• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Quantity Controller v5.0

Ajeh

Not a ton of changes there.

Mainly it adds in addition information on the display and the update to emails and orders_attributes_download for when you need to use the Update feature on Max Days and number of downloads.

Most of my changes are preceeded with a // BOF: WebMakers.com Added: and end with // EOF: WebMakers.com Added:

Beyond compare is really helpful for this stuff.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The site that i added your mod to, mysteryiously started working after i went in and did an edit on one of the existing products, now i can add

products and pics, no problem. Hav not realy had a chance to look over all

the mods you put in, but it looks good so far. So again thanks for your work, i hope i do not break, cause i know there are other mods to add.

Thanks Jim

in the catalog when i click on the product i get

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_bimage' in 'field list'

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_bimage, p.products_subimage1, p.products_subimage2, p.products_subimage3, p.products_subimage4, p.products_subimage5, p.products_subimage6, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price_list, p.products_price_rebate from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = '1' and pd.products_id = '1' and pd.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Always open to sugestions on my site to make it better

Excellent Mod, you are a genius :D

I have got a weird problem (with the site, not me personally)

I can add quantity discounts to existing products (that were in the database before I installed your mod) but when I try to add discounts to a new product it shows on the "preview" but when you click "update" it just resets all the discount values to zero.

Best wishes

Steve

One other thing, I forgot to menion :) at the moment it is showing the discount prices before tax but the main price including tax, is it possible to show the discount prices including tax. I have an item that costs 3.06 + 17.5% tax = 3.60 it shows the main price as 3.60 but in the discount box it shows as qty 1 = 3.06?

http://www.livefood.co.uk/catalog/product_...&products_id=47

Best wishes

Steve

:D to start with i really like the mod now that its installed to instructions

but i still have one problem

after instaling the mod i can no longer creat a new account

it lets me put in all the details for the account but when i hit continue it goes to a blank screen and stops

it worked before i installed the mod as i tried it

this mod has been intaled on a fresh snapshot from nov 19 on my test server

I downloaded the 11/19 snapshost and was going to install it and this mod,

but i thought i would look at the mod files and the new snapshot files first.

There have been some file changes in the new snapshot, use diff to compare. I have not installed yet, and will go ahead and add changes to Lindas mod before install. I will go to my other site and check your problem, installed lindas mod on 11/01 snapshot.

I have not set up HTTPS on my site with this mod so it wont work, i will look to see what i have to do.

Jim.

Do you have a program to compare files, there has been changes made to the login.php file and some others since Linda made this mod. I dont know if that is the problem but, would be a place start. Some of the changes are minor.

Here is where you can download the program, it will make all of this a lot easier. Program name CSDiff http://www.componentsoftware.com/products, There are some others,this

is just one i found. I am presuming you are using windows PC.

One file i found that had a lot of new changes in it was catalogincludesfunctionsgeneral.php

Let me know how it turns out, I just signed up for another hosting account

so will be trying to get this to work on it tommorrow.

Jim

I am not having any problems with the addition of new products and discounts. Check how you added the changed in for the categories.php file.

I have not run into any issues on creating an account either. If you are getting a blank screen, you might check your configure.php file. Also see if your if you can place an order to see if this is a secure issue.

I will be releasing v5.1 which is current to Nov 19th snapshot, hopefully today or tomorrow.

The discounts do not show the tax prices ... I guess that would be a nice feature, eh? :shock:

I will see if this is something I have time to update for this release.

The discounts do not show the tax prices ... I guess that would be a nice feature, eh? :shock:

I will see if this is something I have time to update for this release.

That would be absolutly fantastic if it could be done, you are a real star :D

Best wishes

Steve

Hi Linda,

Thank you for a great contribution.

I just have a simple question. When I use loginbox.php I am not redirected to a secure connection and of course get the irritating browser pop up warning telling me so.

I've only modified/installed the files contained in this package pertaining to loginbox.php. I was using the original contribution by Aubrey until current snapshots made this obsolete. I saw you modified the code a bit to work with the latest snapshot but I'm just having a simple redirect problem. For some reason I can't figure it out myself.

I'd appreciate any help you might be able to offer.

Thanks,

Henry

I just figured out how to refresh out of CVS...am I gonna get killed, or what? Hopefully, this should put me right up there with hpdl, dgw, and project3000.

My question is, how do mods like this make it into the central CVS, or do they?

i tried the mod on the snapshot from nov 12 and it worked fine

but when i put it on nov 19 snapshot i get that same blank screen when hitting continue after filling out the details for creating a account

:D eagerly awaiting 5.1

I'm getting the following error when trying to create an account:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_rand() in catalog/includes/functions/password_funcs.php on line 50

I've installed a new snapshot dated 19.11.02, and then applied this contribution, so I don't know if the missing function is resulting from using this contribution or not.

Does anyone have this function defined somewhere, and know where it should be?

If I am not mistaken, there was a fix added for the rand function that may be effecting you as my Quantity Controller does not contain it if any of the files are using it.

When I post v5.1 later today or tomorrow, that is based on snapshot 11-19