• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How Do I ...? All the basic install questions regularly asked...

hi!

plz tell me how to change background color to white in center of catalog side?

i tried in stylesheet but i cant able to find,

but i change background color as grey and column left, column right, and center bgcolor to white

Now it displaying full grey as bgcolor

plz help how to make change?

Thanks in adv

Has this been answered?

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

i aply the "Show All Categories" add-on (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,62/page,18) and it's all ok but:

1. how can i apply one space betwen main categories and subcategories and three spaces betwen subcategories and next main categories ?

2. how can do an extra bold to the main categories ?

3. how can i do different wides for left and right column ? For example, i need to have 210 wide for left column and 150 wide for right column. can i modify each of them in that way ?

for ex. some like that: http://www.sierra.ro

How Do I Add additional Zones in Zone Rate Shipping? Zone 1 shows up. But How Do I Add Zone 2, Zone 3???

Open the includes/modules/shipping/zones.php file and follow the instructions.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

How Do I ……

1. … Change the OsCommerce in the Title?

I did this, but the OsCommerce name is still there rather than my store name. Suggestions?

Jeff

I have no clue to what im doing can someone please help me with my site i have now paid for hosting and register my domain name can anyone help me at all with building my oscommerce store i just dont know how im catching alot of trouble or if someone knows how to build a simple site for me and want to charge me a little bit for setting it up please email me asap [email protected] and tell me how long it will take to be up and running no scammers please thanks i pretty much want about 50 products on my page and a nice template and contact information and all that good stuff please let me know if you can help thanks

I have no clue to what im doing can someone please help me with my site i have now paid for hosting and register my domain name can anyone help me at all with building my oscommerce store i just dont know how im catching alot of trouble or if someone knows how to build a simple site for me and want to charge me a little bit for setting it up please email me asap [email protected] and tell me how long it will take to be up and running no scammers please thanks i pretty much want about 50 products on my page and a nice template and contact information and all that good stuff please let me know if you can help thanks

It's against forum rules to discuss work for hire so I won't comment on that. But I will offer a word of advice, in general, for what it is worth. If you are going to hire someone to do the work for you, try to be sure they know what they are doing and compare what they plan on charging you with other quotes. There are many reputable and talented people on these forums that can do the work for you. But there are also trolls that will promise the world and not deliver, or severely overcharge. I've had experience with shop owners that paid well over $500 ($2,000 in one case) to have someone install a shop with a template, only to find the shop wouldn't function correctly afterwards. And when I explained to them that the template they had was just a common one that costs around $150, they were not very happy, to say the least. So be careful.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Nothing ???? Nobody know ????

Hi,

i aply the "Show All Categories" add-on (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,62/page,18) and it's all ok but:

1. how can i apply one space betwen main categories and subcategories and three spaces betwen subcategories and next main categories ?

2. how can do an extra bold to the main categories ?

3. how can i do different wides for left and right column ? For example, i need to have 210 wide for left column and 150 wide for right column. can i modify each of them in that way ?

for ex. some like that: http://www.sierra.ro

Nothing ???? Nobody know ????

Some suggestions:

Contribution specific questions should be asked in the support thread for that contribution.

Ask one question at a time. More work for you but less work for those giving their free time to help you.

The questions you asked have all been answered. If not in this thread, then elsewhere on the forums.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello.

I am a new member, trying to find answers for my questions...

How to upload a language pack and to make it work?

Cannot find anything about this issue in the FAQ or some other place here...

Thank you in advance. My mail is [email protected]

BR,

Kiril

Hello.

I am a new member, trying to find answers for my questions...

How to upload a language pack and to make it work?

Cannot find anything about this issue in the FAQ or some other place here...

Thank you in advance. My mail is [email protected]

BR,

Kiril

Go to the add-ons section (above menu), find the language pack you want, download it and follow the included instructions.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Go to the add-ons section (above menu), find the language pack you want, download it and follow the included instructions.

Dear Jack, thank you very much.

There is no instruction in the language pack I need.

BR,

Kiril

• 2 weeks later...

Hey

I followed the steps as you outlined below without any problem, but when I went to my localhost site and attempted to use the express checkout option, nothing happened? Does this have anything to do with the cURL Program Location, which I left as the default /usr/bin/curl?

_ Kasey

For those with osCommerce 2.2 RC2a that are having trouble setting up Paypal Express in Payment Modules because you can not find out how to get your API's here is how it is done.

How do I generate an API Signature?

You need to have a PayPal Business account. If you're testing with a Sandbox test account, repeat these steps for your Sandbox test accounts and your live accounts. We recommend having a pen and paper ready, and opening a separate web browser to perform these steps.

