• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

contributions install instructions.

marcel emmen

I was wondering why every contributions isn't setup as a install/change document, i.s.o php files. All these contributions are very nice but difficult to install if you want more then one. If change are made to two of the same files you a problem and have check every line of the code so that you know what to change without destroying the other contributions.

Maybe a idea for al of us. This make live less complicated

Marcel

Albundy

You right it's not difficult to install a contribution. But what if you want to install 4,5 or 6 contributions? if you don't look out, one contribution over rules the other because they use the same files. With a small file it's easy to find the differents but with large files it's getting more complicated.

I use also DBman a perl/cgi database script. This database has lots of contributions cq addon's. All addon's have a detail discription what has to be change in the files. It's more work to make the change but less complicated if you have more addon's because you know where to look.

It was just a idea not a must.

Marcel

yes i am about to install 2.2CVS and and wondering the same thing.

even more so...some of the contributions were built months ago...how do people manage installs on these without messing up months of CVS updates?

YOu get the snapshot, keep a clean copy, install one mod, make sure it works then go on to the other. If you give it a little time it is fairly easy to install 10 or more mods without too much hassles.

Just read the files and pay attention to what you do and make notations of where you made changes