• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

MODERATION ON Contributions!

jordi

Hi from Barcelona Spain,

From a long time ago, there are "stupid" people posting contributions with spam, virus, or blank packages.

Few examples:

SPAM: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,5375

Upset guy: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2097

Please make some moderation on contributions section.

If HPDL or wheeloftime want, I can do happily this work of moderation on this section for community helpness.

Lot of thanks.

Regards!

Jordi Oller.

My contributions

Regards from Spain! ;)

I agree, but I also offered to help with this a year ago with no response about it, seems for the better of the community a few of us trustworthy members should be able to moderate the contribution sections---better yet, make all contributions have to be manually approved before official posting takes place

I am still willing to help with this also

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

Currently there is 1 moderator listed in the osCommerce team info page , you might send him a notice when you see such uploads.....hopefully he is still active and can clean it up a bit....

Chris Dunning's profile on osC (he is supposedly the moderator for the contributions)

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showuser=26017

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

Currently there is 1 moderator listed in the osCommerce team info page , you might send him a notice when you see such uploads.....hopefully he is still active and can clean it up a bit....

:thumbsup: Chris has been VERY helpful everytime that I have sent him a notice of a suspicious contributions or one that violated the rules set in place for uploading contributions.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi from Barcelona Spain,

From a long time ago, there are "stupid" people posting contributions with spam, virus, or blank packages.

Few examples:

SPAM: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,5375

Upset guy: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2097

Please make some moderation on contributions section.

If HPDL or wheeloftime want, I can do happily this work of moderation on this section for community helpness.

Lot of thanks.

Regards!

Jordi Oller.

Jordi,

I can appreciate your concern as I share the same feeling regarding bogus contributions that clutter up the download section, but I just have to ask...Isn't your most recent contribution more of the same? Maybe I am missing something but the currency bug has been around for sometime as well as the official fix. I beleive that osC version 060817 and the latest RC1 (July 4th release) both include the official fix for that bug that appeared in earlier versions. Therefore, your contribution maybe redundant. Forgive me if I'm wrong or missing something here. :blink:

Your contribution:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,5378

Official fix:

http://svn.oscommerce.com/fisheye/changelo...mmerce/?cs=1585 or just upgrade to RC1 which already has the fix integrated into the osCommerce install (see [bug Fix] Currency Case Sensitivity).

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Bill...

First of all, the bugs section on oscommerce.com are deleted ! and I don't know where to find it...

Second, all the people that have online shops, don't have RC1 or 6.xxxx !!!!

Third... My intention is not to spam nor damage the community...

I only want to help ............................................................

Thanks for the constructive critics !

My contributions

Regards from Spain! ;)

I only want to help ............................................................

Thanks for the constructive critics !

I beleive you do. :thumbsup:

Don't take my comments above too personal. I just so happened to view your contribution and my first thought was that this bug has already been fixed. Then, a few minutes later, I saw your post about moderating the contributions section. I thought it was ironic. My comments were not meant to put you down but I guess it could be viewed as that. Sorry.

Oh, and I am really getting tired of seeing that Free Oscommerce Template spam every week! I share your frustration. :'(

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Oh, and I am really getting tired of seeing that Free Oscommerce Template spam every week! I share your frustration. :'(

it's time to setup a custom rss feed for the contributions and filter out 'Free Oscommerce Templates', shouldn't be too hard with yahoo pipes :thumbsup:

so if anyone has done this, let us know the url, so we can adjust our feed readers , thanks !!!!

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Archived