• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

is it hard to add multiple contibs

Hi all,

I am setting up a new oscommerce store and like many I need to add many contribs, does life get much harder doing this?? I want to add

Ultimate SEO URL's

Lightbox

Header Tags

UK Royal Mail postage

Only really asking as I would hate to add the first one and then find out I needed to add the 2nd first or somehting daft.

Cheers

The more contributions you add, the more the original source code is modified, hence, in theory, it could get exceedingly more difficult to add more contributions in the future without messing something else up, etc...

But, as long as you're careful and pay attention to what you're doing, there's no problem.

I've got about 16-18 contributions on one site, including Ultimate SEO URL's and Header Tags and everything's working fine.

The only thing you gotta be careful of is original source code that is changed (shared) by two or more contributions, then it can get tricky but its still possible.

cheers folks, this may not be ht ebest place to ask this question, but I was going to use a template, hpw dop i tell which version of oscommerce the template is runnning??? I think that may have been an issue on my previous attempts..

cheers folks, this may not be ht ebest place to ask this question, but I was going to use a template, hpw dop i tell which version of oscommerce the template is runnning??? I think that may have been an issue on my previous attempts..

If you are using a stock osC cart and adding a template, you should be able to get help from the groups that support your choice of templates. If you are talking about one of the so-called loaded versions floating around, you have to contact THEM for support, and will porbably be on your own.

It is not fair of anyone to ask the osC community to help with a problem for a system not supported or recommended by the osCommerce community, and one with which the code may be obfuscated or corrupted in such a way that only the authors may or may not know what they have done.

If you have further questions on this issue, you may want to move it to the general discussion areas.

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)