• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ebay auction manager for OSCOMMERCE

quicklyshop

Thanks, I'll install that tonight and see if it fixes my problem...

So far you've been right on my probs, so I'll take out the Paypal thing in my listings tonight.

Just need the automation piece so I can sit back and be lazy ;)

Hey smitty, how's your curl mod work on mutliple item listings, and/or Buy It Now?

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello Guys and Gals

I am so excited about the auction manager scripit.. :D

I installed the job scheduler and when I run the test I get this error

fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_db_query() in /home/virtual/site82/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/get_auction_info.php on line 44

I checked the code and this is the line

db_query("SELECT auction_config_value FROM auction_info WHERE auction_config_id = 1");

Now I know I have the right ebay Id because I only have one.

I just typed in

http://elle.rainbowstop.com/catalog/admin/...uction_info.php

I get it

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_db_query() in /home/virtual/site82/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/get_auction_info.php on line 44

Thank you for your help..

Naomi

What version of OSC? Is this the plugin from smitty? Or auctionblox's original contrib? If it's smitty's, I can't help you, I haven't installed it...

auctioblox, got IPN installed, works like a charm... Manual entry is still WAY faster than how I was doing it before. Now if I could just have some way for them to chose if they want insurance in the checkout ;-) (nudge nudge)

Auctionblox

i ran a test auction today,, with the default authorize.net modual turned on,, with default test info in it,, when doing an auction checkout,, i go through putting in everything goes normal,, at payment point,, i put in the test card info,, of 411111,,,,,,, and click continue,, and it then goes over to show the catalog page saying nothing in shopping cart,,,

any ideals?

Regards

Tom

auctionblox, is there a way to handle multiple items in the manual version? I'm selling two James Bond Sets, and alot of people are buying them both. I've been sending out two emails to them to checkout with, and changing the shipping amount on one for the discounted shipping. But if they do that and pay with Paypal, then they end up sending me two payments instead of one, and that's another $.30 charge. For one or two people that's not a big deal, but when you're talking 100 people, then it starts to add up.

Secondly, it would be nice if the authorize.net stuff would work. I have merchant accounts, and the rates are far better than Paypal, I would prefer to have them available as options.

I am getting an error when trying to use the auction check out process. I try a test purchase before going live on ebay

I log in using the test e-mail address, select the auctions, enter all my details (name address etc) click continue, then the confirmation page appears, but will not go any further.

Anyone any ideas?

the snag i see with it,, is if i use a creditcard gateway in the store for payment option,, then,,, it also shows up in the auction checkout,, so,, that would mean,, that u cant offer credit card checkout in the store either,,, only paypall,

am i understanding this correctly?

regards

Tom

Sorry Steve, haven't heard of that behavior before...

Qwiz, you are correct. Anything you enable for the store shows up in the auction checkout. I'm sure you can make a little mod to change that. Basically make the auction checkout think the credit card thing is false.

noppie you are right. Just found a bug. Thanks. The solution is to have job scheduler run auction_update.php instead of get_auction info.php. You see get_auction info requires

require('includes/application_top.php');

to run so this makes it more of a function. application_top.php holds a master list of all the global functions, variable, filenames, table names......etc. Like

tep_db_query()

.The reason we do not want to just simply add

require('includes/application_top.php');

is because it can not be run twice on a set of instructions. Therefore it can be run from other pages making it a function script. For example you could add this line to any page in the admin directory which would

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'get_auction_info.php');

run get_auction_info.php every time the page is opened, ultimately updating the database. I will upate this error.

Hope this helps. ;)

Solved the problem with people getting server errors. Here is the email people are getting:

You can now complete your checkout at http://www.world-widedvds.com/osc/catalog/auction_finder.php.  We accept PayPal, money orders and cashier's check.  Check out now and you'll soon be enjoying your item!

People are copying the URL from the email and including the . at the end of the sentence. I have taken the . off the end of the message. May not be grammatically correct, but who cares.

You CAN have a multiple item checkout. Simply use the same email address and both items show up at checkout time. Unfortunately, the invoice that is sent only mentions the one item. Sending one invoice or two doesn't matter. If they checkout through osc, then either invoice will retrieve both items. Of course, if they pay directly thru paypal, then I have no control over that.

