• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tag Controller V2.6.3 2nd April

I am working through the operating instructions and going to Admin>Catalog>Category>edit

I do not have any large box for category description.

The same is true in catalog>manufacturers.

Please could someone with a successfull instalation offer any help as to what the cause for this might be.

I have spent several days and reinstalls of this programme and I am really struggling to make it work.

also in Catalog>Category>Product I am receiving this error notice.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_products_head_title_tag() in /home/narnval/public_html/admin/categories.php on line 577

It sounds like it wasn't installed correctly. The missing function statement means your code cannot find some of the code that is added by the installation so, apparently, that wasn't added. For the missing box, that would be a mistake in the changes for admin/categories.php. Try using the one from the package to see if the box appears.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack

Thanks for your reply.

I think I May have the admin/includes/functions/general.php page incorrect.

Please could you have a look and tell me if it looks OK.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Did you search the file for the required function? if it isn't there, then read the instructions on how to add it.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Did you search the file for the required function? if it isn't there, then read the instructions on how to add it.

Jack

Jack

I have attempted to add the function but get the following werror message

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /admin/file_manager.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

Any thoughts.

You'll need to ask your host about that since it sounds like a server problem. But be careful with using the file manager in admin. If it is not patched, it will introduce error into your shop.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You'll need to ask your host about that since it sounds like a server problem. But be careful with using the file manager in admin. If it is not patched, it will introduce error into your shop.

Jack

Jack

Forgive my ignorance, but this is all new to me.

What does "patched" mean, and are you not supposed to use the file manager in admin.

For the longest time, the file manager in admin was broken. An update to oscommerce was finally released that fixed it. That update was called a patch, like you patch over something that is needing repair. If you don't have a version with at least the one patch for file manager in it, then you shouldn't use it. Unfortunately, there is no easy way to tell what version you have, short of checking your file.

I don't suggest using the file manager anyway, regardless of its state. Downloading the file, editing it in an editor meant for php and uploading, while it may seem more difficult, is really easier. Plus, given the right editor, you can see things that shouldn't be changed by using color coding, have your text spellchecked and format your html,among other things. There are several fine, free editors and ftp programs so that is the way to go, in my opinion.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons