• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Offical Google Checkout module for osCommerce Support Thread

Silverado05

I just tried installing the official 1.5 (upgrade from 1.45) because I started having problems with the responsehandler file. I can't get anything on the admin side to work. I had to increase the memory size for php to 128M just to get the google_xml_builder.php to run to completion (it takes 15-20 seconds running from command line) but when I try to go to orders.php from the web it takes forever (again running the google_xml_builder.php file) then just gives me a blank page.

I've got 100k+ products on the site, and the products-static file it generates is 120+mb. Where do I modify the code to get it to stop this? I can't even get into the admin side to configure the module.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do I disable regular Check Out Button? and leave only Google Check out button?

Can oscommerce be setup with accepting google checkout using credit card information thats been typed in on website? I am only using google checkout now. I know this has worked on another website, but can not contact programmer. I am using v1.5_rc1.

I am running rc2a and have installed ver 1.4.5_ccs - 09/27/2007

As per the read me instructions at step 3, I entered http://domain-name/googlecheckout/responaehandler.php and enter. I get a popup window asking for password and id. This is what it ask:

The server brs-giftshop.com at GoogleCheckout PHPSample Code requires a username and password.

Warning: This server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner (basic authentication without a secure connection).

What is this referring to? MY admin, cpanel or what? Now I did try using info fro my google accounts. When i enter that info I get this error messaage:

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/XXXX/XXXXXX/includes/application_top.php on line 312

This is what line 312 contains:

$navigation->add_current_page();

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Bennett

Hi all

I have a bit of a problem with this module, I have it installed and working nearly correctly. I can order somthing and pay via google with no problems, the communication comes back to OSC and the order shows in admin, however if a customer orders more than one item, in orders.php I can only see the first item but the total price shows the cost of the entire order.

I dont help with templates (thats what the seller is for)

th search function will often help, when it dont try this in google.

site:http://www.oscommerce.com/forums then your search word

Just an idea, and i don't know if this has been done before. But at the moment i have the google contrib installed. What happens is in shopping_cart.php i get two options either to go through normal checkout or pay through google checkout. If i select to go through the normal checkout it takes me to checkout_confirmation.php where i can select google checkout as my only payment option, and the shipping gets calculated. Then when i hit confirm order it takes me back to shopping_cart.php. I then hit google checkout and it has my shipping calculations added. I think?

If so i was thinking that if checkout_confirmation.php could send me to a different page ie shopping_cart2.php then on that page i could remove the normal checkout button, and the only option would be to pay via google checkout, which would then add my calculated shipping. I could then remove googloe checkout from the normal shopping_cart.php, so that people would need to to register and checkout in the normal way, with shipping calculated, and the final step would be to pay through google checkout.

That seems pretty simple, but am i way off here??

Thanks

I went through in checking if something was missed or what. I open FF and entered http://domain-name.com/googlecheckout/responsehandler.php and entered. Then I see a see a popup "Authentication Required" window. It reads as this:

a username and password are being requested by http:// domain-name.com. This site says: "GoogleCheckout PHPSampleCode"

I have tried different passwords, but noting works. I have entered info using my info for my admin side, cpanel, and google accounts.

No instructions says to try this first before going any futher. Now my googlecheckout is in installed at admin -> module -> payment. But no settings is in there yet. So am I to bypass instructions for a bit to enter this info then do the test?

Bennett

Hope someone is still around here, for I see no entries since November 2.

I did emimate the the window asking for id and password. Now when I enter http://brs-giftshop.com/googlecheckout/responsehandler.php in borwser window, I get an internal server error.

Even though the full path is set in admin/htaccess.php - /home/XXXX/public_html/googlecheckout

But maybe, could it be that my admin has been renamed to XXXXX. So what file do I need to change admin to XXXXX?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi i have v1.5 and it works fine but my orders.php page takes 20 to 30 sec to load anyone else have this problem or know how i can fix this asap thanks

I just tried installing the official 1.5 (upgrade from 1.45) because I started having problems with the responsehandler file. I can't get anything on the admin side to work. I had to increase the memory size for php to 128M just to get the google_xml_builder.php to run to completion (it takes 15-20 seconds running from command line) but when I try to go to orders.php from the web it takes forever (again running the google_xml_builder.php file) then just gives me a blank page.