Regarding credit cards and authorize.net: It would be simpler to include support for them than to have different payment methods for auction vs. store. You simply need to determine what page is called AFTER the payment is made and returned back to the store. Then, look at what I did for PayPal IPN. Essentially, you need to put a check at the top to see if this an auction checkout. If so, then redirect to the auction checkout confirmation page.

auctionblox, do you have an optional insurance in your automated version? Or is it set up the same? If not, then I am about to delve in and figure out how to do it myself, because it's causing a problem here, and it's a real pain in the butt. If I include it all the time, people accuse me of charging hidden fees, if I don't include it, then people stay Im' trying to cheat them by only covering the item if it's insured, but not offering insurance. So then I have to go back in and manually edit each order to add insurance.

The next step is to modify a script to send out a email at the end of the auction. Auctionblox, when the auction changes from active to ended could we do it then? How exactly does that work? Is there a timer running in the background to change it from active to ended? Or does it update when you open auction_listing.php?

I am getting very exited about this... ;)

If the end time is entered into the auction, couldn't you set up our scripter to automatically fire at the end time? Then you just set up a generic email script:

$mailto=$orders_product->email;
$subject="Your Item Has Shipped";
$mymail="From: \"World-Wide DVDs\" <[email protected]>";
$body="Dear " . $order_product->first_name . " " . $order_product->last_name . ",\n\n";
$body .="Your item has shipped from our location on " . $curdate=date("M-d-Y");
$body .="\n\n\n";
$body .="Sean Hull\n";
$body .="World-Wide DVDs\n";
$body .="Entertainment For The World\n";

$body .="http://www.world-widedvds.com";

mail($mailto, $subject, $body, $mymail);

Just put whatever you want for the message. That's my generic shipping email.

Okay, I am trying to add Insurance to my listings. I've gotten it to display a set Insurance amount, but I want to have it pull from the auction setup.

I also have a checkbox to select the Optional Insurance. I have the MouseOvers working so they highlight, and you can click on the Insurance row. I just don't know how to get it to Check and Uncheck the Insurance when the row is clicked.

/catalog/auction_checkout_shipping.php

Seached for:

<?php
           if ( ($n > 1) || ($n2 > 1) ) {
?>
                   <td class="main"><?php echo $currencies->format(tep_add_tax($quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['cost'], (isset($quotes[$i]['tax']) ? $quotes[$i]['tax'] : 0))); ?></td>
                   <td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_radio_field('shipping', $quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id'], $checked); ?></td>
<?php
           } else {
?>
                   <td class="main" align="right" colspan="2"><?php echo $currencies->format(tep_add_tax($quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['cost'], $quotes[$i]['tax'])) . tep_draw_hidden_field('shipping', $quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id']); ?></td>
<?php
           }
?>
                   <td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
                 </tr>

Immediatly after, added the following:

<!-- INSURANCE -->
<?
   if ( ($checked == true) || ($n == 1 && $n2 == 1) ) {
             echo '                  <tr id="defaultSelected" class="moduleRowSelected" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="selectRowEffect(this, ' . $radio_buttons . ')">' . "\n";
           } else {
            echo '                  <tr class="moduleRow" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="selectRowEffect(this, ' . $radio_buttons . ')">' . "\n";
           }
?>
  	 <td width="10"><input type="checkbox" name="insurance" value="ON" checked></td> <!-- If Checked then adds price to the shipping amount to be passed to payment module -->
                   <td class="main" width="75%">Insurance</td>
  	 <td class="main" align="right" colspan="2">$1.30</td> <!-- Needs to be pulled from the auction setup -->
  	 <td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
   </tr>
<!-- INSURANCE END -->

Few other issues...

On the shipping screen it says. Best Way, "Shipping, Handling and Insurance" and then the price. I can't find the text "Shipping, Handling and Insurance" to remove the "Insurance" from that line.

