Sign in to follow this  
Thomas0012

Manual Order -New customer creation

I can't create a new customer with ID #

Any fix for this?

TIA

Thomas0012

I have the same problem. I also tried to upgrade to manual order editor and had some issues with that.

Let me know if you figure it out.

2dogrc

Manual order entry enters orders as PWA. Seems reasonable as customers with accounts need passwords to log-in. Not sure how you'd expect to create a customer account for them and not furnish the password or rely on an email to give them the password you used. Emails are not reliable and I suspect most of the time if you did create an account for a customer you'd be following up with instructions telling them how to retrieve their password to log-in.

HOWEVER, if you really want to create a customer account for customers and provide passwords for them; you already have this feature. Just do it on the catalog side and create the account for the customer with a password. Then jump to the Admin side and create an order using this new account you just created. Expect the customer to contact you requesting a password (even though it was emailed to them).

I don't see any need for creating customer accounts from the admin side exposing customer passwords to company personnel. Great way to make customers extremely nervous about your privacy policy.

Just my 2 cents,

-Jody