• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

1146 Table administrators doesn't exist

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbee at this and am having problems that I was hoping someone could help me with. I did a default install of oscommerce using fantastico provided by my hosting company. I then put a template that I bought on the server and can view it fine; however, when I try to log into the Administrator portion of the site I get the following error:

1146 - Table 'db_osc1.administrators' doesn't exist select id from administrators limit 1. When I look at the database sure enough the table doesn't exist. Then I installed another default installation on the server to see what had changed and the table doesn't exist in this install either, but I can log into the administrator without a problem.

Has anyone seen this problem before? Can anyone give me some clues as to how to fix it. The template files are different than the default install.

Thanks in advance

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbee at this and am having problems that I was hoping someone could help me with. I did a default install of oscommerce using fantastico provided by my hosting company. I then put a template that I bought on the server and can view it fine; however, when I try to log into the Administrator portion of the site I get the following error:

1146 - Table 'db_osc1.administrators' doesn't exist select id from administrators limit 1. When I look at the database sure enough the table doesn't exist. Then I installed another default installation on the server to see what had changed and the table doesn't exist in this install either, but I can log into the administrator without a problem.

Has anyone seen this problem before? Can anyone give me some clues as to how to fix it. The template files are different than the default install.

Thanks in advance

Try this: go to: admin/includes/database_tables.php

Enter this: define('TABLE_ADMINISTRATORS', 'administrators');

did you install the sql that came with your template?

the admin must have a login page with the template

verify by seeing if you have a file under admin titled something like login.php

HTH

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

did you install the sql that came with your template?

the admin must have a login page with the template

verify by seeing if you have a file under admin titled something like login.php

HTH

Hi Rabbit,

Thanks for taking the time to help me out I really, really appreciate it!

What I did was this; I create a default load of oscommerce on my server, then just over wrote all the files in that folder with the oscommerce template folder.

The funny thing is this; the database created by the default load using fantastico really doesn't have an administrator table in it, and also doesn't have a login.php file in the admin folder, which is included in the oscommerce template.

The default load of the oscommerce system works fine without having the login.php file in the admin folder. How is the login being processed with the default load may be a good place to start.

What do you think, any thoughts?

:blush:

Try this: go to: admin/includes/database_tables.php

Enter this: define('TABLE_ADMINISTRATORS', 'administrators');

Hi cyberdentist thank you for taking the time to help me I really appreciate it. I'll give it a shot to see how it works.

Cyberdentist,

So I checked the database_table.php file and the statement is there in the template version, but the table in the database that was created by the default load of the OSCommerce system, isn't. The default load of the database_table.php file doesn't have this statement in it.

Everything works fine with the default load, so how is the login being processed with the default load. Login credentials on the default load seem to be part of the folder password protection of the hosting service as that is where the password and user id are managed. With the template there's a login.php file that then checks the oscommerce database administrators table to comfirm userid and password, but this table doesn't exist with the default load.

Maybe I need to removed the login routine from the admin folder and just use the server folder password protection, but I'm not sure?

What do you think?

• 2 weeks later...

chek thru PhpMyAdmin if the table exist.

If Yes then in database tables file make a proper define.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

I am having the exact same problem. On a clean Fantastico install of osCommerce there is no administrator table in the database. I really would like to know how the administrator is authenticated. I've been digging through the forums and can not come up with anything.

Archived