• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Telephone Order form

Hey guys,

Im pretty new to OSC and I have just started work on bring a clients OSC up to date (design wise) they have also asked me to look into adding on a telephone order page where we can manually input orders as we take them over the phone.

There are some limitations. For example it needs to be accessable by all the workers, which means it cannot be in the backend admin panel. Once filled in it needs to be sent to the processing order page, for the admin to process.

So my question is... Is there anything out there like this already? Or is this something i would have to have built?

Regards. :thumbsup:

No their is something like this out there but nothing that doesn't run outside the admin panel.

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

Hey guys,

Im pretty new to OSC and I have just started work on bring a clients OSC up to date (design wise) they have also asked me to look into adding on a telephone order page where we can manually input orders as we take them over the phone.

There are some limitations. For example it needs to be accessable by all the workers, which means it cannot be in the backend admin panel. Once filled in it needs to be sent to the processing order page, for the admin to process.

So my question is... Is there anything out there like this already? Or is this something i would have to have built?

Regards. :thumbsup:

You could install one of the order editor contributions that work out of admin and then install admin access to limit who can use it.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

No other way, every thing is processed through the admin.

You are probably going to need to hire a programmer to build you a third party app to ask what you are wanting to do outside of the admin.

Hope you have deep pockets because a project like that can get expensive as it would be a total rework.

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

Thanks for the replies,

It is important that you don't have to access the admin panel to get to the form as we what all telephone staff to use it but obviously we don't want them to have access to the main admin area.

Any other ideas?

by following jacks advice and installing an admin access contribution in combination with an order add/edit contribution, you can give the staff limited access to admin. ie. they can only see and add/edit the orders section.

problem with that is only one user can be logged in at a time even if they are on separate computers.

Scott,

Take a look at the "Manual Order Entry" contribution. You can make orders for new customers or add new orders for existing customers. Make sure you protect the admin file though. I believe theres instructions in the contribution that describe how to secure it.

Matt Mika

Installed Contributions: Multi-Stores, QTPro, CCGV(trad), Batch Print, EasyPopulate, Simple Manual Order Entry, Encrypting Credit Card Via Mcrypt, UPSXML, Down for Maintenance, On The Fly GD Thumbs, SPPC, SPPC Hide, and various personal tweaks

Keep in mind that will only work if you have order editor installed as well per install docs. It still requires uses to go through the admin though.

Sorry for the double post. Nick I tried the POS contrib and it seems pretty solid and i like how it connects too the osc db but the problem with it is that it doen't connect the orders to the db and there isn't a way of processing a card at the same time.

Im looking into the manual order contrib with admin protection now.

Cheers.

Keep in mind that will only work if you have order editor installed as well per install docs. It still requires uses to go through the admin though.

I mentioned the wrong contrib. There are "Manual Order Entry" and "Simple Manual Order Entry" contributions. The one I was referring to is the "Simple" contrib by Attitude. This contrib does not requires users to enter the osC admin area. The files are in the root catalog dir and I have mine protected by htaccess.

When you access the contribs admin page you have the choice to add a new customer or search by email address or surname to add orders for existing customers. Orders are then submitted just like if a customer made the order.

Matt Mika

Installed Contributions: Multi-Stores, QTPro, CCGV(trad), Batch Print, EasyPopulate, Simple Manual Order Entry, Encrypting Credit Card Via Mcrypt, UPSXML, Down for Maintenance, On The Fly GD Thumbs, SPPC, SPPC Hide, and various personal tweaks