• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Better Paypal Descriptions Modification

Hello,

I have "Paypal standard no login" and "Better Paypal Descriptions" installed. These were working great till this morning. Had a lengthy order and it cut off the order, so I don't know all that was ordered. Can I modify this so more information can go through upon checkout, when it sends order over to Paypal's page. Or is this a Paypal problem and I'm going to have to find something else to use? Here is how the cut off looks in case I'm not explaining it to well:

Flower Findings Charm x 2 | Small Charm Findings x 4 | Heart Findings Charm x 2 | Sun Charms x 2 | Mermaid Charms x 2 | Ke

Is there a way I can get more information than just that little bit that it allows? If not, can anyone suggest an easy way to use Paypal standard and no check out, plus getting the names and quantity of charms ordered? I tried to install the "order check" modification but that seems to require that a shopper has to have an account and I want accounts to be optional for my site. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

I put a bunch of stuff in my shopping cart then went to check out, here is a picture of how the order shows up and how it cuts off, so when the order comes to me from Paypal, the item description is the exact same. I circled in red where it cut off at:

problem.jpg

There's nothing you can do about that.

That is a restriction that PayPal has in place regarding how much data can be transferred from your shopping cart. I believe the cutoff occurs around 126 or 128 characters.

I feel your pain, though. I used to have Better PayPal Description installed, too, but...what's the point if PayPal is going to cutoff the order in the middle of a word or a sentence?

It looks bad...it makes the customer feel that their order is not being completely picked up...and the buyer leaves.

I abandoned that mod and now my PayPal invoices only read as payable to 'name of store'. Don't like that, either, but I do think it looks better than what you're dealing with now.

PayPal needs to get with the program. If Google Checkout can pick up the entire order, line for line, then so can PayPal.

You need Paypal IPN with the better description. Set the module to per line in the module and problem solved.

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

Which IPN module are you using Nick? I presume you mean...install one of the IPN payment modules AND use the Better PayPal Description contrib.

If it works...I'd go back to using Better PayPal Description.