• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How Do I ...? All the basic install questions regularly asked...

Hi My name is Sue. I am a new member. I am nearing retirement and I am setting up my online craft shop. I find all of these items on this thread very helpful but..... When I find the file to change the text on the front page it is normally an application file and I get a little box asking me what program I wish it to open in. I have no idea. Perhaps you might like to take a look at the site and you will know what I need to change. The URL is www.crazycraftcubby.com.au. I thought that I was pretty smart getting this far but now I am stuck. Hope you more computer literate people out there can help. By the way this site is hosted by an external server if that makes any difference.My operating system is windows xp home edition.

Hello Sue

Aahem, you have a nice website but this is not built with osc , you have used a product called cubecart.

Not sure why your in a oscommerce forum, Im sure cubecart support forum would be better for you

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Jack,

I've been unable to locate the /catalog/images/ files because, they've been removed!! (I downloaded oscommerce as a 3rd party software) Now my hosting company wants me to pay $15 to have them restored. I'm thinking of downloading manually from oscommerce website, any tips? Please respond.

Thanks.

Adelle.

Take a look in the includes/languges/english.php file.

Jack

Hey Jack,

I've been unable to locate the /catalog/images/ files because, they've been removed!! (I downloaded oscommerce as a 3rd party software) Now my hosting company wants me to pay $15 to have them restored. I'm thinking of downloading manually from oscommerce website, any tips? Please respond.

Thanks.

Adelle.

Go to the above menu, Solutions->Downloads, and download the latest version of the package. Extract the contents and upload the contents of the images directory to the images directory on your server.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You're a star!! Thank you.

Adelle

Go to the above menu, Solutions->Downloads, and download the latest version of the package. Extract the contents and upload the contents of the images directory to the images directory on your server.

Jack

• 2 weeks later...
I am new here, I installed the OSC but Iam failing to change the Os Commerce Logo on the store what do I do? Help

Go to the beginning of this thread an read point 19.

Might be a good idea to read points 1 - 18 and 20 - ........

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Hello, where can be changed this: "Put here your Shipping & Returns information.", thank you.

I would have thought that it is like all of the language specific files, eg catalog\includes\languages\english\shipping.php

Hi Everyone,

does anyone know how to set the time to your own country local time

instead of the server's time or US time?

Thanks

Jacky

Searh the contributions for

server time zone

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

How Can I Gt INTO MY ADMIN PANEL www.donedelaireless.com

i keepputtinginmy user name and password but it still dont work what do have to do....

Are you putting in

www.donedelaireless.com

or

www.donedelaireless.com/admin

?

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

Ok,

I have looked through all 10 pages and done several searches.

As a newbie I am looking for category images.

I can reinvent the wheel but has anyone already produced several images for this?

Or if you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Doug

..I am looking for category images...

obviously you are speaking english, which i am not or not seem to be by some (i speak Esperanto or so it seems), but could you clarify what exactly you mean by category images? if you mean product category images then there is no universal category images as these would depend on the products. if you mean the cartoon-ish images that comes with stock osc, then few people use them on their live shops, and you can get rid of them very easily.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

Hi,

I am a new learner.

I just changed osCommerce logo to my logo. It's done without problem, the image appear at the top left corner.

Now I want to add other image on the header next to the shop logo with the position on the center of the header, but I don't have idea how to add extra image centered on the header. I did try but it was appear on the right side not on the center.

Could anyone help me please.

Thanks,

Hlee

I'm getting these errors when I try to upload a .csv

Easy Populate 2.76g-MS2 - Default Language : english(1)
File uploaded. 
Temporary filename: /tmp/phpVEARao
User filename: EP2008Dec08-2210.csv
Size: 10866

Warning: file(/home/d2/public_html/home/home/temp/EP2008Dec08-2210.csv) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/d2/public_html/home/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1069

Warning: fopen(/home/d2/public_html/home/home/temp/EP2008Dec08-2210.csv) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/d2/public_html/home/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1094
##Can not open file for reading. Script will terminate.

