Offical Google Checkout module for osCommerce Support Thread

Silverado05

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS WAS RESOLVED! THANK YOU!

Hi Chris,

Although it says this problem was solved, id still like to know how you did it because i cant seem to find the right answer somehow.

2 days ago i had exactly the same problem you had. I got help from someone at the googlecheckout forum but just spend hours doing stuff that was'nt helpfull.

Then i also changed de $language to english and the admin part worked and then i couldnt see any other modules....

How did you solve this???

Thanks rhodo

You have to enter your Sandbox Merchant ID & Sandbox Merchant Key in the googlecheckout module, as well the Production Merchant ID & Production Key, then you set up an .htpasswd file with the same ID's. If you don't know how to do this, go to your server panel and choose 'Password Protect Directories'. Enter the same information as in the googlecheckout module using the merchant & sandbox ID's as the usernames and the Keys as the passwords. You want to make sure that not accessible to the public too, not in your google checkout folder. If you set it up in your server panel, this will be done automatically for you.

Ok, I completed these steps. And the .htpasswd file exists with the correct information.

However, now on the Shopping Cart, the Google Icon has changed to "Buy Now" instead of "Google Checkout"... ???

Hi Chris,

Although it says this problem was solved, id still like to know how you did it because i cant seem to find the right answer somehow.

2 days ago i had exactly the same problem you had. I got help from someone at the googlecheckout forum but just spend hours doing stuff that was'nt helpfull.

Then i also changed de $language to english and the admin part worked and then i couldnt see any other modules....

How did you solve this???

Thanks rhodo

Hi, to resolve this, I uninstalled the version I originally installed from the Google thread. And used the v2 Full package install from the osCommerce site.

That seemed to solve the problem.

Ok, I completed these steps. And the .htpasswd file exists with the correct information.

However, now on the Shopping Cart, the Google Icon has changed to "Buy Now" instead of "Google Checkout"... ???

This is what you should have in your shopping_cart.php:

<tr>

<td>

<?php

// ** GOOGLE CHECKOUT **

// Checks if the Google Checkout payment module has been enabled and if so

// includes gcheckout.php to add the Checkout button to the page

if (defined('MODULE_PAYMENT_GOOGLECHECKOUT_STATUS') && MODULE_PAYMENT_GOOGLECHECKOUT_STATUS == 'True') {

include_once('googlecheckout/gcheckout.php');

}

// ** END GOOGLE CHECKOUT **

?>

</td>

</tr>

I figured it out for anyone who is interested.

catalog/includes/languaguages/english/shopping_cart.php

define('TEXT_ALTERNATIVE_CHECKOUT_METHODS', '- Or use -');

just remove it from there :)

thanks anyhow ... also i saw someone on here had a problem when they hit the google checkout button it just seems to refresh the page .. anyone else had this problem?

Many thanks

If you do not have this in the shopping_cart.php file described above.

It can also be found at:

catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php (LINE 26)

Hope this help others out.

This is what you should have in your shopping_cart.php:

<tr>

<td>

<?php

// ** GOOGLE CHECKOUT **

if (defined('MODULE_PAYMENT_GOOGLECHECKOUT_STATUS') && MODULE_PAYMENT_GOOGLECHECKOUT_STATUS == 'True') {

}

?>

</td>

</tr>

Yep, this is what I have:

<tr>

<td>

<?php

// ** GOOGLE CHECKOUT **

}

?>

</td>

</tr>

You can see that the Buy Now button is showing up on the Cart, http://www.provatostore.com

I'm so lost. This happened once I added both the Sandbox and Live Merchant ID's and Key's...

Before, I had only had the Sandbox ID's/Key present in both the Admin/Module settings and the htaccess.

As well as the problem of the "buy now" button showing up instead of the "Google Checkout" button...

After making all the changes to the directory security, I am still getting the pop up box asking for a username and password when trying to view:

http://www.provatostore.com/googlecheckout...onsehandler.php

Is there anything else, in terms of File Permissions that I am missing?

Yep, this is what I have:

<tr>

<td>

<?php

// ** GOOGLE CHECKOUT **

}

?>

</td>

</tr>

You can see that the Buy Now button is showing up on the Cart, http://www.provatostore.com

I'm so lost. This happened once I added both the Sandbox and Live Merchant ID's and Key's...

Before, I had only had the Sandbox ID's/Key present in both the Admin/Module settings and the htaccess.

You have this in your shopping_cart.php file which is the source of the Buy Now button:

height="46" width="180" /></form></div><div align="center"><a href="java script:void(window.open('http://checkout.google.com/seller/what_is_google_checkout.html','whatischeckout','scrollbars=0,resizable=1,directories=0,height=250,width=400'));" onmouseover="return window.status = 'What is Google Checkout?'" onmouseout="return window.status = ''"><font size="-2">What is Google Checkout?</font></a></div></div> <div style="font-size:11px; color: red; width: 180px; text-align: center;"> * GC is set to use SANDBOX. Order will be processed but NOT charged.</div></div>

<!-- ** END GOOGLE CHECKOUT ** --> </td>

Try substituting the proper code.

