• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Prize Draw Competition help

Benjjj6

You should see

Prize Draw Entries

if not then go thru the instructions once again.

I'm going to have to re-install the whole contribution, I'll let you know how it went.

Brgds

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to have to re-install the whole contribution, I'll let you know how it went.

Brgds

You dont need to install the entire contribution.

In the instructions find the section relating to updating the reports. here is the section you should be looking at:-

9. Edit admin/includes/languages/english.php

Add the following code before the last ?> in the file:

// Prize Draw Report

define('BOX_REPORTS_PRIZE_DRAW', 'Prize Draw Entries');

define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_REFERRALS', 'Displaying <b>%d</b> to <b>%d</b> (of <b>%d</b> sources)');

// Prize Draw Report end

and

12. Edit admin/includes/boxes/reports.php

Find the Line

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_CUSTOMERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_REPORTS_ORDERS_TOTAL . '</a><br>');

And replace it with:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_CUSTOMERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_REPORTS_ORDERS_TOTAL . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_PRIZE_DRAW, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_REPORTS_PRIZE_DRAW . '</a><br>');//end contest mod

that should get you back on track. Please note these are ADMIN section files, ie, catalog/admin/includes/...... not and I repeat not catalog/includes/.....

Thanks

Johnny

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

You dont need to install the entire contribution.

In the instructions find the section relating to updating the reports. here is the section you should be looking at:-

9. Edit admin/includes/languages/english.php

Add the following code before the last ?> in the file:

// Prize Draw Report

define('BOX_REPORTS_PRIZE_DRAW', 'Prize Draw Entries');

define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_REFERRALS', 'Displaying <b>%d</b> to <b>%d</b> (of <b>%d</b> sources)');

// Prize Draw Report end

and

12. Edit admin/includes/boxes/reports.php

Find the Line

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_CUSTOMERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_REPORTS_ORDERS_TOTAL . '</a><br>');

And replace it with:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_CUSTOMERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_REPORTS_ORDERS_TOTAL . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_PRIZE_DRAW, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_REPORTS_PRIZE_DRAW . '</a><br>');//end contest mod

that should get you back on track. Please note these are ADMIN section files, ie, catalog/admin/includes/...... not and I repeat not catalog/includes/.....

Thanks

Johnny

Johnny,

You tha Man ! :lol:

It looks like I placed the

in the wrong place in the reports.php file

I will now test it intensively before I go live, but it looks great!

Thanks a lot!

Brgds

Small Craft

Hi All,

Sorry to be a pain.

I had the Prize Draw system working, however I've just cleared out the dummy data, and set up my own Prize Draw.

However, when viewing the prize draw enter competition page, customers are unable to see the options. They can see the question and enter the option (a,b,c) however they cant see the text next to a,b,c.

Any ideas?

Mike

Hi All,

Sorry to be a pain.

I had the Prize Draw system working, however I've just cleared out the dummy data, and set up my own Prize Draw.

However, when viewing the prize draw enter competition page, customers are unable to see the options. They can see the question and enter the option (a,b,c) however they cant see the text next to a,b,c.

Any ideas?

Mike

Hi,

Not sure about this, however there are only the competition.php files and the stats files that take care of this and they are unique to the contribution so unlikely to be them.

You would have had to setup a new competition in the reports box prize draw entries and complete the data, if the competition is showing but not the data you entered and thats not showing in admin.

Then I would look at doing the database step

Use your database administration tool and click on configuration_group and click on browse

Look under configuration_group_title till you see Competitions

Then look next to it at the number under configuration_group_id

Now copy that number into this line replacing the xxx

INSERT INTO `database name`.`configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES (NULL, 'Competition Answer A', 'COMPETITION_ANSWER_A', '', '', 'XXX', NULL, NULL, '', NULL, NULL), (NULL, 'Competition Answer B', 'COMPETITION_ANSWER_B', '', '', 'XXX', NULL, NULL, '', NULL, NULL),(NULL, 'Competition Answer C', 'COMPETITION_ANSWER_C', '', '', 'XXX', NULL, NULL, '', NULL, NULL);

Hi all,

I have this contribution running now.

