• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ebay auction manager for OSCOMMERCE

quicklyshop

hello all

I have been trying to get this to work since last night, and Ican't figure it out

I hope you can help

I get this error

1062 - Duplicate entry '1' for key 1

insert into address_book (customers_id, address_book_id, entry_firstname, entry_lastname, entry_street_address, entry_postcode, entry_city, entry_country_id, entry_gender, entry_company, entry_suburb, entry_zone_id, entry_state)

I am trying out the

auction_finder.php put in a auction that already paid by paypal.

the I fill out the customers information

and then press the enter key and I get the error code above.. I am surer it is someting small I am just not seeing.

I have been searching these forums at no avail..

Please help me.. I am begging you.,,

Noppie

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

noppie, well, there are two causes for this. First, you downloaded the older release. There was a fix uploaded later. I removed the old installation and put in the newer one and it fixed that for me. Secondly, I do still get that error occassionaly. I get that error when I enter the exact same info for people. That tells me that it's already in the system.

Noppie - I tried posting earlier, but this board is so temperamental. Are you using MS1? If so, please move to MS2 and get the latest version (prior to Smitty1's posts.) That issue was resolved in that release.

Sean - The shipping method is stored in the orders_total table. Look in the title column. That table is used to generate the receipt and invoice.

So what do you think worldwidedvds do the newbies need a recap? Ok here is the lowdown:

I am building an open source(free) solution for a ebay auction manager. Here is how it will work:

1. First install contrib.

2. There will be a seperate catalog within the OSC webstore that will be for auction items only. From the admin you will set up your auction. This will be pretty much the same as setting up a product in the regular catalog.

3. Post your auction with ebay. Using some simple javascipt in the description it will show the auction item page from your website.

4. With the auto update your OSC webstore will be able to keep track of the current price winning bidder (and email) etc.

5. At the auction closing the OSC webstore will automatically send out a email to the winner with a link at your OSC webstore to check out. (this part still in the works)

6. When the winning bidder comes to check out they will enter their email (like now) and their item will be inserted into the cart.

7. At this point they will have an option

a. continue check out

b. browse regular OSC webstore to see if they want to buy anything else (hopefully)

8. Then they can check out as normal.

What do you think?

:D :D

Thank you so much.. I was making a template with all the add-on becuase I have more than one store.. and I bought this web space and it woulddn't let me use Gftp fo up load.. (I think they fixed it.)

so i got the two contributions mixed up.. I so thank you all for all your hard work..

I knew it was something easy.

:D

Thanks everyine for helping me out with this! I am still getting an error in the admin panel on the auction selections.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: display_count_ex() in /home/enchant/public_html/catalog/admin/auction_listing.php on line 167

and

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: display_count_ex() in /home/enchant/public_html/catalog/admin/auction_product_mapping.php on line 132

From reading previous posts, I see the it may be related to the split_page_auctions.php file. On another thread Auctionblox suggested that there was a newer file in the MS2 update but my download has the same version as the first and the MS1. I also tried reloading as dimimports did but there was no change.

Can anyone help? Thanks :D

reelwild - you definitely do not have to correct version of "admin/includes/classes/split_page_results.php" file. This is *probably* due to the fact that this file exists with the default OSC system and when you did a copy from the auction contribution, you did not overwrite the existing file. You need to do that.

auctionblox, thanks don't know why I didn't check there. Doesn't look like it'll work for what I was thinking about. I was hoping to find a seperate shipping_method field. The title field has several things for one order, so it would be a serious pain to try to determine the ship method from that. I might look into the shipping modules themselves and see if I can get the module to insert a flag into the orders table or something. In the auction contrib, where is it actually inserting the order into the tables? Since I'm really only concerned with the auction orders, I could just flag those when they are entered into the table.

Just uploaded eBay Auction Sales Manager for MS2 Beta3.

In this version:

1. Allows for optional insurance, insurance per item, and shipping per item.

2. Fixed issue with checked out vs. completed auctions not displaying correctly.

3. Finalized upload pages.

4. Added FAQ.txt file

Enjoy!

