• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ultimate SEO Url 2.1d Installation

I am up to the following step in the installation process.

what does this mean, and how does one proceed with this.

STEP #6 - SQL Update

Run the following sql on your store database:

ALTER TABLE `categories_description` ADD `categories_seo_url` VARCHAR( 100 ) NOT NULL ;

ALTER TABLE `products_description` ADD `products_seo_url` VARCHAR( 100 ) NOT NULL ;

Please could someone with the knowledge assist with a simple how to do.

It is referring to the change to the database that is required. Most hosts offer a program named phpmyadmin. You need to go into that (just a matter of clicking on a link in your hosts control panel), select your database on the left, then select the SQL tab on the right. Paste those statements into the box and click Go. As long as it says it was successful, you're all done.

By the way, the version of Ultimate SEO you are using only requires that change if you want to have the rewrite option in admin. Many sites don't need that and it is a lot of effort to install it if you are not going to use it. Of course, if you have already made all of the file changes, it may be more work to remove those.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

It is referring to the change to the database that is required. Most hosts offer a program named phpmyadmin. You need to go into that (just a matter of clicking on a link in your hosts control panel), select your database on the left, then select the SQL tab on the right. Paste those statements into the box and click Go. As long as it says it was successful, you're all done.

By the way, the version of Ultimate SEO you are using only requires that change if you want to have the rewrite option in admin. Many sites don't need that and it is a lot of effort to install it if you are not going to use it. Of course, if you have already made all of the file changes, it may be more work to remove those.

Jack

Jack

Just to say thanks for your help.

Your explanations are simple to understand. I am getting there, and hopefully will complete the instalation by the end of today.

I will let you know.

Regards

Peter