• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Prize Draw Competition help

Benjjj6

I think what this person is saying

what is confusing Screenshot-1.png

How would the customer know what the choices are to choose from

they need to know what A would be and what b would be and c would be.

I hope me and the picture explain it well.

thank you

Naomi

You shouldnt see the answers, but you should see:

Please answer the following qualification question

is it red // this was the question

Please indicate A, B, or C *

They have to search site for answer, as read at top of install.txt

They enter the answer in the box.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi guys ive just installed this addon, all the parts work except the part thats most important lol

theres no-where to enter the competition, all the admin sections work fine, and the info on the left bottom says enter to win, you click on that and it takes you to the competition page with the prize and terms etc, but at the bottom it just has a back button, now im sure theres meant to be an info box on either the left or right side bars where you enter the competition but i havent got either lol

so what have i dont wrong lol

right done the mod twice now just incase i missed anything the first time, this time i chose option 1 goto my shop and theres no info box to enter, and on the bottom left info box it says enter to win, click on that and it still just takes you to the terms pages, but no link to the competition etc.

Is it set so you have to be login in the config?

yes i have it set in the admin config section to only registered users can view, but even when im looged in as our test user i cant see anything.

already done all that as ive mentioned i have everything working except where to enter the competition.

i have the competition running etc in admin

www.jap-spec-performance.co.uk have a look for yourself.

right i got it to work it was because i never had any dates in.

now the issue i have is a date format problem.

i wanted the competition to run from the 01/10/2009 to 30/10/2009

now i know the coding is in american date layout, so ive tried it in both, when i try it in uk format it messes up the whole addon, when i set it in american format.

i.e

10/01/2009 till 10/30/2009

it says on the competition page that the competition will run till wed the 09 of december 2009.... when it cleary should be the 30th of october. whats going on with that.

Edited by Jan Zonjee
unnessary foul language

• 3 weeks later...

New version Prize Draw 2.1

Changes:-

Updated Set Up instructions.

Added code to include Entrants Name to winner email; and in admin email.

Added code to include Entrants Email address to winner email; and in admin email.

Added code to better format email notification.

If updating just replace: admin/stats_prize_draw.php and admin/includes/languages/english/stats_prize_draw.php

Hi was thinking it be great if we could have a an email entry confirmation.

When a contestant enters you could send them a confirmation email and pput on some products that you were promoting as well, or links to certain pages, like your specials/ featured or new products.

what you think?

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

• 1 month later...

I think what this person is saying

what is confusing Screenshot-1.png

How would the customer know what the choices are to choose from

they need to know what A would be and what b would be and c would be.

I hope me and the picture explain it well.

thank you

Naomi

This is the problem I have also.

I may not always be the sharpest tool in the box but it's ok to set a question that means they have to look around your site, but without the choice of answer for A, B or C it pointless as you are not telling them what A, B or C represent. How can this be amended.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I had the same problem jap-spec-performance was getting. Everything working on the back end, on the front end only the terms and rules are show but now competition page. I am using a STS template, I am not sure if this is effecting the output.

Please take a look calihype.com :

prizedrawbackend.jpg

competbackend.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi,

I have just installed this mod as I need to be able to run competitions.

Has anyone found a definitive way to get the answers to show correctly rather than just:

Question: what is my name?

Answers: A, B, C

These answers are added in the admin side, but not displayed to the enterant for them to choose the correct answer.

I saw in an earlier post a manual way of adding them by phpmyadmin, but this is not really a satisfactory solution.

Any help would be great thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

Anyone please?

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

Never Mind - I managed to sort it out.......