As well as the problem of the "buy now" button showing up instead of the "Google Checkout" button...

After making all the changes to the directory security, I am still getting the pop up box asking for a username and password when trying to view:

http://www.provatostore.com/googlecheckout...onsehandler.php

Is there anything else, in terms of File Permissions that I am missing?

1. Use this tool encode your keys & ID's: http://demo.globant.com/~brovagnati/tools/htaccess.php

2. Put the results in your htapasswd file

3. Make an htaccess file which points to the htapasswd file making sure that its above the public_html, not in the googlecheckout directory. Place the htaccess file in the google checkout directory.

4. If you already protected your googlecheckout directory before in the server panel, disable the protection, this is a manual installation. I have it disabled in mine.

5. Set .htaccess Basic Authentication Mode to true on the googlecheckout module.

6. Set the following in Configuration/Sessions:

Force Cookie Use /False

Check SSL Session ID /True

Check User Agent /False

Check IP Address /False

Prevent Spider Sessions /True

Recreate Session /True

Edited by speed777

In order to contain all the support to one thread so I can accurately help those needing help with this module please post your support questions here and I will be more then happy to help you with this to best of my ability.

Contribution can be found below.

Google Checkout module for osCommerce

Current release is version 1.4 Dated 17 Jul 2007

Hi. I have done my best to read everything relevant in this forum. I am running OSC v2.2 RC2. I have enabled the USPS shipping module that it came with. I have installed gc v1.4.5a with no install issues (reads v1.4.5_CCS). I have uninstalled and reinstalled in that order.

USPS real time rates are working fine when checking out w/o using GC.

I have GC set to use real time rates and I have all the rates except Priority Domestic and Priority and Express International 0'ed out. The problem is it only takes my default values that I have entered and does not do realtime shipping calculation. It descriminates between domestic and international based on address just fine and handles the tax just fine according to my settings. All the other order details look okay. I have not tried completing the checkout process yet. So far there are no errors under integration and there are no errors in the ../logs/*.log error files.

Here is the output of the code that this thread requests be inserted to make an output on the checkout page:

Array ( [flat] => Array (

=> flat [title] => Flat Rate [description] => Flat Rate [status] => 1 ) [table] => Array ( [code] => table [title] => Table Rate [description] => Table Rate [status] => 1 ) [usps] => Array ( [code] => usps [title] => United States Postal Service [description] => United States Postal Service

You will need to have registered an account with USPS at http://www.uspsprioritymail.com/et_regcert.html to use this module

USPS expects you to use pounds as weight measure for your products. [status] => 1 ) [zones] => Array ( [code] => zones [title] => Zone Rates [description] => Zone Based Rates [status] => 1 ) )

I have been working on this around the clock for days now. It would be fantastic if someone has the answer :)

Ok - one correction. I found the integration log after all. Here is what it says:

We timed out waiting for your server at https://www.xxxx.com/googlecheckout/responsehandler.php -- the error we got is: Read timed out. Your server must respond faster to merchant calculation callback requests.

So if that is the problem, how do I speed it up or extend the timeout period?

My description seemed a bit long with some odd formating, so commented out some code in gcheckout.php to shorten it and now I get a different error:

We encountered an error trying to access your server at https://www.xxx.com/googlecheckout/r...onsehandler.php -- the error we got is Sending failed with HTTP response code: 401. Response body was: Failed to Get Basic Authentication Headers

I have always been getting "Failed to Get Basic Authentication Headers" in the error log, but I read in other posts that this is normal.

Ropu, you still work on this stuff? For some reason all the posts I see about these errors online are from circa 2007. Did I install some ancient outdated thing? Please advise.

Edited by pdv

Okay, I completed an order with google checkout. Nothing shows up in the admin panel on OSC. Charged default shipping. More "Failed to Get Basic Authentication Headers" in the integration log.

Google checkout processed the order okay and emailed the customer a receipt and me a reciept. So the problems remain:

1) Default shipping - USPS calculation not making it to google.com

2) Google not posting back to oscommerce.

3) Continue shopping which is set for checkout_success.php worked, but OSC just dumped me to the empty cart. No thank you page, etc.?

Pardon me that I am a noob. Any help is much appreciated. Even if some one can just tell me where people get support for this mod, that would be great.

Edited by pdv

Additional info= 1and1.com shared hosting, dedicated SSL cert. CGI. Authentication with browser works on all files in the googlecheckout directory accept responsehandler.php which gives the "Failed to Get Basic Authentication Headers" error.

To make SSL work on one and one I had had to make few mods to OSC. Not sure if that is related, but it is some more info.

Ok - one correction. I found the integration log after all. Here is what it says:

We timed out waiting for your server at https://www.xxxx.com/googlecheckout/responsehandler.php -- the error we got is: Read timed out. Your server must respond faster to merchant calculation callback requests.

So if that is the problem, how do I speed it up or extend the timeout period?

That's a overload problem with the server you happen to use, you have no direct control over that.

1. Use this tool encode your keys & ID's: http://demo.globant.com/~brovagnati/tools/htaccess.php

2. Put the results in your htapasswd file

3. Make an htaccess file which points to the htapasswd file making sure that its above the public_html, not in the googlecheckout directory. Place the htaccess file in the google checkout directory.

