• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Passing a different currency to paypal?

sumo

I'm trying to install the paypal_ipn module but I'm having a little trouble. My local currency is Jamaican Dollor (JMD) and I followed the steps in these forums and now have it up and running as the default curreny (change USD to JMD in english.php and made changes in admin). What I'm having trouble with is that paypal doesn't bill in my local currency so I need to convert the totals to USD before passing them to paypal (I'm assuming). I have the correct exchange rate set in admin but on testing in the sandbox the totals all appear in JMD. Any ideas on how I can get the totals in USD on paypal?

I figured something out but I have another problem. To get the prices displayed for the exact amount in my local currency I set the value = 1, but this is what causes the resulting incorrect value to be passed to paypal. When I attempted to choose as appropriate value, which in this case is 69, I cannot get a whole number for the price of my goods, even if I put 5 decimal places in the item description. Any ideas?