• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How Do I ...? All the basic install questions regularly asked...

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do I get the order total to show up on checkout_payment.php? I would like to have it show up in the TD next to the payment methods. thanks in advance!

hi,thanks for the responds but i tried that already sooo manytimes and it's not working , is there anything else i can do i can't upload my logo or any header images for the category pages please help!!!

hello! i tried that and it's not showing when i download the file i see it but when i click to view the site i can't

is there anyone that can help me or do it for me pleaseeeeeeeee!!!

i tried everything

thank you i'll trully appreciate it.

I can't seem to find catalog/includes...

When I go into my file manager there isn't a folder for catalog...help?

Thanks,

Ariana

I can't seem to find catalog/includes...

When I go into my file manager there isn't a folder for catalog...help?

Thanks,

Ariana

Nevermind, I found what I needed. My stylesheet wasn't under catalog/includes/...it was just under includes. Crazyness. Thank you anyway!

~ Ariana

Does anyone know how to create an XML site map for an osCommerce site?

Download a program called 'GSiteCrawler'. it has all sorts of tools included which include sitemap construction etc and it is free.

Does anybody know how I can edit my .htaccess file please as I've uploaded a template that has no security parameters set for accessing the admin file which mean anyone can access it.

Thanks in advance.

I could not find the answere to this question but finally did so I am adding it here

How do I get rid of or change "Let's see what we have here"

Go to; includes/languages/english/index.php. Find the line;

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Let's see what we have here'); either delete the words "Let's see what we have here" so you can add another title later (leave the '') or simply change the words to suit you.

Jack

If at first you don't succeed.............................Cheat!!

25. How do I turn off the category count?

Go to Admin>Configuration>Show Category Counts, click on it to select, click the "edit" button, select false and click "update".

Quote from jhande to help me.

Remove category counts:

Go to your Admin Panel > Configuration > Show Category Counts = False.

If the catagory count does not clear, also try this;

Then go to Tools > Cache Control

You'll see a list, click on Categories Box then that little triangle under Action.

This will clear the cache of any previous figures.

I did not know this last bit so mine would not turn off. I thought I would add it here as it may help others.

Jack

If at first you don't succeed.............................Cheat!!

Ok guys, I'm a total newb at OSC...

I've read this entire thread and I still have a few questions:

1. I'm trying to change the title of the pages from osCommerce to the name of my store, but when I do this through the admin panel and change my store name, it does not change on the site, only in the admin panel. How can I change the title of my pages if this function isn't working, or how can I get the function to work... either one.

2. How do I remove the date information that says "Date Added: Friday 22 August, 2008" ?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hi.

I'm trying to add a new file in Information box, I Have Contact us, Sends, security and terms and conditions, Iwant to add a file called "About us" someone knows how to do that?

Thanks for the help.

Andy

Hi

How do i move the position of a box from the top to the bottom?

my code reads in /column left php:

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {

echo tep_cache_categories_box();

} else {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'categories.php');

}

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {

echo tep_cache_manufacturers_box();

} else {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'manufacturers.php');

}

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'whats_new.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'search.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'information.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'zzadsense.php');

?>

I want the adsense box to appear at the bottom of the list of boxes.

how do i do this?

www.mercurymusiconline.co.za

What page governs the categories that are displayed initially on the index page? I have run through the code several times and I can't seem to find the query for categories when the category depth is top. Can someone point me to where the category query lives on the initial page visit?

Hi ILLWEAR,

JUST IN CASE YOU ARE STILL WONDERING HOW TO CHANGE THE OSCOMMERCE LOGO TO YOURS.

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AND JUST LIKE YOU I READ THE WHOLE THREAD BUT WAS STILL UNABLE TO CHANGE THE OSCOMMERCE LOGO TO MINE.

THERE IS ONE IMPORTANT THING THAT EVERYONE WHO IS ATTEMPTING TO HELP IS NOT POINTING OUT.

I HAVE JUST FIGURED IT OUT, ALL YOU NEED IS TO MAKE SURE THAT YOU UPLOAD YOUR OWN LOGO TO YOUR IMAGE FOLDER ONTO YOUR SITE'S REMOTE FOLDER VIA FTP. THEN EDIT THE header.php BY REPLACING THE DEFAULT store_logo.png WITH YOUR OWN LOGO FILE NAME. IF YOU WERE WORKING LOCALLY, UPLOAD YOUR header.php VIA FTP AS WELL AND YOU'LL BE LAUGHING.

HOPE THIS HELPS

I can't find Includes either. It doesn't appear under Configuration. I don't know if My Store is in the root. I get to it with domainname.com/store/admin

includes directory if your store is in the root.

I can't find Includes either. It doesn't appear under Configuration. I don't know if My Store is in the root. I get to it with domainname.com/store/admin

includes directory if your store is in the root.

You store does not appear to be int the root. It appears to be in a subfolder called store.

try the includes directory if your store is in the root.

I can't find "includes" either. It's not in catalog and I don't know if my store is in the root, and even if it was, I don't know how to get to the root. Please help me.

For those with osCommerce 2.2 RC2a that are having trouble setting up Paypal Express in Payment Modules because you can not find out how to get your API's here is how it is done.

How do I generate an API Signature?

You need to have a PayPal Business account. If you're testing with a Sandbox test account, repeat these steps for your Sandbox test accounts and your live accounts. We recommend having a pen and paper ready, and opening a separate web browser to perform these steps.

Here's How:

Click the My Account tab.

Click Profile at the top of the page.

Click the Request API credentials link in the Account Information column

Click the Set up PayPal API credentials and permissions link.

Click Request API Credentials link.

Select API signature.

Check the Agree and Submit button.

Click Done.

Write down your API username and API password information.

Copy the signature and save it to a file or some other location. This is your API signature.

Leon Sargent

Archived