I've got 100k+ products on the site, and the products-static file it generates is 120+mb. Where do I modify the code to get it to stop this? I can't even get into the admin side to configure the module.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I think this is the most complicated contribution I have ever tried to install. It took me three installs to get it working and I still have a few bugs. I was hoping someone who had Google Checkout installed correctly could check something for me. I set up the merchant calculated shipping last night and it worked great but when I try to set the default merchant calculations in the modules->payment->googlcheckout configuration, it doesn't save them. All other changes I make in the configuration area work fine except the merchant calculations default values. I looked in the database and I think I found where they are supposed to be saved to but the table was empty. I think it is supposed to save it to the MERCHANT_CALCULATED_SHIPPING in the google_configuration table. Mine is blank. Is yours? If not, what is in it?

The only other problem I have is that I don't receive notifications from OSc when a google checkout order is placed. I receive all the google emails just fine but not any emails from my store. And I have the box checked to send them in the google configuration area. I have no idea what is causing this. If I can get these two things working, everything will be fixed!

Any ideas would be appreciated! Thank you.

Brent

• 1 month later...

This contribution has been tough. I think I have it dialed except for one bug.

At the "admin/modules.php?set=payment" page I get an error that prevents the page from loading completely.

The error is "Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class googlecheckout in .../store/includes/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php on line 31"

I have looked everywhere and cannot find another googlecheckout class on the page or in any includes. I have seen similar issues in the forum but none have been resolved.

Anyone know where to look?

Thanks

Mike

Hello all,

I think this is the most complicated contribution I have ever tried to install. It took me three installs to get it working and I still have a few bugs. I was hoping someone who had Google Checkout installed correctly could check something for me. I set up the merchant calculated shipping last night and it worked great but when I try to set the default merchant calculations in the modules->payment->googlcheckout configuration, it doesn't save them. All other changes I make in the configuration area work fine except the merchant calculations default values. I looked in the database and I think I found where they are supposed to be saved to but the table was empty. I think it is supposed to save it to the MERCHANT_CALCULATED_SHIPPING in the google_configuration table. Mine is blank. Is yours? If not, what is in it?

The only other problem I have is that I don't receive notifications from OSc when a google checkout order is placed. I receive all the google emails just fine but not any emails from my store. And I have the box checked to send them in the google configuration area. I have no idea what is causing this. If I can get these two things working, everything will be fixed!

Any ideas would be appreciated! Thank you.

Brent

I am having the exact same problem (highlighted in bold). The changed default value won't save. Any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...

I searched first and there was not an answer given. I have this error when trying to navigate the responsehandler.php.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CASE in /home/jscb/public_html/letsroll/catalog/googlecheckout/responsehandler.php on line 710

On the contribution download page, someone suggested adding one piece of code to line 709. That code was already on 709. Please help!

I just found this, about downloading directly from google. Is this my only option? I hope not, I have site backed up, but I dont like that route. If that is my only option, which version am i supposed to use? The newest version doesnt have any comments about osc. http://code.google.com/p/google-checkout-oscommerce/downloads/list

Edited by dcrider1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - I've posted this elsewhere and searched the forum, but haven't found an answer yet.

I thought I have successfully installed the GoogleCheckout module since it displays correctly in the admin side, however the site is now doing some odd things. I am wondering if the addition of the OnePage Checkout Module is causes some errors or if I have just missed something in the setup (I'm a novice at this).

#1 - when I go to add an item to the cart or check the contents of the shopping cart it just shows a blank page. If I hit the back button in the browser though it has added the item to the shopping cart when I go to checkout.

#2 - when I go to checkout it doesn't show the GC as a payment option.

#3 - when I go to sign into the My Account page it shows the GC logo at the bottom. When I click on it I get redirected to the GC checkout page and my item is in the cart and I'm all set to checkout!

So to sum it up: can anyone help me with why it shows a blank page for the shopping cart contents and why it won't automatically direct the customer to the GC page during checkout?

Thanks

Liz

I am having the following error after manually installing Google Checkout v1.5_rc1:

Warning: googlecheckout::require_once(//includes/languages/english/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php) [function.googlecheckout-require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/some path/includes/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php on line 50

Fatal error: googlecheckout::require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '//includes/languages/english/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/some path/includes/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php on line 50

I am using osCommerce 2.2 RC 2a with a STS template. Already searched many forums this week and tried several things with no luck.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

D.

