• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How Do I ...? All the basic install questions regularly asked...

...and then restart your browser!!!

Took me an hour to figure that out. Values like default currency is kept in the browsers session and won't update until you restart the browser.

And I'll never get that hour back...

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was wondering if someone could help me understand how to edit the text on the checkout_success.php page.

The default text is "Your products will arrive at their destination within 2-5 working days", and I need to change the number of days. I've looked through the code but can't figure this one out.

Thanks in advance.

Sarah

Did you look in the language files?

/includes/languages/english/checkout_success.php

Would be my first port of call.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

I can download as No Compression (Pure SQL) and it comes down as a text file. Is that adequate?

Sorry but this is new to me :blush:

Yes

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

I can download as No Compression (Pure SQL) and it comes down as a text file. Is that adequate?

Sorry but this is new to me :blush:

Yes, that's correct. One note on this, however, as it recently had me tripped up. I just completed a site migration from one host to another. When I moved the database, since I didn't have phpMyAdmin on the originating server, I downloaded a backup of the database via the admin as pure SQL. However, when I tried to IMPORT that backup to the new database, the import failed because the file was too big. So, I created another backup as a .gzip and it imported without trouble. Just FYI if this is helpful. Might save someone the time I didn't.... <_<

The simple way to accept credit card is through Paypal.

I was wondering besides having to have a paypal account. Because, most people don't have paypal accounts only major credit cards.

Also, I need help in finding where I can edit the side box where it says shipping, & returns Privacy notice,etc. I need to change the conditions of use to say something else like for ex: FAQ. Please help. I would greatly appreciate it.

I was wondering besides having to have a paypal account. Because, most people don't have paypal accounts only major credit cards.

Also, I need help in finding where I can edit the side box where it says shipping, & returns Privacy notice,etc. I need to change the conditions of use to say something else like for ex: FAQ. Please help. I would greatly appreciate it.

People do not need a paypal acount to pay via paypal, or paymate.

If you want FAQs, there a a few add ons in the contributions area.

Otherwise, look in your includes/languages/english files.

People do not need a paypal acount to pay via paypal, or paymate.

If you want FAQs, there a a few add ons in the contributions area.

Otherwise, look in your includes/languages/english files.

Ok, thank you.

I need to promote my site any ideas?

Greetings!

So, i need to know how can replace the navbar from the bottom of header to the top of main page. I try to cut this part from "header.php" and paste in to "product_info.php", right under the "page heading" part. what i am do wrong? I need to know, please?

I have built an osc store with a dark grey to black background

The text on this shows up as white and so far it looks stunning

The problem I am having, is during a test order ( or any order ) the checout area shows a white panel background and of course the text does not show

How do I fix this please - I know it is in the stylesheet but I am unsure where

That link was confusing. Can you go to my website www.computerfunctionsonline.com/catalog/index.php and see what i’m talking about. I just want to change “HEADING_TITLE” on the Homepage. I went to all three (3)index.php and nothing happened. I really need some help with this.

That link was confusing. Can you go to my website www.computerfunctionsonline.com/catalog/index.php and see what i’m talking about. I just want to change “HEADING_TITLE” on the Homepage. I went to all three (3)index.php and nothing happened. I really need some help with this.

The reason you see "HEADING_TITLE" on your home page is because there is something wrong with its definition. The definition is found in /includes/languages/english/index.php. You can also add HTML and inline CSS there.

Hi,

I do not understand what's wrong with it. I wanted to edit the Editing Page Text. I went to Tools -> Define Languages -> Index.php but it shows me this error msg:

Error: I can not write to this file. Please set the right user permissions on: /home/lencia/public_html/j-online/includes/languages/english/index.php

I also got error when I went to the File Manager wanted to edit stuff... and it shows me the same error again.

What's wrong with it ? :(

Hi,

I do not understand what's wrong with it. I wanted to edit the Editing Page Text. I went to Tools -> Define Languages -> Index.php but it shows me this error msg:

Error: I can not write to this file. Please set the right user permissions on: /home/lencia/public_html/j-online/includes/languages/english/index.php

I also got error when I went to the File Manager wanted to edit stuff... and it shows me the same error again.

What's wrong with it ? :(

You have to set the permissions on the language files. You might be able to do this through your hosting company's Control Panel. Otherwise use your FTP program. Evidently the language files don't have "write" permission.

I find that the easiest thing is to just download the language files and edit them directly rather than using the language manager. Good luck! :)

Suddenly I cannot update or add new product images, backup directory cannot be found, modules such as payment and shipping are not loading, but the rest of the store seems to still function and look okay. It was working fine for months and I have not changed anything.

These are symptoms of an incorrect path to document root. Your hosting company may have moved your store to a different box during "maintenance and upgrades." You will also frequently see this if you are changing from SSL to non-SSL or vice-versa as many hosting companies keep the SSL and non-SSL on different servers.

If things had been working in the past, and you suddenly see error messages on the top of the admin screen telling you that images directory or backup directory cannot be found, check to see what the actual document root currently shows.

In the config.php file, look for:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/users/web/b1743/sl.kmbook/public_html/catalog/'); // where the pages are located on the server

Compare the file path shown there to what it shows in the admin.

Go to Admin, select Tools, then Server Info. Toward the bottom of this lengthy list, look for: Environment in bold type. Under that, look at: DOCUMENT_ROOT. This has to be the same as what you have entered in the config.php for define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT' and define('DIR_FS_CATALOG'.

I recently fought this issue for some time and found lots of others that seemed to be having the same problem out of the blue. As soon as I checked the server info I found that the path had been changed from what we had before with no notice from the hosting firm. Actually I found the hint to check the path in this forum from a five-year-old post. I've since lost the username that posted it, my apologies.

Hi guys,

Apologies if this has been posted in this thread before but I honestly cannot find it. I need to change the titles of my shipping options so that the options display as International Shipping and UK Shipping instead of Table rate and Flat Rate. I remember seeing the answer before but for the life of me cannot remember where!! I have searched through all my files related to shipping and checkout but cannot seem to see where I would make the changes.

Most grateful for any help.

Thanks in advance,

Michelle.

Hi!

Can anyone kindly teach me how to do this:

1st - under payment how can i change the wording i-payment to bank transfer?

2nd - how can i edit the shipping fee to inform customer shipping fee is charge seperately

Regards

Jamie

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me out a little. I'm new to osCommerce, and when I view my osCommerce site in the browser, at the very top of the page it says: Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/hetzel/public_html/shop/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

What do I need to do to get this message to go away?

Thanks

Archived