable to access /tmp/ebay_cookie in /home/virtual/site37/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/get_auction_info.php on line 66

Warning: curl_setopt(): Unable to access /tmp/ebay_cookie in /home/virtual/site37/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/get_auction_info.php on line 76

Warning: curl_setopt(): Unable to access /tmp/ebay_cookie in /home/virtual/site37/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/get_auction_info.php on line 77

Warning: curl_setopt(): Unable to access /tmp/ebay_cookie in /home/virtual/site37/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/get_auction_info.php on line 89

Warning: curl_setopt(): Unable to access /tmp/ebay_cookie in /home/virtual/site37/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/get_auction_info.php on line 90

Updating.....

Please Be Patient

Naomi

Im looking for a contrib to use OSC as a checkout/payment center for my auctions.

I sell alot of clothes & allowing bidders a choice of colors & sizes would help alot, especially since ebay has cracked down on what they call "choice auctions" this makes us have to list every color & size as a separate auction. The OSC option attributes would make choosing a snap & run off of accurate inventory, that way i wont have to subtract stock from my store everytime I sell one on auction.

Bidders could use paypal, check/mo & CC modules to pay with accurate shipping & also have a chance to get your OSC store more exposure.

Ive purchased from many ebay sellers who already have this implemented in thier cart software, so I know its doable & these sellers are smaller businesses & likely dont have [paid] access to the ebay API.

Just thinking out loud ;)