• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ebay auction manager for OSCOMMERCE

quicklyshop

Sean must have read my mind. I was about to ask the same thing. I already have this contribution installed -- and what a mondo contribution it is!

I was a little confused about making the changes to the auction_header.php to comment out the line. The code is scrunched together and if you don't know what you are doing, you could comment out more or less than what is needed.

<snip>

catalog/includes/auction_header.php

=============================

Make any logo changes to this file that you made to your header.php. Alternatively, you may use YOUR header.php file as template, but be sure to copy it to auction_header.php and make the following changes:

1. search for "FILENAME_DEFAULT". This should be at about line 58. Comment out the whole line by placing

"<!--" at the beginning of the line and "-->" and the end of the line. This will remove the links for

shopping cart and my account. We're keeping the breadcrumbs so that the consumer can go back.

2. search for "FILENAME_LOGOFF". This should be at about line 64. Comment out the whole line by placing

"<!--" at the beginning of the line and "-->" and the end of the line. This removes the images for shopping

cart and my account. We don't want the consumer jumping out of auction mode.

</snip>

-----------------------------------------

In MS2, the code to be changed looks like this (in my Ultra Edit editor anyways)

at line 56:

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr class="header">

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?></td>

<!-- <td align="right" valign="bottom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_account.gif', HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_cart.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_checkout.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?>  </td> -->

</tr>

</table>

-------------------------------------

so it was a little scrumpy, but I knew where to put the comments. Someone else may not. Can you change the directions to read "change this (entire code) to this (entire modified code)"?

Can't wait to see it run! I have more than a few Ebay PS drooling ....

Thanks!

Deborah

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to install the contribution for the automation piece as well. You use the same admin screens to view the checked out and ended auctions (regardless of manual or automated). If someone has checked out, and you see that they've paid (using PayPal IPN or other means), then you click on the Order button and complete the fulfillment process. Fulfillment (printing receipts and shipping labels and packaging) is still manual, of course. But, one day I'll have everything automated except putting the item in the box! :)

Oh. And, if someone else wouldn't mind updating the installation instructions where necessary, I would appreciate it. I have enough on my plate as you can imagine.

Regarding the automation piece, I anticipate full support for regular auctions within a couple weeks. (Sorry Sean, Buy It Now is coming but other things to work out first.)

I may not have my auctionblox.com site completed by then, but we'll get people up and running with the automation and fill in the gaps on the site. I know there will need to be some acct mgmt to allow people to re-process an auction and such, but that will have to wait....

Thanks for all the hard work,, and it sounds wonderful!

I installed the ms2 version,, and i get the following error when trying to load the page,,

Warning: main(includes/classes/logger.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/pencilb/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 84

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/classes/logger.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/pencilb/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 84

anyone have a clue for me

Thanks in advance

Tom

Completely confused here now

Uploaded my appliction_top.php file again,, now i get a different error,,

as follows

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: auctioncart in /home/pencilb/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 272

help

Tom

OK,, got it running, but finding a few problems ,,

1. when in the admin side, if u put in an auction, and try to set the status to active, it keeps going to ended.

2. when in customer checkout side, once the customer info was put in,, and continure was clicked, there was a popup window error msg

A Runtime error has occurred.

Do you wish to Debug?

line:27

Error:'form.elements' is null or not an object

3. and then it goes to the login section and the customer logs in and its not in the cart?

maybe i dont understand, maybe some bugs?

any ideals

Tom

Wow,

auctionblox you are the man! I just installed your contrib and it works great! I am going to get started right away on combining this with my current auctions contrib. This way you won't even have to manually enter the auctions. I have a couple of questions....which table is the main table the auction info is stored?.....it seems apon testing that you can only map an item from the catalog, does this need to be done?......also when the customer pays for the auction it moves the record from checked out auctions to customers orders, should the record move from checked out auctions to completed auctions for a permanite record of the auction?

