osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Quickbooks Merchant Service v1.0

MediaHound

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone have any luck getting the sale to show up in Quick Books? I believe all this contribution does is send the credit card data to the Merchant Service for verification and charging the cardholder. I had my client test, and the sale did show up on her credit card, but nothing in Quick Books for them to actually process and send to their bank account.

I hope I'm understanding how all of this stuff works, or should work.

Thanks

so then do you know where i might find the "Manage Merchant Service" might be in the menu system or do you know how i can make that icon appear in my toolbar like it is in yours? OR is there another way to "Login to your Intuit Payment Solutions Merchant Service Center"?? do you maybe have a URL i can use to do this?

so then do you know where i might find the "Manage Merchant Service" might be in the menu system or do you know how i can make that icon appear in my toolbar like it is in yours? OR is there another way to "Login to your Intuit Payment Solutions Merchant Service Center"?? do you maybe have a URL i can use to do this?

Did you figure this one out...?

s0nny

does anyone know if there is a contribution that utilizes the Quick Books web connector to have them sent to your quickbooks software automatically? My client currently uses GoDaddy's Quick Shopping Cart, and that has this feature. She has the web connector on her desktop, set up to run every hour to go out and get the payments from her Quick Books Merchant Service Account, so she doesn't have to manually go in and "capture" her funds.

thanks!

• 2 months later...

I have tried everything to get the Desktop version to work, but keep receiving the error:

An error has occurred within our system while trying to process your credit card. Please try this transaction again. If the problem persists, please call customer support to place your order.

I've tried increasing the Curl_Timeout to 15 and 60, but still nothing. Can someone help me figure this out?

If someone can help me get this working, I can pay. I have the module installed, App ID created, Connection Ticket, etc. I receive the generic error when I try to process a card. I upped the CURL timeout, but that didn't work. You can PM me here if you can help, just let me know the cost.

I am receiving an error. Did I do something wrong? Here is the error I am receiving:

Warning: Missing argument 4 for validate() in /home/content/a/d/r/adrenaline2008/html/includes/classes/cc_validation.php on line 16

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Slim

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
anyone have any luck getting the sale to show up in Quick Books? I believe all this contribution does is send the credit card data to the Merchant Service for verification and charging the cardholder. I had my client test, and the sale did show up on her credit card, but nothing in Quick Books for them to actually process and send to their bank account.

I hope I'm understanding how all of this stuff works, or should work.

Thanks

Did you get an answer to this? We are now in the same boat. Credit card processes okay but now how do we integrate webstore sale into QB? Is there some kind of Web Connector Tool that allows transfer of sale data in webstore to QB? And then will Get Online Payments or Get Merchant Deposits apply the credit card payment properly? QBMS Tech Support says it's not possible unless you use Homestead or maybe GoDaddy. I don't want to believe that.

Mike, good to see you on the forums. I have spent hours on the Intuit site, trying to locate the Quickbooks Web Connect tool, to no avail. I have messages into Sonny, IDNRyan, and another guy I found on the Drupal forums who claims to have done this successfully. For the life of me I can't understand why so many people here in this forum appear to have made the Web Connect Tool work in osCommerce, but have not posted a contribution or even instructions on how it's done. If I don't get anything back by tomorrow (Monday) I'm planning to call IMS Tech Support and get them to show me the Web Connect Tool download. Thanks,

I have tried everything to get the Desktop version to work, but keep receiving the error:

An error has occurred within our system while trying to process your credit card. Please try this transaction again. If the problem persists, please call customer support to place your order.

I've tried increasing the Curl_Timeout to 15 and 60, but still nothing. Can someone help me figure this out?

jscrilla, did you get this error message solved? I have everything set up, and am now receiving the same error:

"An error has occurred within our system while trying to process your credit card. Please try this transaction again. If the problem persists, please call customer support to place your order."

Could this just be that I'm testing on a localhost install? I'm using MAMP on my Mac. Does this need to be tested in a production environment?

Thanks for any help, anyone?

A client hired me to install this module and get it working. I installed it under the desktop model, and got it configured to the point where it will accept credit cards, and the credit card fee charges appear in the client's Quickbooks software. Also, the purchase amounts appear in the appropriate bank accounts, and apparently somewhere in the QBMS system which the client can log in and see. But the purchase amounts do not make it into Quickbooks. Intuit tells us that in order to make this happen, a Web Connect Tool must be running on the Quickbooks computer, and a matching Web Connector must be running on the shopping cart server. After reading this forum, I believed that intuit.php from page one of this discussion was that web connector. But now the client has installed the WCT Windows installer on the Quickbooks computer, and it's asking for an XML file that makes it look like I was all wrong about the web connector.

If I'm interpreting these forums correctly, no one here actually has QBMS integrated with Quickbooks to the point where these charges show up correctly in Quickbooks. I can't imagine a scenario in the future where I would ever recommend an Intuit product to any client, nor offer to do this again for any client at any price.

