• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Error on new install load - Unable to determine the page link...

Graphicpoet

Hello All,

I have everything in place to go... one small detail however has me stumped. I uploaded a old store with a clean configure.php and all. Now for some reason THE site loads with the message....

ERROR

Unable to determine the page link!

any ideas ?

THanks the poet...

Hello All,

I have everything in place to go... one small detail however has me stumped. I uploaded a old store with a clean configure.php and all. Now for some reason THE site loads with the message....

ERROR

Unable to determine the page link!

any ideas ?

THanks the poet...

Disable the "Use Search Engine Friendly URLs" option if you currently have it enabled.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Disable the "Use Search Engine Friendly URLs" option if you currently have it enabled.

Hey thanks ... I do believe that i turned that on.... but at the cost of sounding really DUMMYFIED.... how do I turn it off....??

THanks

The poet

Hey thanks ... I do believe that i turned that on.... but at the cost of sounding really DUMMYFIED.... how do I turn it off....??

THanks

The poet

Sure,

Log into your admin and select "configuration", then "My Store", then scroll down till you find the option. Change to False.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

So what exactly is it supposed to accomplish? I mean smart url's sound like a good idea, but it did the same thing to my site. What's the use?

So what exactly is it supposed to accomplish? I mean smart url's sound like a good idea, but it did the same thing to my site. What's the use?

:thumbsup: Well, for one it states that it is still in development so that would be a word to the wise. Some feel this helps in search engine rankings but that is based on old technologies.

If you absolutely feel you need this feature, I would try one of the SEO contributions that are available.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Bill is correct. The fact that osCommerce MS2 was released 4 years ago with the text "still in development" next to that feature, and it's still there, should tell you something.

There is no benefit in splitting up parts of the pathway with forward slashes - that's so out of date.

If your site is hosted on an Apache server then use Ultimate SEO URL's by Chemo

Vger

Archived