• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Quantity Controller v5.0

Ajeh

This is labled v5.0 so there is no confusion with older snapshots prior to November 1, 2002.

This includes:

Quantity Minimum/Units

Quantity Discounts up to 4 per product

List, Rebate and Savings Prices

Downloads Controller

Free Shipping and Payment

Forced Login Option with show/hide prices

Down for Maintenance Option with show or hide store/prices

MO Pic with modifications

Drop Down Categories with modifications

Security Alert fix between SSL and NONSSL

Login Box/My Account Box

Header Middle, Header Below

Category Tabs

Attribute Sorter from Product Attributes - soon will include from Products Page

Attributes Copier to Duplicate Product

Pretty much everything is an option that can be turned on/off in the language files.

BE SURE TO BACK UP!

I think that is all it does ... but read the readme file to be sure :roll:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and the part about where you can test out how this works might also be helpful ...

http://www.thewebmakerscorner.com/snapmods_new

This shop is currently configured to: Must Login to buy ... but can see the prices when you look around and the Login Button is enabled where the In Cart would be on the product_info.php

No ... just looks like I am talking to myself on this thread ... :shock:

Yes ... I know I can edit, but then you may have read past this already and missed these little tid-bits of conversation with myself :D

hello

There might be already something [haven't seen anything] but it would be nice to display a recommended retail price before signing in and then display both recommended retail and wholesale pricing for customers who have signed in. This would be for wholesale suppliers only.

Dave

:evil: I installed this module into a fresh test site using a snapshot from the 12th of november and i found some major problems

the first one i notest was the green testing line at the top of the catalog

then the pictures in my catalog disapeared

also in the login box it was showing the code for were the login text should be

in the admin side of thjngs

none of the shippin and payment modules show up in there sections

and i loose the ability to edit all of the preveus product as none of the buttons show up

please get back to me with any ideas

Always open to sugestions on my site to make it better

I forgot to remove the test line in the header eh? :shock:

Not hard to delete that row out of there, look for the word Testing.

For everything else, follow the install instructions carefully. Sounds like you may have forgotten a few things to load or install in the language files or folders.

I copied that on top of a fresh snapshot too ... did not break anything.

Make sure you added all the fields as well, and best to add them in order so that there are no conflicts with other programs or on update and insert statements that assume an expected structure.

If you are still royally stuck after going carefully through the install, I am happy to take a peek at your site and see what is up.

Linda, i gave up on trying to get the mo pics mod to work on my other site. I have installed your contrib and updated database, when i goto

categories/products in admin i get this error Fatal error Call to undefined function: tep_get_categories_name() in categories_php on line 1266

This is 11-01 snapshot

What have i not done properly

Thanks Jim

Check and see if the function tep_get_categories_name is in the /admin/includes/webmakers_added_functions.php file.

If not, get it from the /catalog/includes/functions/webmakers_added_functions.php file and paste it in there.

I will have to see if I left that out or something when I zipped this. :shock:

Thanks for the heads up on that!

Or, you forgot to add the text to /admin/includes/application_top.php that calls that function file 8)

I made some updates to the Quantity Controller ...

New Rebates Box

New Rebates Display of Products Listing from the Rebates Box

Shopping Cart:

Total Cart before any savings (If any it shows)

Total Savings

Total Rebates (If any it shows)

If someone can play, test, critic this ... I'd appreciate it.

Thinking about adding to checkout:

Total Savings

Total Rebates

Thinking of adding to orders table total savings

Thinking of adding to account history total savings

Thinking of adding to emails total savings

Any one think these are needed?

Test at:

http://www.thewebmakerscorner.com/snapmods_new

I get everthing working in the mod, you were right i had not added some lines in files. OK now i am getting the same error as was getting on the

other site Varible passed to reset() is not an object or array , in admin/

includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17 and 18.

Any help.

Question on database, when adding lines to database i noticed a couple of click boxes Primary and Index should i set my new lines to index, could this be my problem?

Thanks Jim

DID YOU UPLOAD THESE NEW BITS TO THE CONTRIB SECTION

APART FROM THE CHANGES TO THE DATA BASE

WHEN I INSTALL THIS MOD ARE THE CHANGES TO FILES IN THE INSTRUCTION ALREADY IN FILES OR DO I HAVE TO ADD THEM

Always open to sugestions on my site to make it better

Do not shout ... thanks

I have the instructions in the upload.

The patch is one file that was forgotten, there are not instructions ... but I am sure you can figure out where to put it ...

All the instructions are pretty clear I think, but then I wrote the dang thing, so they should be clear to me.

If you have problems with the free contribution working for you, do let me know so that I can help you with a specific problem.

But in the meanwhile ... quit shouting, eh?! :roll:

Well ... yes ... I cannot type them for you ... :D

You need to replace the // Shopping cart actions section in the application_top.php and add the includes to the two application_top.php files where explained in the docs ... and to the language files as explained in the docs.

If you never made a change to your November snapshot and it is from the ... hmmm ... 13th I think that was ... then just over write everything.

Be sure to activate the Free Shipping and Payment modules and you are off and running.

I get everthing working in the mod, you were right i had not added some lines in files. OK now i am getting the same error as was getting on the

other site Varible passed to reset() is not an object or array , in admin/

includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17 and 18.

Any help.

Question on database, when adding lines to database i noticed a couple of click boxes Primary and Index should i set my new lines to index, could this be my problem?

Nothing in my code needs anything marked specifically for the databases.

Where are you specifically when you get that error?

Yes , i will install the latest, but i find it odd i am getting same error on both sites after installing mods, everthing was ok before that, i do not

know php, but i have picked through eveything i can, i am at a loss as to what is causing the error, it must be something i am doing.

Jim

Or something we all have left over in the code that does not agree with your servers.

If you still have this problem, I can load your full site as is on mine and see if it breaks as well.

Couple common how to break the site ...

using $DOCUMENT_ROOT in the configure.php file when your site wants the real path

using spaces in new field names but usually that is real obvious as it will be a select, update or insert statement where that one shows

Sometimes I just reload everything in binary and bingo it fixes it all