• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem with Protx

desk2web

I've inherited an osCommerce installation and have been informed this morning that the Protx side of things isnt working properly. It would seem that the client is receiving and email from Protx which doesnt contain product details, this wouldnt be so much of a problem if the client was still receiving the standard email from the site detailing the purchase, but she's not even getting that now.

I believe the Protx system has changed, but am not sure how this affects this site having not been involved with it till now.

I really would appreciate some guidance on what I need to check (where I need to check) etc - if any kind sould is available to have a look at the site for me and fix the problem I may be able to get a few bucks off the client to compensate your time.

Here's hoping!

Thanks in advance.

Allan Young

I've inherited an osCommerce installation and have been informed this morning that the Protx side of things isnt working properly. It would seem that the client is receiving and email from Protx which doesnt contain product details, this wouldnt be so much of a problem if the client was still receiving the standard email from the site detailing the purchase, but she's not even getting that now.

I believe the Protx system has changed, but am not sure how this affects this site having not been involved with it till now.

I really would appreciate some guidance on what I need to check (where I need to check) etc - if any kind sould is available to have a look at the site for me and fix the problem I may be able to get a few bucks off the client to compensate your time.

Here's hoping!

Thanks in advance.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4026/

Thanks for the link, I just hope a quick backup and install of this will be all I need :S

I've looked in the folder structure on the site, and there is even a Protx folder of the site root - not something I've ever seen before - also the includes/modules/payments includes a protx_form.php file, and this contrib is protx_direct, will this mean I could install both just to see?

I'm in areal panic over this one lol as the site is live.

Thanks

Allan Young

Thanks for the link, I just hope a quick backup and install of this will be all I need :S

I've looked in the folder structure on the site, and there is even a Protx folder of the site root - not something I've ever seen before - also the includes/modules/payments includes a protx_form.php file, and this contrib is protx_direct, will this mean I could install both just to see?

I'm in areal panic over this one lol as the site is live.

Thanks

PROTX form is entirely different and I have never used it.

All I can suggest is that you install the one I directed you to.

1) It works superbly

2) It is supported superbly by perfectpassion

3) perfectpassion keeps us up-to-date with all PROTX changes.

Highly recommended.