I have a question for a change that I believe might be interesting:

When I select now in admin that the invitation box is shown, but that only registered customers can join the prize draw, than the guests don't get to see the prize draw invitation box.

I would like that in this case the guests do get to see the prize draw invitation box but that when they like to enter it they got first redirected to the login page where they can create an account and than join the prize draw. B)

Can some-one assist me on this?

Many thanks

Best regards

Geeraard

I have mine set to not allow guest, but they can read the Rules and it tells them to create an Account in # 3

3. To be eligible to enter the contest you must have an active account or create one with (My store name here) via My Account, (this is to help prevent spam bot entries.) All accounts remain active for 12 months before being purged from our system. All current accounts are automatically entered each month. No Purchase Necessary to Enter. After you login you will be able to view the prize draw information box in the right hand column.

You can change the text how ever it suits you.

Also note that My Account in # 3 is a link to create account. I'm working on some changes but in the next release I will underline My Account.

Edited by newtest

You can add underline yourself if you want in:

catalog/includes/languages/english/help_prize_draw.php

Find:

3. To be eligible to enter the contest you must have an active account or create one with ' . STORE_NAME . ' via <a href="create_account.php"><b>My Account</b></a>, (this is to help prevent spam bot entries.) All accounts remain active for 12 months before being purged from our system. All current accounts are automatically entered each month. No Purchase Necessary to Enter. After you login you will be able to view the prize draw information box in the right hand column.

Replace with:

3. To be eligible to enter the contest you must have an active account or create one with ' . STORE_NAME . ' via <a href="create_account.php"><b><u>My Account</b></u></a>, (this is to help prevent spam bot entries.) All accounts remain active for 12 months before being purged from our system. All current accounts are automatically entered each month. No Purchase Necessary to Enter. After you login you will be able to view the prize draw information box in the right hand column.

i,

Not sure about this, however there are only the competition.php files and the stats files that take care of this and they are unique to the contribution so unlikely to be them.

You would have had to setup a new competition in the reports box prize draw entries and complete the data, if the competition is showing but not the data you entered and thats not showing in admin.

Then I would look at doing the database step

Use your database administration tool and click on configuration_group and click on browse
Look under configuration_group_title till you see Competitions
Then look next to it at the number under configuration_group_id
Now copy that number into this line replacing the xxx

INSERT INTO `database name`.`configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES (NULL, 'Competition Answer A', 'COMPETITION_ANSWER_A', '', '', 'XXX', NULL, NULL, '', NULL, NULL), (NULL, 'Competition Answer B', 'COMPETITION_ANSWER_B', '', '', 'XXX', NULL, NULL, '', NULL, NULL),(NULL, 'Competition Answer C', 'COMPETITION_ANSWER_C', '', '', 'XXX', NULL, NULL, '', NULL, NULL); 

Hi I tried doing this, however its still the same... Really weird, I don't understand this.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

without knowing what it says in your database regarding the competition, and or the related files and whats shown on your screen I cant say for certain.

but the descriptive answers are stored in the configuartion table, you will need to make sure you have the correct number to replace the xxx with and you will need the database name for your shop.

The competition files show the data.

Provide us with screen shots of what you see on the competition pages in the shop and in admin.

Also can you confirm what entries you have in teh configuartion table that relate to the competition only.

Thanks

Johnny

I noticed if someone clicked on Prize Draw Rules from the signup page and then Continue at the bottem, they where taken to the default page, that being index instead of back to the signup page. I changed continue to a java back button.

I’m working on some other changes so just posting this here. And it will be added to next release.

In catalog/help_prize_draw.php

Change this line:

<td align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '</a>'; ?></td>

To this:

<td align="right"><A HREF="java script:history.back()"><?php echo tep_image_button('button_back.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BACK); ?></a></td>

New version Prize Draw 2.0

Changes:-

Changed continue button at page bottem to java back button.

Added code to show Model #

Added code to show Value (i.e.) cost in competition.php and help_prize_draw.php

If updating just replace:

catalog/help_prize_draw.php

catalog/competiton.php

This is a complete package.