Sean - You asked about a convenient way to remove completed auctions. I feel that in general you would not remove them. They are like orders. I found that the db script that I uploaded with Beta2 was missing the "Completed" status, so maybe that is causing your issue? That is now resolved in "eBay Auction Sales Manager for MS2 Beta3". I have hundreds of completed items in my DB, but they don't bother me since I never see them. I focus only on the Ended and Checked Out states.

Does this address your issue?

thanx for the update auctionblox. there was a disccrepancy about the instructions tho.. you say in

/catalog/includes/application_top.php:

(at about line 260):

// Create the cart & Fix the cart if necesary
 if (tep_session_is_registered('cart') && is_object($cart)) {
   if (PHP_VERSION < 4) {
     $broken_cart = $cart;
     $cart = new shoppingCart;
     $cart->unserialize($broken_cart);
   }
 } else {
   tep_session_register('cart');
   $cart = new shoppingCart;
 }

ADD:

//+++AUCTIONBLOX.COM
 if (tep_session_is_registered('auctionCart') && is_object($auctionCart)) {
   if (PHP_VERSION < 4) {
     $broken_cart = $cart;
     $auctionCart = new auctionCart;
     $auctionCart->unserialize($broken_cart);
   }
 } else {
   tep_session_register('auctionCart');
   $auctionCart = new auctionCart;
 }
 //+++AUCTIONBLOX.COM  

but i dont see that anywhere in the file. is this just my copy? is it neccessary?

well i tried installing everything with the application_top.php with and without the line of code nonexistent in the original file. either way i get an an error:

Warning: main(includes/classes/logger.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/designi/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 74

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/classes/logger.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/designi/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 74

Thank for all your help.. I got the checkout to work even got my first customer to ues it..

and it work YEA

OK problem.. I have up loaded and reuploaded to my head spins..

My auctions won't update..

yes I added the update mod and the latest one..

I have my ebay Id

and my password and

email

and map to set..

But the last time It updated was yesterday..

I hit the update and nothing happens..

'

I go to jobschedular and nothing happens''

does any of your geniouses have any idea where I start looking..

I am so excited.. but frustraed at the same time

I do appereiate all the hard work you all have done..

I hope this my web sites and ebay take off..

thank you

any more info please just ask. you have been do helpfull please don't quit on me.

Noppie

:lol:

Your right. I tested it and It sticks at the entered info confirmed screen. Mine does'nt do that. Hmm, I bet there is something wrong with the form. Maybe it is missing a required variable?

Hope this helps.

I'm having a problem with this contribution.

I've installed PWA http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,355

I've now installed the Auction Checkout http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1577

I've created a test auction.

Try to check out using the test auction and I can't get past the screen where you enter all the address details

Can someone please test it out.

The test account is [email protected]

http://jigsaw-computers.com/store/auction_finder.php

This is now the third time i've tried this set up, so i'm sure i'm not keying something wrong.

Has anybody got any ideas? I have also installed the newest update (Beta 3) and still get the same error.

Does it matter that i'm based in the UK? I know when I create an account normally I have to enter a post code & a country. Does this matter? could this be a possible solution?

Please help!

auctionblox, I don't suppose there are specific "upgrade from beta2" instructions are there? I noticed a seperate db file, but it would be nice if I knew if there were additional files that need uploaded, and have an idea of what code changes need to be made instead of going through the whole thing. My .02

Read the FAQ, noticed it's November 2003. Care to email me an update? :)

I withdraw my previous comment, I see in the instructions there are notes for upgrading from both beta1 and beta2. I modified a few files, but no biggie, just removed the tax field being displayed in the damin since I have it calculated in the store so it's not a problem. I'll put it back and test some more, just in case.

