• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Download Based on Selected Option?

dealwititp

Hi,

Does anyone know of a contribution that would allow a customer to choose a format option on the product info page that would show up as a download at the end of the sale?

For instance, if the product is software for Mac or PC, the customer who chooses the PC version would see a link to download this format at the end of sale.

Another example might be an audio download that is available as either an mp3 or wav file.

I've installed the Downloads Controller contribution, but it does seem to do all that I'm looking for.

Thanks for your help.

Walt

Hi,

Does anyone know of a contribution that would allow a customer to choose a format option on the product info page that would show up as a download at the end of the sale?

For instance, if the product is software for Mac or PC, the customer who chooses the PC version would see a link to download this format at the end of sale.

Another example might be an audio download that is available as either an mp3 or wav file.

I've installed the Downloads Controller contribution, but it does seem to do all that I'm looking for.

Thanks for your help.

Walt

I figured out the answer to this question as soon as I hit the post comment button. All I need to do is create a product attribute for each format and assign a different download file to that attribute. The download module will deliver the selected format.