The e-commerce.

Ebay auction manager for OSCOMMERCE

quicklyshop

Update on the progress:

Automated Auction Process v1.0

Here is a list of features and their progress:

Done

Catalog side

Seperate catalog for auction listings -customer can look at their auction item from the webstore

The ability for the auctions to be put directly into your normal shopping cart for checkout, and in the customer history.

Current Auctions -view your current auctions from your website

Admin side

Auction Listings -a page you can add, edit, and delete all of your auction listings. You can add up to 6 images in your auctions, and adjust their size. There is also a code generater which produces some short code to copy and paste into your ebay item description field.

Auto Update -this has the ability to update your auctions at the press of a button.

An invoice button that generates a special auction invoice after the auction is over.

To Do

Build a current auctions admin page

Set up the login Page for the catalog to login after the auction is over

integrate jobscheduler for automatic updates

A few minor things

What does everyone think? Are you as Exited as I am?

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does everyone think? Are you as Exited as I am?

As I have said B4,,, YOU DAH MAN!!!

Joe,

Cant wait,, this will finish off my web site and allow me to open and attempted to make some return on all the efffffert put into creating my page,,,

many hours,,, of mine,,, plus others who know what there doing such as you.

Cant wait

Thanks for all the hard work you and auctionblox have put into this two mods

Regards

Tom

Boy Smitty1

as soon I can figure what is up with my store and get everything work.. I will be happy..

and I am so excited.. more than you could ever know..

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

noppie

I'm getting emails from customers stating that they are getting cookie errors and it won't let them log in. Security Level is at medium. What do I need to have them check/change?

Anyone checking this thread anymore? Has anyone had problems reported from customers with their cookies not allowing them in? I've walked people through ensuring they are turned on, but they still receive cookie errors.

Haven't had anyone try to go thorugh the normal checkout afterwards. They are usually too ticked off and don't want to do anything at that point. What I see is that they entered their name/address/etc, and then it stopped. No order, no nothing... Their auction order was not marked as Checked Out either.

Sean

I do know that happens as well if you have forced cookies turned on and you use a shared ssl cert.

But that is a OSC thing up to this point.

They say they may resolve that in future issues

Regards

Tom

I turned off the Force Cookie use and hopefully that will correct it.

Anyone know what changes need to be made to make the checkout secure (for auction and website checkout preferably). My ISP was SUPPOSED to set it up, I have my own SSL cert. They set up the cert, but didn't set up OSC like they were supposed to.

Sean

If u have u'r own cert,,, and its on u'r server,, then u'r ssl and u'r non secure should be on the same domain.. which means u should be able to use forced cookies,,

the forced cookies just dont work on a shared ssl due to the fact that the cert is on a different domain section. and is addessed by a different url ,,

so if you have u'r own ssl cert,, and u address it by the means of https://yourdomain.com

then it should have worked ok

unless they configured something wrong by chance

anyone else have a different thought there?

Tom

Well, my hosting company isn't all that reliable. They've screwed up about 50 things. At this point they are giving me free hosting for an amount of time that is yet to be determined because they know they screwed up so much.

Anyway, if removing the forced cookies fixes my issue, then I won't worry about why it works, just as long as it does.

I went into the /catalog/includes/configure.php, and it has the following:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.world-widedvds.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('HTTPS_SERVER', ''); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.world-widedvds.com');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/osc/catalog/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '');

I'm thinking that is not correct. Probably sould be something in the HTTPS_SERVER. I tried to change the false to true, and I get permission errors. So they may have locked the file.

Things are coming good. I have been quite busy with other things though. We just had a huge blizzard in my part of the country. Lots of shoveling. Anyways the contrib is almost done, I really just need to write install instructions and a little manual. So, probibly in the next few days I will release it.

:D :D

Okay, I think I got the SSL figured out. Has to change a few more paths. Now I get the pop up, "This page contains both secure and non-secure items. Do you want to display the non-secure items?"

I hit no, and everything is displayed. Is there a way to make it so this does not appear? (This is the website checkout, not the auction checkout).

Just tested with the auction checkout, and it does the same thing, but if I hit No, then the Paypal stuff doesn't show up at the bottom. Suggestions?

Could it be the way you have you images linked? Seems like it is coming from your footer. Do you have it something like /osc/catalog/images/creditcard.jpg if so this may be the problem.

It should be something like:

<?php echo DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'creditcard.jpg'; ?>

Hope that helps.

:D

:P

My hosting company fixed the curl problem.. they reload the curl or php.. it work

smitty1 it works.. they where trying to tell me it was a permission problem.. but I have been using mandrake linux for a couple of years and useing linux as all your linux users know you have to know all about chmod.

so they dig deeper and found the problem and fixed it.

naomi :D

You are right Smitty1 they are learning a lot with me..

since i use linux they had their ftp program fixed for only Window clients I couldn't use my Gftp. and they tired to make it out to be me.. but I stood tough.. and they made it right..

so the moral of the story is.. don't let them fool you when you know better..:lol:

looking forward to your update.

Naomi

I will notice that every now and then on one of my receipts as well. It's not everyone, and they are few and far between. Each time I check the filenames.php and it is there. Don't know. Could be a random feature.