And last but not least, when I check out everything work greats until I get to auction_order_info_process.php. I put in all the info and hit submit and get this error:

1062 - Duplicate entry '1' for key 1

insert into address_book (customers_id, address_book_id, entry_firstname, entry_lastname, entry_street_address, entry_postcode, entry_city, entry_country_id, entry_gender, entry_company, entry_suburb, entry_zone_id, entry_state) values('4', '1', 'Joseph', 'Smith', '**********', '*****', '*******', '223', 'm', 'Smitty\'s Stuff', '', '40', '')

[TEP STOP]

Any Ideas? :huh:

auctionblox keep up the kick ass work!

Could it have something to do with $address_book_id ?

/ tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " set customers_default_address_id = " .

// $address_book_id . " where customers_id = " . $customer_id);

//+++AUCTIONBLOX.COM - required for order_process.php

$isAuction = 'true';

tep_session_register('isAuction');

$customer_first_name = $firstname;

$customer_default_address_id = $address_book_id;

I have seen that error once or twice, but refreshing the page made it go away. I have never seen it in my production environment, so I did not worry about it. Perhaps there is a lingering issue that needs to be looked into...

The table that all of the main data is inserted into is auction_basket. I have a class called auctionHelper that will allow you to easily insert and update records without using direct table names. check that out and good luck

OK,, got it running, but finding a few problems ,,

1. when in the admin side, if u put in an auction, and try to set the status to active, it keeps going to ended.

2. when in customer checkout side, once the customer info was put in,, and continure was clicked, there was a popup window error msg

A Runtime error has occurred.

Do you wish to Debug?

line:27

Error:'form.elements' is null or not an object

3. and then it goes to the login section and the customer logs in and its not in the cart?

maybe i dont understand, maybe some bugs?

any ideals

Tom

auctionblox

great mod,, just somethings not going right for me,, or i miss understand one,

Think u can clear things up for me,,

Tom

I think it may auto-change the state to ended if the end time is less than the current time. the customer can't checkout unless the auction is marked ended. also, regarding shopping carts ... the auction cart is NOT integrated into the shopping cart. So, if you go through the auction screens, you can't jump into the store and see anything in your cart.

Auctionblox:

Great job!!! :D :D

I just installed the one for MS1, it looks great. However, I am waiting for the automation one.

I also tested the script in your website, got the same error when I tried to check out. Something like the error below as smitty1 said.

1062 - Duplicate entry 'xxx' for key xxx

insert into address_book (customers_id, address_book_id, entry_firstname, entry_lastname, entry_street_address, entry_postcode, entry_city, entry_country_id, entry_gender, entry_company, entry_suburb, entry_zone_id, entry_state) values('4', '1', 'Joseph', 'Smith', '**********', '*****', '*******', '223', 'm', 'Smitty\'s Stuff', '', '40', '')

Another question: When I checked out, the total amount seems not include the Tax, shipping fee and handling fee.

Thanks again for your hard work.

I think it may auto-change the state to ended if the end time is less than the current time. the customer can't checkout unless the auction is marked ended. also, regarding shopping carts ... the auction cart is NOT integrated into the shopping cart. So, if you go through the auction screens, you can't jump into the store and see anything in your cart.

Hey, :P

Maybe you can advise me what i did wrong then,

when the auction winner put's in there email address into auction finder script.

it goes in,, find's the auction,, and when u click continue it takes u to /***/auction_order_info.php?osCsid=cab18**.. and ask's for there info,

when they put there info in, and click continue, there is a pop up error as follows

A Runtime Error has occured.

Do you wish to Debug?

Line:27

Error: 'form.elements' is null or not an object

here is the line <27> if (form.elements[field_name] && (form.elements[field_name].type != "hidden")) {

var radio = form.elements[field_name];

if you click no to not debug, it procedes to /***/auction_login.php/login/exists?osCsid=cab1808**..

