• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How Do I ...? All the basic install questions regularly asked...

Good morning to everyone,

I am writing for you from perualpacayarn.com. We bought online mercant 3.0.2 trough one of the companys in US called XXX

We are struggling. We are just starting the company and our budget is limited, so many things we need to do by ourselves and waiting replay from XXX has been taken week so far(still waiting).

for example

1. Clicking "GREATE AN ACCOUNT" we are asking many questions from our clients in our registration form.

I would like to keep ONLY section "Your personal details" and "Your Password" and I would like to deactivate the rest.

Can I do this without making mess in the webpage config.

I do have admin page, but the company in us XXX told us not to change anything without them. So every time, when I need to change something, I need to contact with them. We need to change things ALL the time.

Thank You

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have two languages on my oscommerce - English and Romanian. how do I configure to start by default in Romanian ? in localization --> languages the default is set by me to Romanian but still when i open my oscommerce page is in english ... can you tell me how to fix that ? I mention that the romanian language is installed properly because on the oscommerce page it changes manually. I just want to be default romanian.

thank you, expecting answer

• 2 weeks later...

V 2.3.1:

Is there a simple way to modify the index so that it will check to see if a category has subcategory images, and if it doesn't, then output a custom text (or reference a new file that contains the text); otherwise display the subcategory images?

I have "Modular Front Page" installed and currently have my mission statement on the front page. Some of my categories have subcats that I don't want to use images or links for, so they show as a blank page in the main body. I would like the Modular Front Page content to continue to show until the customer reaches a category with subcategory images.

It seems like this could be handled easily by adding an if-else, but I don't have the know-how to make it work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi gals and pals.. smile.png

for the contentBoxHeading and infoBoxHeading, I would like to use the span -tag to avoid jagged headings.

My right corner image is not in perfect alignment...

Any help is appreciated, I'd love to avoid headaches as well :)

Linnea

The place I'm stuck at is how to change the product text color, can anyone help me with this? I have no problem editing the site using catalog/stylsheet.css, header and footer pages and the jquery system but I can't seem to change the product text any ideas?

Hi Folks, I'm failing at the first hurdle!

I'm trying to configure 'payment' and install a module for OKPay. I got the correct module and put it in the payment folder on the server.

Now, when I go to Install Module I get this message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class okpay in /home/casc2366/public_html/shop2/includes/modules/payment/okpay.php

and I can't find anything on this forum which relates to it.

Can anyone help me with a resolve?

Thank you in anticipation, Steve

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class okpay in /home/casc2366/public_html/shop2/includes/modules/payment/okpay.php on line 17

Click the "Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it" link in my signature.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

I can't get any of these hacks to work. I,ve made some of changes but they are not taking effect when I refresh my browser.

e.g

I changed the privacy info code to show this.

<?php

/*

$Id$

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

define

(

'NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Privacy Notice');

define

(

'HEADING_TITLE', 'Privacy Notice');

define

(

'TEXT_INFORMATION', 'Privacy info this is the changed version');

?>

Then I uploaded it back to the includes\languages\english directory on my server.

When I refreshed the browser all I got was the same old message. I even cleared my browser cache to make sure I wasnt getting a stale record.

I thought PHP was dynamic so it should have been served right away.

Please can someone help.

Is there any reason why you have all those extra line feeds in there?

Try

<?php
/*
 $Id$
 Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce
*/
define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Privacy Notice');
define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Privacy Notice');
define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'Privacy info changed');
?>

Cheers

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Is there any reason why you have all those extra line feeds in there?

Try

<?php
/*
 $Id$
 Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce
*/
define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Privacy Notice');
define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Privacy Notice');
define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'Privacy info changed');
?>

Cheers

G

I managed to get everything working today.

Yesterday must have been one of them days for me.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

How do I edit the CSS?

I want the header where the logo is to ne taller?

Do I need to do this with an html editor (dreamweaver)? Can it be done from within the OScommerse site?

I looked everywhere on the site but could not find css editor.

Hi

I am using V2.3.1 and am struggling to make the background below the left column be the same colour (white) all down the page to the footer, I seem to have tried every option can anyone give me advice please.

Link here

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I got the site up and running, only took me 6 days. Thanks for everything people have posted in the past, as that has helped me out a lot.

There are just a few issues I am trying to figure out, and can't seem to find the answers yet.

1. Is there a description somewhere that explains what needs to be placed in the OpenSearch module in the Admin section of the site. Not all the code stuff, but something that explains each box in the Admin section for this module.

2. I'm trying to get the site out there and get customer's in, but to be honest, I do not know code, and all the talks of meta tags and such, has confused the heck out of me. Is there other options?

The web site is: www.RonisRingsNThings.com.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

i am a total noob to ecommerce, just need a bit of a jump start. I have :

changed the company logo

added stock and prices

changed currencies, all ok, really like it so far.

Now i would like to :

install a free template from the contributions that I have downloaded as a zip file. . Please give me steps..

and

increase the space in my header area for my company logo. probably a header.php edit?

and

is it possible to later add discount coupon codes to my site? How?

thanx in advance,

Wes

Smee again

Managed to do all the things asked above, please disregard the post.

New Question

I the Header, there are "CART CONTENTS", "Checkout" and "my account" buttons. I would like to change the COLOUR of these buttons. Can anyone tell me where this is defined? (Oh and the BUY NOW button too)

Thanx

Wessie

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Just setting up my store using OSCommerce version 2.3.1 and need to remove the "Welcome to Company Name" from the top of the page above the login line.

Any help would be appreciated.

Website is www.thailandexportco.com

Thanks in advance

Thaiexportco (Bruce)

Hi

Im trying to install oscommerce 2.2-MS2 .. when i put in the url to start installing it..i get to the install page but noticing the none of the images are loading..there all broken images. and after the install no images are showing. would anyone know why.

Thanks

oscommerce 2.2-MS2 is very outdated, it requires an old version of php and MySQL on the server, I strongly advise you to use the latest version of osC.

If you have purchased a template based on MS2, go back for a refund. The latest is 2.3.1

Note MS2 has many security issues, so if you persist with it (and your host is happy keep their server degraded to support it) make sure you apply all the security measures detailed in the pinned thread in the 2.x security forum

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

oscommerce 2.2-MS2 is very outdated, it requires an old version of php and MySQL on the server, I strongly advise you to use the latest version of osC.

If you have purchased a template based on MS2, go back for a refund. The latest is 2.3.1

Note MS2 has many security issues, so if you persist with it (and your host is happy keep their server degraded to support it) make sure you apply all the security measures detailed in the pinned thread in the 2.x security forum

ok Thank you

i installed the latest version..now when i go to the main page still no images are being loaded

Hi Guys,

Just setting up my store using OSCommerce version 2.3.1 and need to remove the "Welcome to Company Name" from the top of the page above the login line.

Any help would be appreciated.

Website is www.thailandexportco.com

Thanks in advance

Thaiexportco (Bruce)

All fixed.

Thanks Bruce

Archived