When I look in my Checked Out Auctions I see lots of files with a Status of Completed. I just never viewed by them. I only viewed by Ended or All. All allowed me to search through to see if someone had completed checkout of not (might want to consider a search function to make it easier to find a auction entry to edit or verify info). Ended gave me a list of the people who haven't checked out. Putting in the upgrade now. Glad to see insurance add in!!!! :) Can't wait to try it out!

auctionblox, looks good! :)

Couple things. Now instead of having 14 pages of Completed items, I have 14 pages of Checked Out Items. At what point does Checked Out become Completed? Right now I'm too darn lazy to change the status manually on all of them. I assume that once the order is Shipped that it is completed. Will that be automated? Can it be? Once the item is shipped, since all the information is already entered in the store, is it still needed in the auction table?

In my orders table I added a field shipping_insurance, it's just a 0=false, 1=true. I want to run reports and things on insured items, shipping methods etc. So at what point and in what file is the auction info entered into the order table? I could simply add my flag for 'auction_item' and 'shipping_insurance'

Thanks!!

this is a really great contribution. thx for taking the time to help us all!

i have a question on the use of it. i have a completed item but whenever i try to send an admin invoice, it takes me to the auction_order_review.php, which is a blank page with my own template on the top. then i tried to go to auction_finder.php but that was blank as well. is there something i must set first for the invoicing and checking out to work? thx again.

PS - oh another thing is that the invoice button on the active auctions list takes me to a 404 page not found. its trying to take me to FILENAME_AUCTION_INVOICE but this is not defined in any tables.im not sure if this button is even supposed to do anything because invoicing should be done only from ended auctions right?

Edited by blove57

Check your installation, specifically /catalog/includes/filenames.php Sounds like something wasn't copied over or, wasn't copied completely.

The button will make much better sense when the automation is set up with it. Then the admin side will already be taken care of, they can just click on the button and checkout immediatly.

Edited by worldwidedvds

Sean - Checked out becomes completed when you change the status to shipped in the order screens. (Or, you can do it manually, but why...) The reason yours are completed, but in checked out is because of the database error that I referred to in the notes. I will post an sql statement for you to run which will move them all to completed.

blove57 - you are correct, the invoice button is non-functional. i should have removed it, but forgot to. to manually invoice, you invoice via the auction_listing_item screens. someone else reported the issue with the blank auction_finder.php screen, but I don't have enough information to determine what that problem might be.

Once an item is shipped, there is no reason to keep the auction records. They are only used during the checkout process. An order is created after you select your payment method. It simply creates a normal order, but changes the price and shipping. It does not put any special information in the order to *identify* it as an auction. But, you could easily do it with you altered table. I do the actual change from ended to checked out in the auction_order_process.php file. Look for $auctionCart->completeOrder() (or something like that).

I understand how busy you all are but my auction update doesn't work and I don't; know what to do.. or where to look..

I hit the update and nothing happens..

Please I am begging for some direction.. Help

Hello noppie,

The auto update is my department. so when you hit the update button does it take you to a new page that says updating.... please be patient it stays there for about 5 seconds and then goes to the auction_listing.php page. Do you have the cURL module for PHP installed? You can check this with a "php info" or from the admin goto tools and server info and

Look for this:

curl

CURL support enabled

CURL Information libcurl 7.9.8 (OpenSSL 0.9.7a) (ipv6 enabled)

Hope this helps.

Hello noppie,

The auto update is my department. so when you hit the update button does it take you to a new page that says updating... please be patient it stays there for about 5 seconds and then goes to the auction_listing.php page..

No it doesn't it just hangs there..

I got auctions loaded yesterday but it just won't upload

Do you have the cURL module for PHP installed? You can check this with a "php info" or from the admin goto tools and server info and

Look for this:

curl

CURL support enabled

CURL Information libcurl 7.9.8 (OpenSSL 0.9.7a) (ipv6 enabled)

Hope this helps.

This is the curl my web host has.

CURL support enabled

CURL Information libcurl 7.9.2

and I just update to the last auction manager hoping that would help..

I am excited because I got my first customer to purchase through my site.. so that part works..

and thank you for your help smitty

Noppie