Edited by bluecoral

I have fixed all the previous errors by changing "DIR_FS_CATALOG" to the absolute path on all the Google files.

Before: require_once(DIR_FS_CATALOG . '/googlecheckout/library/configuration/google_configuration.php');

After: require_once('/home/content/your_path/html/catalog/googlecheckout/library/configuration/google_configuration.php');

Now another error shows up on the shopping_cart.php Google Checkout is the root canal of osCommerce payments... <_<

* DIR_FS_CATALOG and DIR_WS_MODULES may be wrong configured in includes/configure.php file. This dir doens't exists: /includes/modules/shipping/

Thanks in advance!

D.

Fixed the previous error by changing the path on the includes/configure.php file:

File location:

catalog/includes/configure.php

Find:

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

Change to:

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', '/home/content/your_path/html/catalog/includes/modules/');

:)

Blue Coral, thanks for coming back and posting your solution. I don't have this problem, but I wish everyone would return to post their solutions.

My experience relates to osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2

I don't fully understand your problem, but it may help you to realize that Googles selling point to the buyer is that you don't need to create an account at the website, you just add to cart, then procede to login at Google Checkout. Once the buyer logs into your site, Google is unavailable. I suppose this is to protect their business model and it's probably not a problem because regular users of Google know this. While testing every angle, you're doing something a regular Google shopper wouldn't do. First time Google Checkout user? Well, I guess they're screwed until they figure it out.

My experience relates to osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2

I am having the following error after manually installing Google Checkout v1.5_rc1:

Warning: googlecheckout::require_once(//includes/languages/english/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php) [function.googlecheckout-require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/some path/includes/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php on line 50

Fatal error: googlecheckout::require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '//includes/languages/english/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/some path/includes/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php on line 50

I am using osCommerce 2.2 RC 2a with a STS template. Already searched many forums this week and tried several things with no luck.

Thanks in advance!

D.

This error can be solved faster changing one line on the configure.php file:

Find in the file catalog/includes/configure.php

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . '/');

Change to:

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/content/your_path_here/html/catalog/');

Just remember to use the correct permissions on the configure.php file.

D.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all

I have looked around and haven't seen a resent thread on this. It seems that MVS and Google Checkout don't want to work together. I have tried installing one and then the other and vice versa. They both seem to want to occupy the same areas of code. Where one wants a line removed the other wants to insert itself between those lines. When I have tried to move them around all I get is one working or the other. I need MVS and I can live without GC but I would like both if possible.

Hello all

I have looked around and haven't seen a resent thread on this. It seems that MVS and Google Checkout don't want to work together. I have tried installing one and then the other and vice versa. They both seem to want to occupy the same areas of code. Where one wants a line removed the other wants to insert itself between those lines. When I have tried to move them around all I get is one working or the other. I need MVS and I can live without GC but I would like both if possible.

MVS and Googlecheckout are incompatible together, you've got to choose one or the other.

Hi - I've posted this elsewhere and searched the forum, but haven't found an answer yet.

I thought I have successfully installed the GoogleCheckout module since it displays correctly in the admin side, however the site is now doing some odd things. I am wondering if the addition of the OnePage Checkout Module is causes some errors or if I have just missed something in the setup (I'm a novice at this).

#1 - when I go to add an item to the cart or check the contents of the shopping cart it just shows a blank page. If I hit the back button in the browser though it has added the item to the shopping cart when I go to checkout.

#3 - when I go to sign into the My Account page it shows the GC logo at the bottom. When I click on it I get redirected to the GC checkout page and my item is in the cart and I'm all set to checkout!

So to sum it up: can anyone help me with why it shows a blank page for the shopping cart contents and why it won't automatically direct the customer to the GC page during checkout?

Thanks

Liz

If I were you, I'd do a re-install of the whole thing without the OnePage Checkout Module. You missed a step or several steps, its hard to say. Once you have a working version of google checkout, then add the OnePage Checkout Module. Do a backup before you attempt to modify it.

Edited by speed777

Hello,

I have uploaded the files for Google Checkout all fine.

But I cannot see in the payment modules section in the admin pages.

What could the problem be?

Thanks