• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

custom computer configurator

Aragon127

Cant say I have, but then I wouldnt want to.

Do you want to control certain aspects of what people can choose?

If so why not just use version 3, then control it all yourself??

CC.

Well, I am using version 3 and it works fine. Problem is there are a couple of fields I don't wanna use from my inventory. Namely, I have several cases that are sold without power supplies, some are sold with power supplies. So i've set it all up how I want, but I'd like to use JUST the motherboards from the store. I've copied some of the code from v5 and tried to make it work optionally with the database, or manual selects, but it doesn't seem to be compatible as the motherboard shows up empy no matter what anyone selects....

Did you get the recent fix??

Stephen released a fix that was actually stopping the motherboard and processor showing.

If you didnt get this then that will be why it doesnt show.

CC.

I am sitting all day and try to get this contri running and mostly its fine. But when I take it to the cart, the sum and the article shows up, but its not going further. When checking out I only have the shipping cost left over.

Any hint?

you can try it here: http://www.moddingstore.de/build.php

Its a life shop, so please.......

Besser heute als morgen......

Hi @ all,

I am working together with Gerhard on moddingstore.

I have checked the german.php, everything is fine and also the database.

When I check the table: customs_build i have an insert with my selection. The price is shown in the cart but no products are displayed.

We are using V5 of this contribution.

Anyone a idea?

Thx,

Best

Niels

Visit Our Onlineshop: www.moddingstore.de

You Dialy News - Tech Service : www.warp2search.net

Hi at all,

today I have checked it out and found the problem why we can not see anythink in the cart.

The SQL Statement of this contributions add new fields on the products table and this is filled with the customers data.

The shopping cart selects only the standart field, no customs computer parts.

The field price is the same,but that s the only one. And so we have only a price without products.

The main problem I see is: Does it make sence to put the customers selection into the products database? I don?t think so cause when you have a randomize script which shows you randomize products and prices it will also show "NULL" fields from customers selection and it will spamm the products table.

In which file the insert into the products db is running? I will try to change the statements without using the products table.

Best

Niels

Visit Our Onlineshop: www.moddingstore.de

You Dialy News - Tech Service : www.warp2search.net

just got around to reading this thread and i must give a few responses, first:

Does it make sence to put the customers selection into the products database?

yes it does because when the customer creates the computer it saves the information so that it can be sold as a product in the future, kind of a report i guess you can call it to see what your customers are interested in.

second:

In which file the insert into the products db is running?

if you want to mess with it that particular code is in the custom_checkout.php

third:

i am gathering that some of you are wanting to know why the parts don't show up on the invoice, well i just didn't do that, i have however created some code to allow you to view the invoice in the admin and click on the custom computer link on the invoice to see what computer parts are needed, in the admin/orders.php

about line 210 you'll see

for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($order->products); $i++) {

echo '          <tr class="dataTableRow">' . "n" .

'            <td class="dataTableContent" valign="top" align="right">' . $order->products[$i]['qty'] . ' x</td>' . "n";

add this after it

if ($order->products[$i]['model'] == 'Custom'){

echo '            <td class="dataTableContent" valign="top"><a href="http://www.snjcomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=19&products_id=' . $order->products[$i]['product'] . '">' . $order->products[$i]['name'] . '</a>';

} else {

echo '            <td class="dataTableContent" valign="top">' . $order->products[$i]['name'];

}

i think that was all i really needed to address, thank you all for using the contribution, and remember the new version is for the new checkout code, and if you don't edit anything and follow all my steps it should just plug in and go.

bye now

Stephen

www.snjcomputers.com

new design check it out.