Here is a “How Do I …?” list for the basic questions that get asked in this forum. After spending a lot of time searching for this list, and realising that the same things are asked over and over, I thought I would put this list here with answers to make it easier for others to find!

8. … Remove / Add the rounded corners to the info boxes on the left or right columns?

Go to catalog/includes/boxes and open the corresponding file name for the box you want to change. Here is the code that will change this – look for the line that you have (eg left rounded) then change it to what you want it to be.

No rounded corners

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

Right rounded corner

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, true);

Happy coding! :D

Hi, I´ve done this, but now I can´t change the color of the corner, i can change the boxes header color but that corner bit stays with the default color. I´ve searched a lot in the "stylesheet_css" but just cand find were the code is :( .And this happens to all the boxes that I´ve changed the colors, they all have the corners in the default color... Please help!!

Thank´s a lot for your help...

Hi, I´ve done this, but now I can´t change the color of the corner, i can change the boxes header color but that corner bit stays with the default color. I´ve searched a lot in the "stylesheet_css" but just cand find were the code is :( .And this happens to all the boxes that I´ve changed the colors, they all have the corners in the default color... Please help!!

Thank´s a lot for your help...

If your oscommerce is NOT in catalog folder, ignore reference to "catalog" and use your own folder.

1. Inside catalog/images/ folder, copy pixel_trans.gif to ---> catalog/images/infobox folder

2. Delete corner_right_left.gif inside catalog/images/infobox folder OR rename corner_right_left.gif inside catalog/images/infobox to my.gif

3. Rename pixel_trans.gif that is now inside catalog/images/infobox folder to corner_right_left.gif

If your oscommerce is NOT in catalog folder, ignore reference to "catalog" and use your own folder.

1. Inside catalog/images/ folder, copy pixel_trans.gif to ---> catalog/images/infobox folder

2. Delete corner_right_left.gif inside catalog/images/infobox folder OR rename corner_right_left.gif inside catalog/images/infobox to my.gif

3. Rename pixel_trans.gif that is now inside catalog/images/infobox folder to corner_right_left.gif

Works great!! Just one small thing: now I got the corners in the color I want but they are not rounded :blush: is there any way to get them rounded, sorry to be such a pain in the rear... :rolleyes:

You helped me lot thanks Bryce...

Works great!! Just one small thing: now I got the corners in the color I want but they are not rounded :blush: is there any way to get them rounded, sorry to be such a pain in the rear... :rolleyes:

You helped me lot thanks Bryce...

Your initial post indicated you wanted to remove rounded corners, since you quoted "How do I ...remove rounded corners"

The solution I posted gets rid of rounded corners without altering code AND making the corners adapt the color set in the boxes header.

If you still want to have rounded corners, follow my instructions above but do the opposite.

Once you have your rounded corners back, try this to make the corners resemble the color.

Refer to these color codes to match the color you want.

Your initial post indicated you wanted to remove rounded corners, since you quoted "How do I ...remove rounded corners"

The solution I posted gets rid of rounded corners without altering code AND making the corners adapt the color set in the boxes header.

If you still want to have rounded corners, follow my instructions above but do the opposite.

Once you have your rounded corners back, try this to make the corners resemble the color.

Refer to these color codes to match the color you want.

Ok, sorry, my bad ;)

What I really want is to have the corners rounded and be able to change their colors as I change the box header color!

When I change them in the stylesheet, it changes the header color but not the corners, so I tought that it would be somewere else that I had to change the code, but apparently it must be a bug or so :blink:

background: #ff0000;

Is the background color of the heading.

.infoBox {

background: #ff0000;

}

Sets the line color around the box,

Here is were changed the color at the first place, just like is explained in the link you provided me, it was when I realized the corners problem and posted here for help.

Think I´m gonna keep the non-rounded corners :lol:

Thank you for your help.

Archived