4. If you already protected your googlecheckout directory before in the server panel, disable the protection, this is a manual installation. I have it disabled in mine.

5. Set .htaccess Basic Authentication Mode to true on the googlecheckout module.

6. Set the following in Configuration/Sessions:

Force Cookie Use /False

Check SSL Session ID /True

Check User Agent /False

Check IP Address /False

Prevent Spider Sessions /True

Recreate Session /True

Excellent! I followed those steps. And I am no longer prompted with a login box! Thank you!

This thing is almost working! :)

That's not what's showing on the site. Your old shopping_cart.php is not being overwritten or substituted by the new file.

Hmmm. I added a Comment Tag right below the Body tag. To see if the browser is displaying the correct version.

And when I view source I do see the updated comment tag.

Can you see if you see it as well: http://www.provatostore.com/shopping_cart.php

I do see the Continue Shopping Button returned though, but still showing the Buy Now.

<div align="right">
<?php 
 echo '<div style="width: 180px; text-align: center;"><b>' . MODULE_PAYMENT_GOOGLECHECKOUT_TEXT_OPTION . '</b></div>';
?>
</div>
<div align="right">
   <?php
   echo $Gcart->CheckoutButtonCode();
   ?>
   <?php
     foreach($Gwarnings as $Gwarning) {
       echo '<div style="font-size:11px; color: red; width: 180px; text-align: center;"> * ' . $Gwarning . '</div>';
     }
     if($shipping_config_errors != ''){
       echo '<div style="font-size:11px; color: red; width: 180px; text-align: center;"><b>' . GOOGLECHECKOUT_STRING_ERR_SHIPPING_CONFIG . '</b><br />';
       echo $shipping_config_errors;
       echo '</div>';
     }
   ?>
</div>
<?php
//echo $Gcart->CheckoutHTMLButtonCode();
//echo "<xmp>".$Gcart->GetXML()."</xmp>";
?>
<!-- ** END GOOGLE CHECKOUT ** -->

Is this all correct within the gcheckout.php? Where is the actual CheckoutButtonCode(); being pulled from?

Edited by fostertime

Okay, I completed an order with google checkout. Nothing shows up in the admin panel on OSC. Charged default shipping. More "Failed to Get Basic Authentication Headers" in the integration log.

Google checkout processed the order okay and emailed the customer a receipt and me a reciept. So the problems remain:

1) Default shipping - USPS calculation not making it to google.com

2) Google not posting back to oscommerce.

3) Continue shopping which is set for checkout_success.php worked, but OSC just dumped me to the empty cart. No thank you page, etc.?

Pardon me that I am a noob. Any help is much appreciated. Even if some one can just tell me where people get support for this mod, that would be great.

I can help with some things related to google checkout but you're going to have to go to Shipping Modules and ask there for help on the USPS part. I'm not familiar with USPS.

2) Google not posting back to oscommerce.- Set your Configuration/Sessions all to false for testing purposes now. Some conflict with googlecheckout and don't allow posting back to oscommerce.

3) Continue shopping which is set for checkout_success.php worked, but OSC just dumped me to the empty cart. No thank you page, etc.?-Add the contribution that I made called Empty Cart After Transaction.

Ok...

So... I completely deleted everything. The entire store. Database, everything.

I reinstalled everything from scratch. Including the Google Checkout addon.

Now, everything seems to be working the way it should.

Everything is processing properly, it is accessing Google Checkout without any problems. Etc etc etc...

The only thing now. Is that it says "Buy Now" instead of "Google Checkout".

Like I said, this a complete FRESH install of everything...

Could someone look at this: http://www.provatostore.com/home/ and maybe shed some light on why it would say "Buy Now" instead of "Google Checkout"? Is it a setting within Google Checkout? Is it a setting within the Admin that I am missing?

Thank you in advance...

Well, I got it fixed...

Not sure why this is... But I edited catalog/googlecheckout/library/googlecart.php by changing the size of the google checkout image used to "small" instead of "large"...

Once I made this change and uploaded the new file. The small Google Checkout icon appeared!

Strange, and it bugs me that I didn't figure out why it was displaying that Buy Now button.

BUT ALL IS WELL! ALL IS WORKING! Thank you VERY much so Speed777! You are da'man!

Ok...

So... I completely deleted everything. The entire store. Database, everything.

I reinstalled everything from scratch. Including the Google Checkout addon.

Now, everything seems to be working the way it should.

Everything is processing properly, it is accessing Google Checkout without any problems. Etc etc etc...

The only thing now. Is that it says "Buy Now" instead of "Google Checkout".

Like I said, this a complete FRESH install of everything...

Could someone look at this: http://www.provatostore.com/home/ and maybe shed some light on why it would say "Buy Now" instead of "Google Checkout"? Is it a setting within Google Checkout? Is it a setting within the Admin that I am missing?

Thank you in advance..

I don't see Buy Now on http://www.provatostore.com/home/, I see Please Use Google Checkout on http://www.provatostore.com/home/shopping_cart.php. Looks fine to me.