• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How Do I ...? All the basic install questions regularly asked...

That sounds great for future work! I like what I see. But is there still a simple place to change the border colors only, because I am then finished.

That's in the css file of the ui theme you have in use, check the properties for ui-widget-content and ui-widget-header that affect border colors of infoboxes and the product listing table

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

How do I add an add-on?

had my site built by someone else so I apologise if this is pretty standard. Basically I need to close my site temp. but ASAP. I've found some add ons that will do it for me but I've no idea how to add one?

Thanks!

Jamie.

@@quickcycles

Each addon has installation instructions

thank you for such a quick reply - I'll get on it now!

J.

--------edit----------

just seen the guide, far far beyond my means - will have to try get my designer to do it.

Thanks anyway.

J.

• 2 months later...

How do I change the color of the headers of the menus? The class is "ui-widget-header infoBoxHeading" , but there is no such class as ui-widget-header in the stylesheet.css document, there is infoBoxHeading, but there is no color specification.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi ij ust serach and not find help there.

i just need help.

how to make image bigger on product_info.php . im use v2.2 rc2?

i look at that file, no find anything, and when i change small setting on configure/image just affected for index page.

i need bigger image for product info. thanks

you can make the images bigger (or smaller) in the admin/back end of the store under "configuration>images>small image width" and small image height...just edit the number to a larger number and it will make the images bigger...you don't have to edit any code.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@@krittw

Download the contribution you want to install and read the installation instructions.

some tips:

• Use a text editor such as Notepad++ or Editplus+ when editing PHP files.
  • Use an FTP client such as Filezilla to transfer files to and from your hosting account.
  • ALWAYS MAKE A BACK UP OF YOUR FILES BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES.

Chris

Don't forget the second step of unzip the file downloaded.

:-)

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm looking to add a second "comments" field below customer comments, to collect different data requirements for items purchased. I just need a free form text field with a header, same as the "customer comments" field.

thanks in advance. using 2.3.3, no addtional add-ons/templates.

• 3 weeks later...

The main stylesheet is in your catalog folder not the includes folder.

There is also a stylesheet in ext/jquery/ui/redmond file if you are still using that, and have not created a new theme using themeroller.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Use Windowz Explorer.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.3 and have experienced 3 wierd problems in the ADMIN section.

#1. Under - Modules - Boxes - I attempted to install the SPECIALS box. When I click INSTALL module - SPECIALS shows up in the column to the left, I then click it and the blue right arrow appears - it shows below with the EDIT/REMOVE buttons. The problem is the box does not show up on any column.

Show products on special

Enable Specials Module

True

Content Placement

Right Column

Sort Order

I added a product to the specials to test this but it still doesn't show up. When I look thru this thread there is talk of catalog/includes/column_left.php or column_right.php but I don't have either file?

#2 Social Bookmarks - I installed Facebook Like button (and it appears) however, I don't see where it updates my facebook. I also clicked on the comment.

#3 Share Product box height is too small - and is cutting off the text. how do I enlarge the box?

• 2 weeks later...

Can somebody help me with this:

I would like to have my store to be in English (default) or Spanish, depending on what the user selects, regardless of their browser settings. The admin has to be left in English.

The organization that installed OsC v2.2 RC2 installed both languages, but I had them turn off the Spanish part viewable to the customer, until I was ready. The admin has always had the option for both English and Spanish products.

Now I'm ready to experiment with the espanol; how do I turn back on the spanish option? This seems like it should very easy.

The espanol.php is aleady in the includes/languages/

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Archived