• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Dry ice/Wet ice/No ice

amysrabbitranch

I have not been able to find a contrib for this. We ship our products some at RT (no ice), some on wet ice (ice packs, normal ice), and some on dry ice. We have different shipping charges for these, RT no additional fee, wet ice is x amount for domestic y for international, and dry ice also has two prices (one domestic one international). This fee should go on the whole order, not individual products. So basically, I need something that I can specify shipping conditions for each product, and then in the checkout it will add the correct additional charge to the shipping costs based on the products in there. No matter how many wet or dry ice products are in the cart, it should only be one fee (or two if there are both wet and dry ice) but it doesn't matter the quantity of products ordered of each condition, it's a flat fee. I hope that makes sense, I am not a php programmer and I barely understand php so I'm hoping someone out there can see this post and think "omg that is so easy" and make a contrib :)

Thanks bunches!

~Amy~

---

If you have never made a mistake, you have never tried anything new!

Yes! This would be very helpful and I'm in need of such a thing too as my store also ships ice and non-ice products. I think the way to address this is to use a universal contribution by defining ice or non-ice "tags" to each product.

During checkout, if the system recognizes an ice "tagged" product in the shopping cart, it adds a surcharge to the order (or ideally, into the shipping costs to mask the "fee", but this would be difficult since everyone could have different shipping modules).

But since sometimes the shipment will share contents in a single ice box but not increase the amount of ice, it wouldn't make sense to add a charge for every single ice product. So to increase flexibility, the admin should be able to define how much surcharge is added depending on different # of ice products in the cart.

I'm sure many people such as the OP would appreciate such a contrib and find it very useful in the osc community. Many thanks to any a talented php'er out there who can do this!

Yes! This would be very helpful and I'm in need of such a thing too as my store also ships ice and non-ice products. I think the way to address this is to use a universal contribution by defining ice or non-ice "tags" to each product.

During checkout, if the system recognizes an ice "tagged" product in the shopping cart, it adds a surcharge to the order (or ideally, into the shipping costs to mask the "fee", but this would be difficult since everyone could have different shipping modules).

But since sometimes the shipment will share contents in a single ice box but not increase the amount of ice, it wouldn't make sense to add a charge for every single ice product. So to increase flexibility, the admin should be able to define how much surcharge is added depending on different # of ice products in the cart.

I'm sure many people such as the OP would appreciate such a contrib and find it very useful in the osc community. Many thanks to any a talented php'er out there who can do this!

bump?