• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Store Pickup v1.1 [SHIPPING MOD]

mattice

This is the revised version of Store Pickup 1.0 by Michael Halvorsen made to work with the new checkout procedure.

If you do not use the new checkout there really is no need to upgrade to this version.

It allows your customers to collect their order at your actual office / shop instead of paying you to ship it to them.

Direct link to the Download Section: Store Pickup v1.1

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

I'll post this here also:

I've been searching for the way to remove the automatic selection of the cheapest shipping method but cannot find it anywhere.

My problem is that people all the time accidentally let the store pickup selected even when they want normal post delivery. If there would be a way to force customers to select a shipping method by themselves they would read the descriptions and select the correct one.

So could someone with more knowledge help me a bit in this one

Thank you!

• 3 years later...

FM try this:

Go to Admin/Shipping and click to edit the setting for the Pickup Rate.

In the box for the fee write "NULL" instead of "0", it will process as a $0 fee but not as the cheapest module.

This way the Pickup at store will not be the default option.

Hope this work for you.

Doesn't anyone know how to disable the automatic selection of a shipping module... pleease!

• 1 month later...
FM try this:

In the box for the fee write "NULL" instead of "0", it will process as a $0 fee but not as the cheapest module.

I have the same problem and above suggestion doesn't work. I have set the amount to Null but still this module is always selected automatically. Does anyone have another suggestion?

Thanks for the help