• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

1146 error after SPPC v4.1 install

I'm brand new to OSCommerce and am starting off with a fresh install.

I have installed the OSCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 and the install finsihed perfect. I then installed the Seperate Pricing Per Customer contribution I have issues with the admin. My site works fine, however when trying to login to the admin section I get the following: 1146 - Table 'whole_aquatics.TABLE_ADMINISTRATORS' doesn't exist

select id from TABLE_ADMINISTRATORS limit 1

[TEP STOP]

I have gone into mySQL and I can clearly see this table. What am I doing wrong? I have installed it 3 times with the same results.

Thanks!

Brian

I'm brand new to OSCommerce and am starting off with a fresh install.

I have installed the OSCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 and the install finsihed perfect. I then installed the Seperate Pricing Per Customer contribution I have issues with the admin. My site works fine, however when trying to login to the admin section I get the following: 1146 - Table 'whole_aquatics.TABLE_ADMINISTRATORS' doesn't exist

select id from TABLE_ADMINISTRATORS limit 1

[TEP STOP]

I have gone into mySQL and I can clearly see this table. What am I doing wrong? I have installed it 3 times with the same results.

The problem is that you have copied over the file admin/includes/database_tables.php in the package to your server. In RC1 there is a new table for which the define is (obviously) missing in the 4.1.x version:

define('TABLE_ADMINISTRATORS', 'administrators');

The 4.2.0 version was uploaded 3,5 days ago, but since the file size is over 300K (830K to be precise) it needs manual approval. This has not happened yet I (or there is an issue I have not been told about :) ).

• 3 weeks later...
The problem is that you have copied over the file admin/includes/database_tables.php in the package to your server. In RC1 there is a new table for which the define is (obviously) missing in the 4.1.x version:

define('TABLE_ADMINISTRATORS', 'administrators');

The 4.2.0 version was uploaded 3,5 days ago, but since the file size is over 300K (830K to be precise) it needs manual approval. This has not happened yet I (or there is an issue I have not been told about :) ).

This seems to be a very common issue. I have the same issue that causes an error 1146.

Does anyone have a fix for it?

I created the table "administrators" per the sql code (included in the install directory in the osc 2.2 RC1).

I also inserted an admin name and password, but when I try to log in to the admin, I get a bad username or password.

It seems that the password is encrypted using md5. I tried a few different online md5 encryptors to encrypt my password and insert it into the table, but it still doesn't work!

So the question is, "How can someone correctly create and insert a new administrators table and insert a valid admin username and password?"

Thanks,

-Mike

So the question is, "How can someone correctly create and insert a new administrators table and insert a valid admin username and password?"

That was not what this topic was about....

Why don't you copy the password from a customer account (that you created yourself, so you know the password) and paste that in the password field in the administrator table. Edit it further for the admin username and you should be good to go.