<<< FYI this is an excisting customer in the shop B) >>>

which displays the login page in the catalog. and of course if the customer putsin there email to log in,, the auciton is not in the cart of course because its not supposed to be, but the auction checkout is not completed

If the customer is not an excisting customer, i still get the Runtime error,, and if i click no to not debug, then I the following error msg

insert into address_book (customers_id, address_book_id, entry_firstname, entry_lastname, entry_street_address, entry_postcode, entry_city, entry_country_id, entry_gender, entry_company, entry_zone_id, entry_state) values ('26', '1', 'Info', 'test', '123 any street', '40734', 'anytown', '223', 'f', '', '27', '')

[TEP STOP]

any ideals? Did I mess something up? :blink:

Running ms2 verison on ms2.

The time issue and auto changed to ended is what was the issue. thanks for that thought.

Most Greatful :D

Regards

Tom

hmm,,

Got one to go through,,, and finish the checkout,, didnt make any changes,, however,, it didnt include the shipping and insurance rates listed in the auction/product map when it was set up.

I use shipping in my store by shipping price per product.

any thoughts anyone

Tom

The runtime error is a client-side javascript error. It's likely because you are running this on your development machine and there is a javascript error. Since you are on a development machine, you must have "just-in-time (JIT) debugging" enabled in Visual Interdev or some other tool. I seem to recall the Purchase Without Account mod had a javascript error in it (from which this screen was derived). Seems like it was looking for a password field or something. Look thru the code and make sure all of the elements that you're validating are displayed. For example, did you remove some form elements from that screen? If you did, it will cause this error unless you also removed the validation code that looks for that field.

Regarding the Duplicate ID 1-1. That is a database error. Essentially, it is saying that you're trying to insert a record using an ID that already exists in the database and you were stopped by a database constraint. I use this contribution with both new and existing customers. And, as I mentioned before, if you refresh the screen (using the IE browser refresh) it goes away and I don't believe that you see it again. If you continue to have the problem, and cannot find a solution, then I will look into it. But, I would prefer if the community could help out here.

Respectfully,

AuctionBlox

Tried again, the problem is gone.

The shipping fee is added at the end of check-out.

I am now wondering can we set different shipping fee to US and Canadian buyers.

Becuase most of ebay companies ship to US and Canadian buyers charging different shipping fees.

Hey guyz and gallz

The error,, that several ppl have said they came accross,,

insert into address_book (customers_id, address_book_id, entry_firstname, entry_lastname, entry_street_address, entry_postcode, entry_city, entry_country_id, entry_gender, entry_company, entry_zone_id, entry_state) values ('26', '1', 'Info', 'test', '123 any street', '40734', 'anytown', '223', 'f', '', '27', '')

[TEP STOP]

here is the soulution i used to correct this

In the auction_order_info_process.php, I made the following change

line 217  $address_book_id = -1;

I changed to reflect the following

line 217  $address_book_id = (int)$default_address_id;

This seems to have resolved that issue for me

Hope this helps someone else

Tom

Ok,, got all my issues fixed except one.

I added the Individual shipping code to the auction_checkout_shipping.php and then turned on flat rate shipping in the admin panel and set it to 0 to prevent it from showing up in the catalog shopping cart as i do not use that mod, and that allowed the auction checkout to use the individual shipping mod prices.

Here is my issue yet.

If the auction winner is an exsisting customer, then once they log in,, it jumps to the catalog part of the web site instead of finishing out the auction checkout.

I know it sounds wrong,, but,, thats what it is doing,, everytime.

Any ideals?

Tom

You could add a feature to the catalog and auction so that if the customer is existing and location is auction, it does not revert to the catalog.

Or better yet, check that individual shipping and see if there is a default revert to catalog in there

smitty1

Thank god,, i know everyone thought i was out of my mind,, LOL

I am so glad it did that on someone else for once,, but since i am the only one with this problem,, makes me wonder if i screwed something up < i am one of those steel ball in rubber room ppl tehe> or if its another mod i have that is causing problems,.

Anyway,, thanks for checking that for me smitty,

Most Greatful

Tom

You could add a feature to the catalog and auction so that if the customer is existing and location is auction, it does not revert to the catalog.

Or better yet, check that individual shipping and see if there is a default revert to catalog in there

I had this problem prior to installing the individual ship mod,, I installed the individ mog after the ebay mod so i could have something to work on while thinking the ebay problem over,

Thanks for thinking though.

Tom