• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

buySAFE and PayPal IPN

DawnG

I recently installed a copy of OSC using Fanatastico on one of my websites and a mod called buySAFE was included, I've not activated it and have never used it before.

I prefer using PayPal IPN but for some reason it will not install on the site, the link appears in the Modules section in Admin but nothing happens after you click the install button i.e. you cannot get in to edit the settings.

I decided to use the regular PayPal module instead, and on a test run came up against some problems in checkout_process to do with the buySAFE module, once I deleted those areas the process works fine. Has anyone come up against this before, and if so is there a solution.

Ta x

I haven't. I have it working fine with PayPal IPN and Buy Safe.

Only one issue I have with Buy Safe is like Google they control the button being displayed so sometimes it shows on my page and sometimes it doesn't. They say they are doing testing to see if it helps in sales. Well then need to just quit messing with it cause it throws off my layout every time the buy safe button disappears.

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

If while installing a Payment module code is to be added to chekout_**** osc pages then these might conflict with other payment gateway flow.

So due care needs to be taken.Or You can place some condition like If $payment == Buysafe do this else go the way You were.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

You can place some condition like If $payment == Buysafe do this else go the way You were.

Can you elaborate on that?

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

Some payment gateways code are not following standard procedures as oscommerce would like them to.

so $payment->afterprocess or other functions like beforeprocess,process buttons etc are placed at different location in code for different payment modules.

This results in a fix for one but a bug for the other payment module.

To overcome this we can handle stating if ($payment == 'paypal') do this.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Oh I thought you were talking about Buy Safe. Buy Safe isn't a payment gateway, but a buyers insurance module that adds to the order total.