Ideas welcome...

Hello!

I like this contribution but i have some problems.

(I use a 2.0 version)

If i try clicking on the add costumers button (in admin)

I getting this error message:

1267 - Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_hungarian_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '<>'

SELECT distinct(o.customers_email_address), o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.customers_email_address FROM orders o, contest c where o.date_purchased > '2009-02-25 00:00:00' AND o.date_purchased < '2009-02-26 00:00:00' AND o.customers_email_address != c.contestant_email AND o.orders_status = 3 order by o.date_purchased ASC

and...

When I click the subbmit button (in catalog competition page)

1054 - Unknown column 'competition_code' in 'where clause'

select count(*) as total from customers where customers_email_address = '[email protected]' and customers_id = '47' AND competition_code = '007'

[TEP STOP]

can anyone help?

Sorry for my english....

cheers

Edited by acidrush

Hello!

I like this contribution but i have some problems.

(I use a 2.0 version)

If i try clicking on the add costumers button (in admin)

1267 - Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_hungarian_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '<>'

SELECT distinct(o.customers_email_address), o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.customers_email_address FROM orders o, contest c where o.date_purchased > '2009-02-25 00:00:00' AND o.date_purchased < '2009-02-26 00:00:00' AND o.customers_email_address != c.contestant_email AND o.orders_status = 3 order by o.date_purchased ASC

and...

When I click the subbmit button (in catalog competition page)

1054 - Unknown column 'competition_code' in 'where clause'

select count(*) as total from customers where customers_email_address = '[email protected]' and customers_id = '47' AND competition_code = '007'

[TEP STOP]

can anyone help?

Sorry for my english....

cheers

:rolleyes:

Thanx to Newtest!

Can fixed the problems.

1. The install troubleshooting guide is fixed the problem.

2. In SQL changed the contestant_email to utf8_unicode_ci and looks like working.

This is a great contrib!

cheers.

Acid

Edited by acidrush

Hi!

I have a problem with answers.

Look's like something is missing.

When I create a new competiton.

I can give 3 answer in admin, but the catalog side in competition.php I didn't see the 3 answers.

Only the question are there! :blink:

You shouldnt see the answers, but you should see:

Please answer the following qualification question

is it red // this was the question

Please indicate A, B, or C *

They have to seach site for answer, as read at top of install.txt

They enter the answer in the box.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I´m using prize draw with great succes.

I have one question, when you pick a winner, and you email the winner, the admin gets a copy of this default email.

What i miss in the email is the winners name and so.

How can i get those important data in the admin email

regards,

Jan

Dreams can come true, if you help them a littlebit

• 5 weeks later...

I have been killing myself trying to integrate it into my template. I was curious if anyone may be able to help me with a slight problem I am having? I managed to get Prize Draw Competition installed and working. I just have a problem when I integrate it into my template. I was curious if anyone happened to know of an easy way to either use "includes" or just happen to have the code without all the tables in it? Or even a popup version that doesnt use all of the headers and such? I managed to get it integrated but it wouldnt accept the right answer and add the user into the database. I then tried the "clean" file and it was working, I then renamed my page to competition-custom.php and added the competition.php to the directory and that kinda worked, the only problem was I couldnt figure out how to link from the right-nav/box to the new competition-custom.php. Lastly I would also like to have the action=success page customized, what are the files I need to alter to do that? I know I am asking alot so if anyone just happens to have a popup version or a version with minimal tables and no headers etc that would be great. I have tried stripping them all out myself but I lose some of the functionality apparently. When I had it all looking great I lost functionality, when you entered the contest it wouldnt pass you to the action=success.

How do I remove the "Competitions" & "Prize Draw Entries" links and pages in my admin panel? I have removed all the code from all my php pages and removed what was added during the sql query I ran as well as all the pages that I uploaded related to the contribution. I messed up and deleted my back up files when I though I had it installed and working properly. Now I have removed all the code and sql but its still has those links and pages. As mentioned above it just doesn't look good in my modded site.

Edited by jester420247sl