• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UPS XML not Working

dubLeE

In admin when i want to edit the configs for UPS XML i get the following error shown above the module bar:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /home/***/public_html/collection/admin/modules.php(224) : eval()'d code on line 1

On checkout i get the following error:

Rating and Service 1.0001 0 An unknown error occured while attempting to contact the UPS gateway : Rating and Service 1.0001 0 An unknown error occured while attempting to contact the UPS gateway

If you prefer to use ups as your shipping method, please contact i-Design Living via Email.

In my emails i get the following:

UPSXML Rates Error:

Rating and Service

An unknown error occured while attempting to contact the UPS gateway
 :

Rating and Service

An unknown error occured while attempting to contact the UPS gateway

and also in email i get

Error from cURL: Error [60]: error setting certificate verify locations:
CAfile: /usr/share/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.crt
CApath: none

Here are my configs for the module:

Enable UPS Shipping

Do you want to offer UPS shipping?

True

UPS Rates Access Key

UPS Rates Username

UPS Rates Password

Pickup Method

How do you give packages to UPS (only used when origin is US)?

Daily Pickup

Packaging Type

What kind of packaging do you use?

Package

Customer Classification Code

Shipping Origin

US Origin

Origin City

Lutz

Origin State/Province

FL

Origin Country

US

Origin Zip/Postal Code

Test or Production Mode

Test

Unit Weight

LBS

Unit Length

IN

Dimensions Support

No

Quote Type

Residential

Negotiated rates

False

UPS Account Number

Handling Type

Flat Fee

Handling Fee

Enable Insurance

False

UPS Currency Code

USD

Tax Class

none

Shipping Zone

none

Sort order of display.

Disallowed Shipping Methods

No options show up here.

Shipping Delay

Email UPS errors

Do you want to receive UPS errors by email?

Yes

Time in Transit Display

Should the module display the time in transit to the customer?

No

Time in Transit View Type

How the module should display the time in transit to the customer.

Raw

this is the only thing holding up my site from being launched. i have no idea what is wrong. i even triple checked everything yet nothing works.

In admin when i want to edit the configs for UPS XML i get the following error shown above the module bar:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /home/***/public_html/collection/admin/modules.php(224) : eval()'d code on line 1

On checkout i get the following error:

i have no idea what is wrong. i even triple checked everything yet nothing works.

You made a mistake when installing this. Go back to the readme.txt and go over step 5 again.

The second error is pretty common. In catalog/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php you will find from around line 867 the following piece of code. Do what is written there (so remove the two slashes before that line).

} else { // default behavior: cURL is assumed to be compiled in PHP
		$ch = curl_init();
		curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url);
		// uncomment the next line if you get curl error 60: error setting certificate verify locations
		//curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);
		// uncommenting the next line is most likely not necessary in case of error 60
		// curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 0);

for the part in step 5, i changed varchar to text. do i need to change anything for the Length/Values settings? or do i leave it as 250?

i still get`"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /home/idesignl/public_html/collection/admin/modules.php(224) : eval()'d code on line 1"

so i'm guessing i do need to change Length/Values?

Edited by dubLeE

the rates now show up!!!

but the parse error still exists.

A database field of type text doesn't come with a value of length (perhaps phpMyAdmin shows you so, don't know why that would be).

The parse error will only go away if you remove UPXSML as a shipping module and then re-install it.

A database field of type text doesn't come with a value of length (perhaps phpMyAdmin shows you so, don't know why that would be).

The parse error will only go away if you remove UPXSML as a shipping module and then re-install it.

How exactly do you remove the UPXSML as a shipping module? I have the same parse error also. I removed the UPXSML file, then recopied it back over and I still get the parse error. The parse error went away when the file was deleted, but there were hardly any UPS options showing up. Thanks!

How exactly do you remove the UPXSML as a shipping module? I have the same parse error also. I removed the UPXSML file, then recopied it back over and I still get the parse error. The parse error went away when the file was deleted, but there were hardly any UPS options showing up. Thanks!

To permanently get rid of the error go back to the install file for the instructions. To remove UPSXML from the modules you do the same things as with any other module: click the (info) button and then click the [remove] button in the right column.

• 4 years later...