• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ultimate Seo Category Urls not working

shelby72

My site was working fine until after my host upgraded MySql from 4.1 to 5.0. I'm not sure, but I think this is what caused my problem.

My category urls show up as http://zbookz.com/catalog/-c-86.html

My product urls show up right as http://zbookz.com/catalog/vampire-armand-p-593.html

I tried to download the updated version of seo.class.php ( Aug 23, 2007 ) to see if this would correct the problem, but when I try to install it I get the this error message:

Error

There seems to be an error in your SQL query. The MySQL server error output below, if there is any, may also help you in diagnosing the problem

ERROR: Unknown Punctuation String @ 1

STR: <?

SQL: <?php

define('USE_SEO_REDIRECT_DEBUG', 'false');

SQL query:

MySQL said: Documentation

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '<?php

define('USE_SEO_REDIRECT_DEBUG', 'false')' at line 1

Does anybody know how to fix my problem?

Thanks,

Shelby

You can try this version: Fixed seo.class.php jpweber 25 Nov 2006

I tried to install that version and I get the exact same error as before:

Error

There seems to be an error in your SQL query. The MySQL server error output below, if there is any, may also help you in diagnosing the problem

ERROR: Unknown Punctuation String @ 1

STR: <?

SQL: <?

define('USE_SEO_REDIRECT_DEBUG', 'false');

SQL query:

MySQL said: Documentation

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '<?

define('USE_SEO_REDIRECT_DEBUG', 'false')' at line 1

What does that mean and what do I do about it?

There are two different seo classes meant to fix that problem. Which works for you can depend on your setup. ou should try the other too. You may need to upgrade the contribution as well.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

There are two different seo classes meant to fix that problem. Which works for you can depend on your setup. ou should try the other too. You may need to upgrade the contribution as well.

Jack

Thank you both for helping me out. I managed to fix my problem with seo.class.php jpweber 25 Nov 2006 that you suggested. I have stupidly been trying to install the seo.class.php by importing it in MySQL instead of just uploading it with my FTP program. I don't know what I was thinking. My site is working properly now.

Shelby

Archived