• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Business Account - Bank Account Holder

Kopite

Hey,

I just signed up for a Paypal Business account (UK).

I wanted to get verified so I setup my bank account straight away.

However, when I get to the page where I input my bank details, the bank account holders' name is hardcoded to my Business name - I need that to be My Name.

Can I change it? (I've emailed Paypal but would like your opinion).

Also, I was doing a test order for my shop, when I get through to the Paypal page, the item is listed as the name of my shop. Is this normal? I would like the item listed, not just the name of my shop.

If I don't become verified, I can still transfer funds to my bank account but with limits?

If I changed my business name on Paypal to my personal name, is there any way to display my business name to the customer and not just my name?

Any other advice appreciated.

Thanks

Hey,

I just signed up for a Paypal Business account (UK).

I wanted to get verified so I setup my bank account straight away.

However, when I get to the page where I input my bank details, the bank account holders' name is hardcoded to my Business name - I need that to be My Name.

Can I change it? (I've emailed Paypal but would like your opinion).

Also, I was doing a test order for my shop, when I get through to the Paypal page, the item is listed as the name of my shop. Is this normal? I would like the item listed, not just the name of my shop.

If I don't become verified, I can still transfer funds to my bank account but with limits?

If I changed my business name on Paypal to my personal name, is there any way to display my business name to the customer and not just my name?

Any other advice appreciated.

Thanks

1. yes you can still accept payments and transfer money into your bank until your limit is reached.

2. Yes you can change the name to your personal name and then get your account verified.

3. Yes you can have the "company name" show on the payment page by using the PayPal personalized payment page option and by using an logo image of your "business name".

4. depending on which paypal payment module you use you can optionaly have it to show detailed shopping cart items on the payment page.

Hi, Thanks for the info - much obliged.

I've been doing some searching and came across these two contribution to fix my descrition problem - can you/anyone recommend which one to go for?

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...l/search,paypal

OR

Also, is there any way to change this:

paypalarrowpy7.jpg

So, it just display the information instead of having to click the big blue arrow. Like this:

paypalarro2222wii0.jpg

Ie, I want my paypal checkout page to start on this. Also, the link to pay without a paypal account is quite small. It used to be a lot bigger if I remember. Can I edit this page somehow - I know how to do colours, logo etc from my Paypal profile but no layout .

I had to go with this one:

I actually went for this one first:

But the latter failed to work with my discount coupon module. It said that unformatted data was passed to Paypal. The top one works fine, though I don't like it as much as it is not as easily customisable.

However, can anyone tell me if this is the Paypal page that I must have? Or can I change it? I find it clumsy and unnappealing - but that might just be me.

Thanks.

Guys, can I also ask about the customer returning to my site after payment on Paypal.

I see there is a few contibutions to remind payer to return etc.

HOWEVER, in Paypal, there is an automatic return to the page of your choice - can I use this to go back to checkout_success.php? Will the order then be logged in oscommerce?

Thanks

Guys, can I also ask about the customer returning to my site after payment on Paypal.

I see there is a few contibutions to remind payer to return etc.

HOWEVER, in Paypal, there is an automatic return to the page of your choice - can I use this to go back to checkout_success.php? Will the order then be logged in oscommerce?

Thanks

Yes

Keep in mind that if your buyer does not already have a PayPal account...and chooses to create one during their PP checkout procedure...there goes the redirect to your Checkout Success screen.

Everyone needs to install one of the PayPal IPN contribs...which writes the order to your Admin > Orders screen, whether or not they return to the Checkout Success screen. It will look something like...PayPal IPN Pending...as far as order status is concerned.

You'll get their PayPal payment fine...and their order will show in Admin. They will not get an Order Confirmation email, nor will you. But, at the very least...your customer paid and you know what they ordered and you ship fast and notify them of such.

Hopefully, they love your site and your service and come back and order again...THIS time with a real PayPal account (now that they actually have one) and they get the redirect to your Checkout Success screen and all is well with the world.

To be honest, I find all this a very dissapointing part of oscommerce that needs to be improved dramatically.

It seems that Paypal IPN is the way to go here, so I will get right on that. I don't like the sound of a customer not getting a immediate confirmation email either.

Either way, will get to work on Paypal IPN.