Here's How:

Click the My Account tab.

Click Profile at the top of the page.

Click the Request API credentials link in the Account Information column

Click the Set up PayPal API credentials and permissions link.

Click Request API Credentials link.

Select API signature.

Check the Agree and Submit button.

Click Done.

Write down your API username and API password information.

Copy the signature and save it to a file or some other location. This is your API signature.

Leon Sargent

Dear Jack, thank you very much.

There is no instruction in the language pack I need.

The process of installing a new language is almost all the same for all languages, though there are some exceptions.

- Upload all of the included file. They should be unique.

- Go to admin->Languages and add the new language.

It should work at that point. As with all contributions, you need to be careful that you download a full package. Many &$#(*! people upload partial packages and that causes many problems.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am a complete newbie to OS Commerce and I seem to be falling over at the most basic level. I have been able to add my logo and change some basic things (date etc), I have also changed the shipping methods. But I am trying to add the Purchase Without Account add-in and am having a problem. I have downloaded it and ftp the autoinstaller into my site but when I follow the instructions and typed the address into my browser it won't find the file. My provider is virtual free servers and OS Commerce was installed via Fantastico 1 click script. It was installed in a sub directorey called shop. Does' anybody have any idea where I should install this add-inn? Regards, Graham

Hey

I followed the steps as you outlined below without any problem, but when I went to my localhost site and attempted to use the express checkout option, nothing happened? Does this have anything to do with the cURL Program Location, which I left as the default /usr/bin/curl?

_ Kasey

Dear Kasey,

You quoted a post from me from 2008.

Are you asking me about the API procedure?

Leon?

At the bottom of /catalog/popup_image.php just BEFORE the </body> tag ADD this code:

<p class="smallText" align="center"><?php echo '<a href="java script:window.close()">' . 'Close Window</a>'; ?></p>

The forum screws up the code I posted, you MUST remove the space between java and script or it won't work.

Always backup a file before making edits.

Thanks for this, how do I add a font colour and rollover colour?

Do you know how could i remove or take out the part that says "your product has been added on (date)" then replace that with some text like i would like to say how much the postage and what warranty we offer, Sorry i didnt have much time to read all whats inside coz i have a job .. I would really like a quick link or reply about my question thanks. im really just starting to learn php so i dont have any ideas on this complex alteration..

Here is the sample of our link you could see it below

http://www.cameracentral.com.au/shop/product_info.php?products_id=136

Is there any people reading this forum??

my first question is in vain.

Another help i need how can i make different banner appear ea time the home page is refreshed . like excatly on the specials at the bottom left.. where can i set the pictures that will appear? pls help again!!!! SOS !!!

Is there any people reading this forum??

my first question is in vain.

Another help i need how can i make different banner appear ea time the home page is refreshed . like excatly on the specials at the bottom left.. where can i set the pictures that will appear? pls help again!!!! SOS !!!

Have you looked at the settings in the Banner Manager in the Admin?

Have you looked at the settings in the Banner Manager in the Admin?

yes.. i have a banner running but i dont know how to make it appear randomly like after you refreshed it the next new pic will appear.

actually i read this

My link

but it didnt tell you where to find this line ?

<?php

echo tep_display_banner('dynamic', '468x50');

?>

can you help me how to set all the pictures you want to show up..? and where excatly will i change this. (pls include the codes i really dont know anything about PHP) :(

You set up all the banners you want to appear on your site in banner manager and put them in a group called 468x50.

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

You set up all the banners you want to appear on your site in banner manager and put them in a group called 468x50.

HTH

G

thanks but as i have said i have a banner running and i know how to add them .. i just want them to multiple banner and ea appearing randomly with every page refresh.. as with the basic banner manager you could only add one and run 1 at a time right,..

thanks but as i have said i have a banner running and i know how to add them .. i just want them to multiple banner and ea appearing randomly with every page refresh.. as with the basic banner manager you could only add one and run 1 at a time right,..

i have read that making your banner dynamic makes it appear randomly.. now i got a new problem can somebody point me where can i find the codes when the banner is on the homepage like this?? My link

and also i would like to add a banner on the bottom of every product to answer my problem about the postage and warranties ,i tried to add the line for adding banner on product_info.php but i always get some error can someone help me which LINE i can put it all in just the LINE PLS

<?php
 if ($banner = tep_banner_exists('dynamic', '450x450')) {
?>
<br>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr>
<td align="center"><?php echo tep_display_banner('static', $banner); ?></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<?php
 }
?>

pls just tell me the LOCATION i know what will i do now..

im not getting any cool help from here yet.. :-"

Archived