• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

template

kewldude_3001

hey, i got a template recently and all it came it was the index.html file and some images for the site, i have the sts template contribution installed and i tried one of the codes for the links but when i click on it, the link changes but the page stays the same

what should i do?

The template should have install instructions. But even it is doesn't, the general idea is that you have to replace any of your files they changed but you can't overwrite any of the code that has been changed in your shop for STS. So you need to go through each file at a time and compare them.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

the "template" only had an index file and the images and a fonts folder, it looked like most of it was hard-coated, so for instance if i want to add more categories im guessing i would have to edit the index file instead of doign it on the admin side

Categories are added in admin and should not be controlled by a template. It sounds like you don't have a template that will work with oscommerce, at least not without a lot of converting.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

well what if add the categories in admin section and then link it to the appropriate page in the index myself???

also when i tried to test the new items box (i did have one new item), i added the following code which is $whatsnewbox in the code part and it didnt work.

im not sure if it did work or not, in the source code it looks like it worked but nothing shows up :(, also how can i link to by regular database??? i tried doing it before and it changed the layout back to the default template...... so how would i link without losing my new template?

i havent figured out the database question yet, but i figured out how to make the infobox show up, i had use templates for infobox selected i set that to false lol but now i want to customize the info box to fit with the rest of the site so how would i do that? :)

I'm confused as to what your problem is. Loading items from the database should already be set up. If it STS you are having problems with, you should ask for help in that support thread.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

i havent figured out the database question yet, but i figured out how to make the infobox show up, i had use templates for infobox selected i set that to false lol but now i want to customize the info box to fit with the rest of the site so how would i do that? :)

Ash,

It appears you are using STS...somewhat. With STS, you would continue to use the osC admin and all of its features and functions as you would in a non-STS scenario. I suggest that you read over the STS User Manual thoroughly and get acquainted with how STS works.

:thumbsup: Also, as Jack mentioned above, you will get more detailed help in using the STS contribution through the official support thread in this forum (click on the STSv4 Forum link in my signature below).

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Archived