If I'm wrong -- if you do have a solution for this -- I beg you, write and tell me how I can get this integration done. Name your price, please. I can't promise unlimited money, of course, but if I can't afford your help at least I'll know someone was able to make osCommerce work with QBMS the way it's advertised.

Apologies for the rant. Thank you,

.....MontyMan.

Edited by MontyMan

• 4 weeks later...

I've gotten the module to work. We just manually enter the information in our QB file. What I'm wondering though is there a way to pull the Credit Card type, Name on Card and the Last 4 digits (the info that displays just before checkout confirmation) on the invoice on the admin side? I'd like to keep this information on file for our records since there's no way to pull payment info from the merchant services account (per QBMS Customer Service) So when we make our notes in the QB company file I'd like to have something there to reference that.

Would I have to create new columns in the database and somehow pull that info? I'm bad at writing queries.... Ha! So any ideas/help would be appreciated!

• 1 month later...

Using the qbms.php V1.3 on V2.2 I have only been able to get the "desktop" model to process properly. Intuit/Quickbooks has been as useless as a lead life preserver in a storm! The code "appears" to properly process a good transaction using the QBMS test servers--It took me more than a month of trying to actually get set up on the test servers. My confidence in this module is pretty close to rock bottom for the following reason. After getting a good transaction to process, I attempted to send specific strings as outlined in the QBMS Developer's guide in the card holder name field that are SUPPOSED to cause the test servers to return specific errors. After several days of trying to get this to work and ALWAYS getting back a valid transaction approved code, I concluded that there is an error in the process somewhere. Again a series of calls and Emails to intuit ended with a "we do not support your shopping cart" response. I explained that I was not asking them to support my shopping cart, but asking them to assist in determining why following the instructions in the developers guide resulted in results other than expected being returned.

I have run quickbooks for the last 8 years in my business. This total indifference to a customer wanting to give them MORE business has convinced me that there are other packages on the market that will fill my bill just as well as QuickBooks and, hopefully, these other software providers will be more open to customers giving them additional business and revenue. It is clear that Intuit does not want my business and I am going to act on the message I am receiving from them and take my business elsewhere.

• 2 months later...

This is taken from post #70 in this thread...

Squash the last post again, it would not let me edit again....!

What wrong here, it won't post correct

I had to drop off the https:// for the URLs or it would create bad links, so when you copy them to your address bar, replace it.

Hope this is helpful.

Use Quickbooks Merchant Service v1.3

Download here: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,5383

This set up is for the Desktop Security Version with a Godaddy Shared Linux Hosting account. I am not including intructions for testing, it created too much work, added to the confusion and found it was not usefull enough for me to use.

----------

. . . . . [CONSOLIDATED FOR READABILITY] . . . . .

That's it!

If somthing is not clear or find an error, let me know so I can re-word instructions or fix it.

s0nny

Are there any good concise step-by-step guides like this for hosted? I have a client in a remote location and I don't have a clue what the appeal is with QBMS but he's definitely set on it. So I'm stuck with this as my only option.

I'm using this guide, https://idnforums.intuit.com/messageview.aspx?catid=3&threadid=7743, right now to try and get everything setup, but it gets fuzzy around this area...

It will feed you back two certificates: 

CA Certificate – this is used by your server to verify Intuit’s server. It can be added to your keystore. Your keystore is a list of all of the certificates which your computer considers to be valid. On our Debian Linux box this is located at: 

/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt 

example (assumes you pasted the CA into the file /tmp/intuit.ca): 
cat /tmp/intuit.ca >> /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt 

Any help explaining this to me would be greatly appreciated. I'm guessing I have to SSH back into the server and run that command, but if I use the same directory setup will it work, or is this something I have to speak with my hosting provider about, and get it ingrated with them?

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone who has the Desktop Model up and running, do you experience the authorization request pulling the customer's account address/postcode instead of the billing address/post code? I'm getting pretty frequent transactions rejected when a customer does not enter their billing address as their main account address even if they change the billing address to their correct billing information. My QBMS module does seem to be coded right where it's requested the $order->billing['street_address'] so I'm not sure what the deal is.

Anyone have this problem?

• 1 month later...

and how in the world do i get my Connection Ticket?

did anyone ever find this out? I can generate my own connection ticket through desktop model, but I ha ve been requesting these tickets through the developers networ for weeks now and not getting one.

Is the connection ticket still required? Is this the one you can generate via the desktop software model? I have tried in vain for weeks now to get on at the developers network. :blink:

also, does the IP it is asking for mean the server my web store is hosted on, or my dedicated ip address? I don't host on a server here.

Edited by batgrrly1

• 5 months later...

Squash the last post again, it would not let me edit again....!

What wrong here, it won't post correct

I had to drop off the https:// for the URLs or it would create bad links, so when you copy them to your address bar, replace it.

Hope this is helpful.

Use Quickbooks Merchant Service v1.3

Download here: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,5383

This set up is for the Desktop Security Version with a Godaddy Shared Linux Hosting account. I am not including intructions for testing, it created too much work, added to the confusion and found it was not usefull enough for me to use.

----------

You do not need SDK, but read the following.