I found the following lines in: /catalog/auction_checkout_process

// load selected payment module
 require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'payment.php');
 $payment_modules = new payment($payment);

// load the selected shipping module
 require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'auction_shipping.php');
 $shipping_modules = new auctionShipping($g_auction_email_address, $g_auction_house, $shipping);  

I cannot figure out where these variables are set before they are sent to the modules. They shipping module will need $insurance that is pulled from the auction_basket table, and the $shipping would need to NOT include the insurance at that point. Then they $payment would need to be changed in the shipping module. So I have no idea how to pass and/or change the $payment variable.

Lastly, I added a field 'shipping_insurance' to the orders table:

ALTER TABLE `orders` ADD `shipping_insurance` VARCHAR( 5 ) DEFAULT 'FALSE' NOT NULL AFTER `orders_status` ;

Is there a way to get the order number after the order is processed? I would want to add the following lines, but I don't know where to get the order number, or where to put this bit of code.

if ($insurance > 0)
{
$query_raw = "UPDATE orders SET shipping_insurace = 'TRUE' WHERE orders_id = '" . $_NO_IDEA . "'";
mysql_query($query_raw);
}

I created a mod that I can view all items ordered easily and see what I need to order. If I click on the item it gives me a list of everyone with the item in their orders. I can then check their names, and it will mark them as shipped, send them an email, and it generates a .csv file with all their info that I can load into my shipping program to spit out labels. This way I can also quickly see who has insurance, and have it add that to the .csv file so I can get that added.

If anyone has any ideas, comments, suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. My customers are getting kinda nasty about the insurance and I want to get it implemented pretty quick.

Does anyone know if ebay allows frames in the listing desription? Since I am setting up my store just as a Auction manager I have modified the product_info.php page to look just like an auction listing. You can check it out here:

http://smittys.pointclark.net/auctions/pro...p?products_id=2

I am setting up a table with a frame in it and then will submit it in listing desription.

Think it will work. This also creates a great template for my auction listings.

I will let you know what happens.

B)

Regarding credit cards and authorize.net: It would be simpler to include support for them than to have different payment methods for auction vs. store. You simply need to determine what page is called AFTER the payment is made and returned back to the store. Then, look at what I did for PayPal IPN. Essentially, you need to put a check at the top to see if this an auction checkout. If so, then redirect to the auction checkout confirmation page.

Hey Auctionblox

Thanks for the advise..

I took a couple of days and looked at both options and realized I am over my head on both issues.

I am going to just delay opening my site till i decide what to do. As it stands, I will have to choose,,, accept credit cards with merchant account / Authorize.net, or use the auction checkout features.

Not sure which will be the best route,,, to accept credit cards / authorize.net for any store purcheses and maybe gain a few sales that i wouldnt get if i didnt accept them that way,, or,, have any auctions checked out on the page / vr's manual paperwork conversion with the rest of the store..

Oh well,, at any rate,, thanks to you,, and smitty both,, for all the hard work on these mods.

Regards

Tom

smitty, I am not sure. I was thinking about doing something similar myself. Would make my eBay templates much easier.

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to tell my auction orders apart from my regular orders. Auctions I ship one way, and regular orders I ship another. So I can't really lump them together. Need to find a way to mark them. Well, if I can get an answer on marking as Insured, I could do the same thing to mark as auction item.

QWiz, only real benefit to using credit cards is if you get a better rate with your merchant accounts. My rates are like 2.8% + .20 with my merchant account. Paypal is not a whole lot more. Yet, I spent like $250 setting up the accounts. It would take alot of business through the merchant account to make it worth it. Plus, most people who are on eBay prefer to pay via Paypal. Buyers best friend, and seller's worst enemy. I can't even count the number of times I've been screwed on Paypal.

Edited by worldwidedvds

Sean

That is my problem with using paypall, and it dont look as pro as a merchant account.

Thanks for the input,, its more info b4 the final choice is made.

Thanks to all u guyz for the help you have offered.

Regards

Tom

I installed this contrib. yesterday, I am using MS1.

I get the following errors:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_catalog_href_link() in /home/coinwebs/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/auction_listing_item.php on line 36

Also in the Admin over top of the "New Product" button it says "[ERROR: Not set]"

And finally also in the Admin, on the left column it says

"BOX_AUCTION_PRODUCT_MAPPING"

Any help would be appreciated, it looks like a great contribution.