Tip from IDNRyan - Intuit Developer Network Forum: There are two potential SDKs. The QBMS SDK download isn't required to use it. It just contains the developer guide, some sample code, and some utilities. There is also a QB SDK. This isn't required to integrate with QBMS. However, if you want transactions to be sent to your QuickBooks software for later reconciliation, you will need to use the QB SDK. Chapter 4 of the QBMS developer guide describes this process. If your application is on the internet, then you will likely need to use the QB Web Connector, which lets your website send transactions to the QuickBooks software running on your computer.

URL: https://

idnforums.intuit.com/messageview.aspx?catid=50&threadid=10113&enterthread=y

--------

You can skip what you have already done. If somthing is not clear, let me know so I can

re-word instructions.

1) Install your files.

includes\languages\english\modules\payment - upload qbms.php

includes\modules\payment - Upload qbms.php

Next Step:

You should use your business email address.

Remember or save your login e-mail and password.

2) Sign up for QuickBooks Merchant Account: Call 888-535-5490 or go to

http://www.

quickbooksmerchantservice.com/services/merchant_service/index.php

Click apply online.

3) Sign up for QuickBooks Merchant Service for Web Stores: Call 888-535-5490 or go to

http://www.

quickbooksmerchantservice.com/services/merchant_service_web/

Click apply online.

If you already have a regular merchant account, just add the QuickBooks Merchant Service for Web Stores, best to call 888-535-5490 and have them add the service.

--------

Once you have a confirmation/approval e-mail:

Login to your Intuit Payment Solutions Merchant Service Center, check the Proccess with Web Store radio button, it should be on.

In your software, for example, I use Quickbooks Pro 2008 for PC, I connect to Intuit Payment Solutions by clicking Manage Merchant Service, then click Manage Merchant Account. On the Edit Processing Information page, the Proccess with Web Store radio button should be on. You can Login to your Merchant Service Center through your browser to check your settings as well.

--------

The e-mail, password and business information you used to sign up for your merchant account is going to be the one you use to register your application at Intuit Developer

Network (IDN) Site.

Use your business email address.

4) Register your company at Intuit Developer Network (IDN):

https://

member.developer.intuit.com/default.asp?fn=acctRegisterUser

After you register, close your browser.

5) Now register your application for QBMS with the IDN Application gateway.

Go to: http://appreg.intuit.com and login using your IDN login. It hangs a little, just wait.

Should say: IDN Gateway Application Registration

If not, close all browsers, then open your browser and do step 5 again.

6) Click the add button:

Should say: IDN Service Gateway Application Registration

Add the information.

Domain Name: yourdomain.com (I did not put the http://www.)

App Name: I used (qbms)

Applogin: This will be the app Name and Domain Name combined to enter in the admin section in osCommerce for the Quickbooks Merchant Services module where it says Application Login.

Application discription: (For example, gateway for domain)

Tech. Contact e-mail: Your business email address

Select: QBMS, Production, Desktop in the radio buttons.

Click Save and leave your browser open.

The Verification code will be sent to your e-mail. Check your e-mail, copy your Verification code, paste in to verify, click the Verify button, then on the next screen hit finish.

7) Lets get a connection ticket:

Navigate to: http://appreg.intuit.com, login and copy your AppID.

Replace xxxxxxxxx in the following URL with your AppID:

https://

login.quickbooks.com/j/qbn/sdkapp/confirm?appid=xxxxxxxxx&serviceid=1002

Then copy the whole URL, paste into your address bar, hit enter. You will open an Attach Applications page. Your business name should be there as well.

Hit Proceed to login page.

Login with your Merchant Account login e-mail and password, the same login when you signed up for QuickBooks Merchant Account, QuickBooks Merchant Service for Web Stores and IDN.

Next screen - click Create a connection, next - select the "no" radio button, hit continue and presto, your connection ticket. Copy it.

8) Go to your admin section in osCommerce, Quickbooks Merchant Services module.

Credit Card Transactions via Quickbook Merchant Services

Enable Quickbooks Merchant Service Module

True

Hosted or Desktop

Desktop

App ID =

xxxxxxxxx (http://appreg.intuit.com, login, copy your AppID, paste here)

Application Login

xxxx.yourdomain.com (http://appreg.intuit.com, login, copy your AppLogin, paste here)

Connection Ticket

TGT-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Paste your connection ticket)

SSL Certificate

Clear this field

Testing

False

Verify Credit Card with CVV2

True or False (I use True)

Sort order of display.

Payment Zone

--none--

Set Order Status

IP Address

Clear this field

------------------

9) In qbms.php

/includes/modules/payment/qbms.php

Find:

$QBMS_ApplicationPath = 'https://webmerchantaccount.quickbooks.com/j/AppGateway';

Replace With:

$QBMS_ApplicationPath = 'https://merchantaccount.quickbooks.com/j/AppGateway';

---

That's it!

If somthing is not clear or find an error, let me know so I can re-word instructions or fix it.

s0nny

s0nny you rock!

I follow step by step and after 30 minutes I had everything working.

Great tutorial.